children's video is the tits LOOOOOL
    TWL-J Season 11 Champion
    TWL-J Season 21 Champion
    TWL-B Season 21 Champion
    TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
    TWDT-D 2017 Champion
    TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

Yes, Children's video is really good. I'm not sure how other people who don't play this game would sit through the whole thing, but it's just amazing for us Subspace folk.

Comment

children's video was better when it was this one..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3q6ee_zklT8
        violence> dont talk 2 me until u got 900+fbook friends and can take 1 dribble from the 3 point line n dunk

[Aug 23 03:03] Oops: 1:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life
        [Aug 23 03:20] money: LOL NOT QUITE VIO BUT 5:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life

Comment

Originally posted by pascone View Post

Yeah, it's a funny video, but it's not original at all. I've seen atleast 3-4 variations of the same footage.
          Girl if it's alright,
          100%.

Comment

Originally posted by pascone View Post

I prefer the TO to Buffalo one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okhiJjuefPw

Comment

Originally posted by Broly View Post
              Yeah, it's a funny video, but it's not original at all. I've seen atleast 3-4 variations of the same footage.
              Thanks for copying my post from the other thread.
              sigpic

1:Shaun> if my girlfriend had a dick
              1:Shaun> mmmm

Comment

Children's video isn't so hot. Nobody will give a crap about the name drop circle jerk. Inside jokes are called inside jokes because they are incomprehensible to outsiders, and it's outsiders the contest is supposed to attract.

For one thing, it could be any game at all. There's nothing distinctly TW or SS about it. Every game has its long and storied hierarchy of people who have taken it too seriously for too long. Not only does that make it seem like a closed loop from the outside, but in TW's case, many of these players are pathological assholes. They're also irrelevant to someone new. Make the game the focus, not the assholes who play it.

Keep it short. Give people some idea of what the game is about. Don't make people read until after you've definitely gotten their attention, and then keep the reading short. Guys substantially outnumber girls in the player base, and young kids won't have the patience for an old game with crappy graphics, so your target audience is pretty well defined. Don't forget the high correlation of interest among stoners, too.
                Originally posted by Crunchy Nut
                2d spaceships nobody gives a shit

Comment

Does not fit for advertisement.

I honestly do not understand why people take these same measures about comedy & other crap avaliable and tie it down to things like subspace and try to get people in it?

I agree to captain poopface because of two things:

The fact that there is no distinct relevance.

The fact that this contest was focused for outsiders.

The way I go about advertising SubSpace is through openly suggesting the possibility of Developing, aswell as a small, kind, and a fan-run community.

Take note of the audience. Some people could be German, that can also take offense to this. This is a very touchy and risky method of advertisement, and someone could possibly flag & remove it.

There are also children who play this game, aswell as the age-target for advertisement, who do not find things like "Fuck" and "Shit" and also is a bad influence. These days, parental control has gone mainstream, so seeing advertisements like of this can result in parental backlash and deciding not to let their children play "such a thing".

Honestly, In my current place, I am okay with the video, but I'm sure alot of people can be turned off by this, so I do not see it as a stable viral video for a main-page advertisement.

To be honest, I did not find the constant barrage of "JOIN US NOW" appealing at all.

I know that alot of people will backlash at this post, but I am correct. This is only good for people "inside the community".
                  Last edited by JabJabJab; 08-05-2009, 07:32 AM.
                  [Nov 07 11:13] RuBbEr BoMb: all your base belong to us

Comment

Jab i think youre clearly mistaken.

First off childrens video has 800 views in 3 days. Not only is it good for advertising, its also going to create rivalries with other squads. (like the old pallies videos) Making fun of hitler shouldnt be offensive to anyone (well give or take a few racist white guys) (pee pee sock?)

The idea of the video is to get people just to try it, the problem we will have with any video is, once they download the game its going to be up to them to play it. Showing them zombies events isnt going to do much to influence them into playing. But being humerous and showing them a competitive community will be.
                    Devest.proboards.com

2:Lance> OMG
                    2:Lance> BCG is afking in my arena
                    2:Master of Dragons> you got steve'd

Creator/Co-Creator of:

?go Prisonbreak, Twcountry, Hathunt, Treehunt, Birthday, Divbase, Defense, Devest, Trifecta, CSDOM, Brickbase, Sharkball, HateBase, Hatetf, Assassin, JavTerror, JavHunt, XmasZombies.

New Maps are in production...

Comment

• JabJabJab just wants to win the monitor so basically ignore everything he has said, funny is funny, and watching that video as an outsider might actually MAKE PEOPLE WANT TO FIND OUT WHAT TRENCHWARS is about, not scare them away. We all know what jabjabjab wants and captain poopface is a moron, this video is the best video as of yet.
                      Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

• First off childrens video has 800 views in 3 days.
                        First off, does a view count as soon as you load the page, or after you view the entire thing?

Second, it doesnt matter if it gets a million views, if noone goes and checks out the game after.

Yes its funny, no it doesnt promote SS in ANY way other than all the related links at the side.

Comment

• And this is exactly the kindof attitude that will destroy the community. Have fun now! xD
                          [Nov 07 11:13] RuBbEr BoMb: all your base belong to us

Comment

• Listen there are a few ways to market this game, we have had videos of subspace on youtube for years and years now, I don't think any of them even have 1000 views.

So basically we have a certain group of players who are even willing to play this game, people who are I would say ages 18-30 are the most likely group, people who grew up playing Atari, people who grew up playing NES, SNES, Sega Genesis, N64, basically people who grew up playing games where the games popularity was based more on game play than graphics. Another group of players are the people who started playing this game from their friends playing it which I believe is probably one of the biggest groups right now. And the last group are community players, people who play games such as this one because they have played the game for awhile, like talking to the people on it, or enjoy a game where you have a close knit group of people that you see every day and actually get to know through squadding or something like that.

So basically the types of sites we need to recruit on (put banners/advertise on) are.

1. Rom and Emulator sites - anyone who still goes and searches for their old favorite games on NES/SNES and doesn't mind playing them even though the graphics are 10-20 years out dated is a prime candidate for a new subspace player.

2. Other small community games, I am talking MUDS, Runescape, MMORPGs, or websites that talk about MUDS and or MMORPGs.

3. Niche gaming sites where you can find links for games that are free shareware.

Anyways, a movie like the one that children did might not really show what trenchwars is, but it is humorous enough, and anyone who plays games that have squads/clans can understand the humor of the video. If it could get a bit more exposure say maybe.. 5-10k views from people on youtube I am pretty sure that we could get at least 200 people to try downloading the game, and at least 500 people who will at least visit the site to see what it is about. However, on www.trenchwars.org we need to put some attention getting details about the game that might get some of the niche players I mentioned above more interesting in actually trying the game.

So we point out things like gameplay over graphics, great community, ability to join/create squads and participate in leagues against other players. For players who are afraid to download a game because of terrible staffers we need to mention that we adhere to a strict and professional staffing system where nobody (well technically) gets singled out or gets away with things more often based on who they are. We also could explain if they came to www.trenchwars.org through a youtube video why that video is funny to us, or why it holds any significance to the game.

So the videos job is to get people interested in coming to the website which I feel that it will as it is funny even to an outsider who has any form of experience in multiplayer games with a squad/clan system.

Our job should be to put out a well though out list of reasons why people should play our game, such as some of the ones I listed above. That is why that video works and a video showing very very poorly recorded versions of people playing subspace with huge theatrical star wars style words won't work.
                            Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

• I agree with many of your points but not your conclusion. As for the correlation between views and downloads... someone could make a video showing 1 minute of boobs, and then a caption that says "Check out an old school spaceship game at trenchwars.org!" 10,000 views, 0 downloads. It's a contrived example, but the point is, we need a balance between quality and quantity of traffic, and don't conflate the two.

Remember when you had to sit around for a few hours until MTV would play your favorite Cyndi Lauper song again? Now you can youtube it or get it from a torrent in seconds, right after you post on Twitter "whoa, that last fart was a hot one. probly have diarrhea soon." We live in an age of instant gratification. People watching the video will read for the first 10 or 20 seconds, then say, "shit, what a lot of reading." Then glance at the video length. "Four minutes of reading this crap, when I don't even understand the terms or the names being thrown around? Must be some inside thing, that I don't have the time or patience for and don't give a shit about. NEXT."

You have to keep it relevant and brief, and it has to get people's attention.

The camaraderie and rivalries with other players and squads can be found in just about any competitive activity, from intramural basketball to chess to euchre at summer band camp. Why seek it in some old 2d game, as opposed to anywhere else? The video provides no reason.

New people will come for the game, and stay for the friends. NOT the other way around.
                              Originally posted by Crunchy Nut
                              2d spaceships nobody gives a shit

Comment

• jabjab, please stfu, sure it isnt that tw related but its hilarious and so far is the best video. Your video is god awful and there are already 1000 better ss video advertisements on youtube, please stfu.
                                TWL-J Season 11 Champion
                                TWL-J Season 21 Champion
                                TWL-B Season 21 Champion
                                TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
                                TWDT-D 2017 Champion
                                TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

Working...
                                X