No announcement yet.

Trenchwars...the backstory...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think captainpoopface is not far off. I remember reading something on a website on why the zone was called Trench Wars, but I forgot where. I found this though:

Originally posted by http://subspacedownloads.com/index.php?act=reviews
    Trench Wars is a fast paced "one shot kill" (for most ships) zone with the main principle being to capture the flag. The ship settings are set to simulate "being in the trenches" during a war.

The map consists of a large "castle" like structure with a flag at the top. Players must navigate past the obstacles in order to reach the base holding the flag located near the top.

Comment

Originally posted by Epinephrine View Post
      Well at least you do make good money... what is it, every test you write gets you up another level and directly makes you more money? And starting is like 100k or something... not too shabby. You do end up selling your soul to the devil (insurance companies) though.
      No wonder those stupid people around the world think the American healthcare system is broken, they are indoctrinated into thinking that insurance companies are evil organizations.
      Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Originally posted by Epinephrine View Post
        Well at least you do make good money... what is it, every test you write gets you up another level and directly makes you more money? And starting is like 100k or something... not too shabby. You do end up selling your soul to the devil (insurance companies) though.
        Well I don't think the starting pay is quite that much (it's usually around 50-60k), but yeah. Every exam passed does mean a pay raise, and bonuses if you pass on your first try. Plus, the employers pay you to study for the exams. So I don't mind selling them my soul since they're paying me well in return.

Originally posted by genocidal View Post
        You want to be an actuary? Really Panda? I thought about making a snide remark but now I'm just concerned.
        Yes This is generally most peoples' reactions when I tell them what I'm studying - they either don't believe me or they tell me I should use my degree in economics instead. I like it though, so whatever.
        Pandagirl!

(ph)>12 is just right

In the most dangerous game...warping will only prolong your defeat. ?go warpwars -Chao <ER>
        1:Chao <ER>> what the FUCK?
        1:Chao <ER>> I just adverted and no one came
        1:Chao <ER>> at all
        1:Mantra-Slider> chao
        1:Mantra-Slider> you are in the wrong arena
        Panda <ZH>> ?find chao <ER>
        Chao <ER> - hero

Comment

Well if it makes you happy. It seems too much like Tyler Durden's job to me, and if everyone in your field is nerdy and sucks ass you may need to take that to heart. Why don't you use both your math degree and economics and do forecasting or some other field that's a little less like crunching numbers in a cubicle all day?

Comment

Originally posted by Pandagirl! View Post
            Subspace -a non-empty subset w in v where v is a vector space if w is closed to addition and multiplication by scalar.
            1) For every w1, w2 in w: w1+w2 is in W
            2) For every alpha in R, w+(-w) = vector(0)v

...I need to put my math homework down
            Null spaces are fun too. don;t you love linear algebra?
            3:Steadman> ive been a leader in every league of legends and basketball game ive ever played in

Comment

SSCU Galaxy Turbo Wars, good shout methinks.
              (Twerp and Duel Pasta)
              5:dads revenge> they are both actually my virtual pet salamanders I have to feed them virtual flies 3 times a day

1: Pandagirl!> What do I say back to that
              1: Pandagirl!> How about "lol"
              1: winipcfg> despite "lol"'s versatility, I don't think that'd be good in the situation

If you can't beat them, eat them. ?go zombies3 - Chao <ER>

Ricko> mvp gets poppadums from weak's corner shop

Comment

this thread is something else
                can we please have a moment for silence for those who died from black on black violence

Comment

Originally posted by Lock View Post
                  Null spaces are fun too. don;t you love linear algebra?
                  Least favorite class ever.
                  Pandagirl!

(ph)>12 is just right

In the most dangerous game...warping will only prolong your defeat. ?go warpwars -Chao <ER>
                  1:Chao <ER>> what the FUCK?
                  1:Chao <ER>> I just adverted and no one came
                  1:Chao <ER>> at all
                  1:Mantra-Slider> chao
                  1:Mantra-Slider> you are in the wrong arena
                  Panda <ZH>> ?find chao <ER>
                  Chao <ER> - hero

Comment

Subspace makes sense because it's a 2D game which is a Subset of the 3D it's trying to represent.

Trench Wars... I'd just go with CaptainPoopface.

On another note, I love how CaptainPoopface almost always has the most well thought out and logical posts on these forums but his name and avatar are so ridiculous.

Here's to you, CPF :wub:
                    Less QQ More pew pew

Comment

Well I don't think the starting pay is quite that much (it's usually around 50-60k), but yeah. Every exam passed does mean a pay raise, and bonuses if you pass on your first try. Plus, the employers pay you to study for the exams. So I don't mind selling them my soul since they're paying me well in return.

Yes This is generally most peoples' reactions when I tell them what I'm studying - they either don't believe me or they tell me I should use my degree in economics instead. I like it though, so whatever.
                      stick at it honey. Someone's gotta support me when I blow all my money, which I still plan on doing.
                      The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
                      All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

when are you going to blow me huh
                        Originally Posted by HeavenSent
                        You won't have to wait another 4 years.
                        There wont be another election for president.
                        Obama is the Omega President.
                        http://wegotstoned.blogspot.com/

Comment

Well 1 girl I know from HS is now an actuary and she's pretty normal too... so I guess it works:P Good luck with it!
                          Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
                          www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
                          www.animeslice.com

Comment

Working...
                          X