Warbird vs. Lancaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PaulOakenfold
    No, even that is wrong. Even if there was no room to move AT ALL, the wbs recharge is twice as fast.
    not if the lanc shoots first out of surprise like my post is TRYING to say....must i clear that up? think about it... an enclosed area... lanc has multi, wb has 1 straight moving bullet, which has the better percentage of hitting? You dont even have to be a shitty WB to be killed in that type of scenario.
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that the good do nothing."

Comment

nah man, if you're talking 1 on 1 then the lanc firing at u isnt much of a suprise is it? Lol... ive seen time and again in a warbird they have a lot easier time taking out lancs, man.. sorry to say but u should adjust how u play or something! or when those bullets are shot at you..... move out of the way? lanc bullets are slow, warbird shots are fast

oh, and i know its called multifire, but spreadfire is more fitting.

Comment

Errr multi is, multiple bullets...yeah
        1:Necromotic> my belt has a pokemon on it

1:Tigerex> My Belt has a decapitated Badger on it. Can i be in your sig please

Comment

Originally posted by A DeCoY?!?!
          lances would be better if all the dam bullets dident dissapear when they hit an enemy....then youd get up to 4 ppl at once.
          16 in normal settings arenas. (4 turrets)

Of course, more in TWZ.
          1:koan> indy is like being skinny and liking weird music
          1:tRICERATOPS> just a bunhc of faggots is all being indy is
          1:koan> we cant talk about this infront of castro
          1:koan> he's going to see this and be like WTFZ im a skinny vegeterian white dude with selective music tastes

Comment

rofl. lancs are a BIG joke

easy to dodge, easy to kill.
            Koska perustetaan hamppukaupunki?

Comment

CommanderEnder- Yeah but without "multifire" on, the lanc still fires 2 bullets. So spread fire is a little more suiting since it really is more of a spread.. yeah

Noodleman- Thats exactly what im talking about! its what makes them harder to play then the warbird, is the whole slow moving bullets and badly maneuvering ship! Give it a try man, its a lot of fun. More fun then being just another warbird

Comment

I think TW ships is lacking the variety of shooting short range shots, for the only ship that KINDA does that is terr, yet not really, cuz the bullets still endure across the entire screen. I want to see some dramatic changes on the lanc, as it is just another ship, but with 4 bullets instead of 1, slower movement, and slower recharge. I think it'd be cool if lanc bullets shot diagonally and would bounce off walls once, but disappear, kind of like a jav, but with bullets. So a spread of 4 bullets in a fixed diagonal position, making it a pretty cool and versatile alternative to the jav during basing.
                ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
                Failure teaches success.
                . â–²
                ▲ ▲

Comment

Originally posted by sneaker98
                  CommanderEnder- Yeah but without "multifire" on, the lanc still fires 2 bullets. So spread fire is a little more suiting since it really is more of a spread.. yeah
                  Yeah...two bullets=multiple bullets...

Comment

Originally posted by sneaker98
                    nah man, if you're talking 1 on 1 then the lanc firing at u isnt much of a suprise is it? Lol... ive seen time and again in a warbird they have a lot easier time taking out lancs, man.. sorry to say but u should adjust how u play or something! or when those bullets are shot at you..... move out of the way? lanc bullets are slow, warbird shots are fast

oh, and i know its called multifire, but spreadfire is more fitting.

This all depeds on how close to the Lanc you are. Thus, this post proves my point that the thing a Lanc needs to take out a WB is the element of surprise.
                    Last edited by Blue Thunder2003; 05-13-2003, 07:26 AM.

Comment

1 wb vs 1 lanc

Lanc shoots those sloow bullets, wb dodges easily. Wb rushes, lanc can't run away or dodge because it hasn't got any energy. Lanc dies. Wb comes out victorious.

The above will happen with any wb that can dodge and rush, in all different sizes of areas bigger than 10 tiles x 10 tiles...
                      6:megaman89> im 3 league veteran back off

Originally posted by Dreamwin
                      3 league vet

Comment

oh yeah, the element of suprise is always nice! But that goes for any ship, not just the lanc. It just takes a lot more concentration (which i dont have in abundance! lol) to dodge those shots from the wb, its a lot harder than one on one in warbirds.

miku- it doesnt always turn out like that :P Its all in the maneuvers after u take your shot at the wb; spin lots, try to confuse them and whatever you do DONT STALL! heh, u basically hope they miss until u can take another shot. its reallll tough! ive been playing wb for a few days now and its a little easier on the ol mind lol

does anyone else use the term stall? i havent seen it before on here anyways, i just refer to when u try a maneuver (which goes very wrong!) and your ship is sitting still in one spot for a second, making u a sitting duck. happens a lot in a lanc, less often in a wb because its a bit quicker. i dunno, i kinda like that word

Comment

I do agree, it is somewhat harder than 1 on 1 WB. The one thing that really matters in a 1 on 1 wb lanc duel though is the skill of the WB. If the warbird is a newb that has no aim, the lanc is gonna own it. But, if it is skilled, the lanc is gonna get schooled. The skillz of the Lanc pilot really dont matter much. It helps if they can dodge bullets, but if its a total newb or an extremely skilled pilot in the wb, it isnt gonna make much of a difference. Even a newb in a lanc wit multi can hit an enemy unless it really wasnt trying.

as for a stall... i dont think ive ever seen that in tw..... but i guess its possable..... unless you mean where you run out of energy to burn.
                          Last edited by Blue Thunder2003; 05-13-2003, 01:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eeks
                            Brown Thunder.
                            I got to level 17 vigilante with that Kinda ruins it when you have to admit you got to level 17 with a super-fast and agile helicopter with a minigun and twin mounted rocket launchers both with unlimited ammo.
                            Originally posted by Facetious
                            edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

Blue, you gotta try battling in a lanc for a while, but i can see what u mean.. in a wb i just wait for the lanc to fire and then pound it, but u rarely see a lanc who knows what the hell they're doing lol. but when u do, you'll know it! its actually a lot of fun, give it a try man!

about the stall, its nothing really obvious, its just like when someone does too sharp of a turn.. at the apex of it they're almost at a standstill THATS what i mean by stall. just when u arent moving much.. a better example would be say when you're moving forward in a straight line, then put it in reverse.. there's a point when the ship is totally stopped. Thats what i mean lol, happens often in a lanc
                              Last edited by sneaker98; 05-13-2003, 07:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ZeUs!!
                                I got to level 17 vigilante with that Kinda ruins it when you have to admit you got to level 17 with a super-fast and agile helicopter with a minigun and twin mounted rocket launchers both with unlimited ammo.
                                Level 27 here, after that I got bored.

Comment

Working...
                                X