Warbird vs. Lancaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warbird vs. Lancaster

Alright we've all heard this one, the "ever so cheap lamecaster". Well id just like to discuss this one with you guys, considering i use both of them a lot. Here's a comparison:

speed- warbird is a lot faster, lanc is hard to maneuver (especially away from spiders)

maneuvering- warbird comes out top again, real quick. lanc is more like a cow compared to a horse, aka warbird.

weapons- lanc takes it here with the spread, BUT the warbirds weapon is a lot faster making it easier to hit with less planning. because of the lanc's slower "bolt speed" you have to predict a lot more

power- warbird takes it, faster recharge and bolt takes less energy. the lanc is constantly having to desperately maneuver while trying to recharge for a shot.

What im trying to say is the lancaster is a lot harder than a warbird when played fairly (aka without spread). when i play it, the spread is used in base defense, but in normal combat i turn it off. I recently started using the warbird a lot and it is wayyyy easier: faster, lighter, and quicker weapons make it extremely easy to dance around the other guys and kill them. The lanc took a lot more skill (which comes from trial and error, seeing what works and what doesnt. ESPECIALLY using the inertia of your own ship to send the bolts where u want to go. that wasnt much of an issue as in the warbird. aka: firing down pipes)

It all happened because i got really sick of "awwww i got lamecasted", so i switched to warbird and killed that particular person (no names mentioned) a lot easier Lol. It was quite hilarious to see how much easier it was in warbird.

So guys, give the lanc a try (dont be cheap with the spread! just use it for base defense) and u might see what i mean. Btw, i think the lanc looks a lot cooler then the warbird, but thats not really the point :P

happy lanc-ing!

1:Eeks> well that bichix was trying to start conversation with me today
    1:Eeks> and got excited when i said i wanna go drink today =/
    1:Eeks> but i didn't propose anything
    1:Zloy> Why
    1:Eeks> i didn't have anything to fill that box zloy

Comment

further proof that the warbird is by far the easiest ship to play, yet ironically enough, people tend to think it's also the most skillful.
      plopp> im not a newbie ok!! im a butterfly waiting to come out of his coon!

Comment

lolol

Hey, sneaker98. Where has sneaker97 been? Say whats up to sneaker57 also. Thanks!
        RaCka> how can i get you here
        death row> well basically im holdin off cuz i jus joined sweet. so its not u, its me
        RaCka> YOU'RE DUMPING ME?!?!?!?
        death row> LOL I KNOW I JUS READ THAT LINE AGAIN

Comment

Re: Warbird vs. Lancaster

Originally posted by sneaker98
          happy lanc-ing!
          never!
          (¯`*•.¸,¤°´'`°¤,¸.•*´¯)
          (¯`*•.¸,¤°´'`°•.¸O¸.•°´'`°¤,¸.•*´¯)
          \~~~~~~~•.•~~~~~~~/
          << evoce >>
          /~~~~~~~.•.~~~~~~~\
          (_¸.•*´'`°¤¸¸.•'´O`'•.¸¸¤°´'`*•.¸_)
          (_¸.•*´'`°¤¸¸¤°´'`*•.¸_)

TWLJ Season 10 Champion (Thunder)
          TWLD Season 9 Champion (Sk8)
          TWLD Season 8 Runner up (Pirates)

Comment

In future, could you put all your points into one post instead of inflicting three seperate threads on us please?
            Originally posted by Facetious
            edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

Originally posted by ZeUs!!
              In future, could you put all your points into one post instead of inflicting three seperate threads on us please?
              HALLELUJA!
              5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
              5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
              5: Da1andonly> =((
              5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
              5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
              5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

"What im trying to say is the lancaster is a lot harder than a warbird when played fairly (aka without spread). "

why would you be stupid enough not to use spreadfire. thats kind of like playing spider and not using the rapid fire because it is "more challenging." and "fair." the spreadfire is not that tough to dodge because of its slowness.

i agree with stupid gerbil's point. lots of people say im a lame spider when i pub and tell me to use a real ship, and they are just flying around spawning people in their warbirds. the only ships not balanced in this zone are the cloaker and the levi.
                Ripper>cant pee with a hard on
                apt>yes u can wtf
                apt>you need to clear the pipes after a nice masturbation
                apt>i just put myself in a wierd position
                apt>so i dont miss the toilet
                Ripper>but after u masterbaition it usually goes down
                apt>na
                apt>ill show you pictures
                apt>next time I masturbate

Comment

It's not the ship, it's the pilot....

Most people that fly lancaster are new people that don't have aim yet. The wardbird is easier to fly, but it takes some time for a player to get the aim a warbird needs.
                  Because of the pilots flying lancaster it is mainly used to shoot a random 'wall' of bullets into a group of enemies.... The lancaster is a shitty ship and most people who fly it die as much as they kill.
                  You ate some priest porridge

Comment

Zerzera, I actually tried the game you have in your sig/banner and it scared me
                    Da1andonly> man this youghurt only made me angry

5:ph> n0ah will dangle from a helicopter ladder and just reduce the landscape to ashes by sweeping his beard across it

Comment

Originally posted by sTuPiD-gErBiL
                      further proof that the warbird is by far the easiest ship to play, yet ironically enough, people tend to think it's also the most skillful.
                      to hit a ship using a ship that fires 1 buttet at a time requires a good aim.. but i can see how you say its the easiest... but in truth, the spider is
                      "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that the good do nothing."

Comment

why would you be stupid enough not to use spreadfire....
                        exactly although i dont use lanc because its a lame ship (AKA for newbs)
                        "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that the good do nothing."

Comment

Well the tough part about the lanc is not dying as much as you kill :P

and hey, i like to be fair and not use the spread (also i hate the lamcasted comments, so i just shoot the people fairly)

lancs are easy prey in spiders, i get soooo frustrated playing in one and get cornered by a spider lol. I usually end up doing a suicide run to get them

and about my name.. "sneaker" and "98" refer to two seperate things. one is an old nickname, the other is a favourite number i used in an old Sega Hockey Game. Damn that was about 10 years ago... So no i dont know sneaker57, or sneaker97, or sally or jessie or susy, but if i see them i'll tell them you said hi. *rolls eyes*

final paragraph.. i had 3 seperate threads about 3 seperate topics, so i didnt put them all together. I know how to use a forumn, used the bridgecommanderuniverse forum (pretty much the same design) for about a year, so yes i do know what im doing lol. Figured i have never posted on here before so i might as well let myself be known! Dont worry, no more massive amounts of threads from me again

*edit*
                          just saw your post, blue. Well a ship that fires one bullet can be hard to aim sometimes, but the bullet is pretty fast and u have a decent recharge rate, so its not that hard. Point and shoot....dodge till u can fire again.. point and shoot. With lanc u have to use a lot more variables AND the damn bullet is so slow. easier to dodge. And did u not just read my first post about the lanc not being a newb/cheap ship? Or do you just ignore the relevent parts? *sighs*
                          Last edited by sneaker98; 05-11-2003, 02:07 PM.

Comment

lanc are absolutely the ezship when you compare lanc and bird. first time i tryed lanc, i got a 3:1 ratio. when you get 4 bullets, its like spider in base, you cant not kill people.
                            Throughout time, there’s been
                            crimes, throughout our history
                            But not as great, as the one of late, affecting you and me
                            Once a nation proud and free, and now we’re weeping sorrow’s tears
                            Tragedy’s approaching, it’s worse than all your fears

Come on my countrymen
                            Come on and take a stand
                            Don’t let ‘em take away your land

the Wenger bus is coming
                            and all the kids are running
                            from London to Manchester
                            cos he's a child molester

fuck islam

Comment

eehh, try fighting the lanc without spread and in a duel with a warbird. You might find it kinda fun and more challenging. Personally right now im playing the warbird a lot and i find it much easier, but hey you guys should see for yourselves.

Comment

Working...
                              X