Hire a marketing team - please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hire a marketing team - please.

I'm having a nice talk with kontrolz right now about Subspace, and he had a great idea. It came to my attention that staff is sitting on almost $5000 in donations and doesn't use a dime on shit other than "cash events." What are you waiting for? I am in disbelief that you have that much in donation money and haven't used it at all. This game is dying and you haven't spent a penny on advertising?

Chasing shit like print flyers is hilarious at best; why waste time and effort on that?

Don't blow it on an expensive banner ad or some other BS. Certainly don't waste it on Adwords.

Here's what you do: take that $5000 and hire a professional marketing team. It's clear that no one on staff or related to Subspace has a single clue of how to do marketing; not that this is bad or unexpected, but it's the truth. Now you have the opportunity to actually spend money on something substantial and actually make a difference.

Hire an actual professional marketing team that knows what they're doing. I think this is by far the best shot the game has at gaining a fresh player base, and the opportunity is here. The population is rapidly declining, and waiting much longer is going to kill it completely.
    sdg

or take that money and buy the game from priitk and revamp everything!
    sigpic
    All good things must come to an end.

Comment

Believe me I've been getting on their case to do something or at least tell people the plan for months. All you'll usually get out of them is a "don't worry we have a plan" so it'll be interesting to see how this thread ends up.

Ps hi stab : >
      JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
      the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

I'm glad somebody finally made this thread. This whole concept was FieryFire's idea who has since gone missing, leaving 24 in charge. One might think that being the top donator AND being a member of staff that I would know more than most about the status of this. Truth be told, I know next to nothing, and its infuriating me. All I know is that so far we donated $200 to make-a-wish last year and a bunch of cash events to turban. Oh, they also paid for a bunch of subscriptions for webcam/blog sites so zenabee could whore herself to advertise TW to perverts and pedos. (Who hasn't been spending much time on SS lately because she's an idiot and gets banned a lot).

When asked about the status of the project, the only answer we ever get is "We're working on a lot", but yet nothing ever gets done. People from the imaginary group "SSBR" keep getting hired to staff and doing nothing as well. This group has been receiving donations and have had a "plan" for OVER a year and 2 complete TWL seasons, and yet nothing has been accomplished. When I donated so much money, it was with the intent of saving/prolonging the life of the game, NOT to give out to whichever squad can team the most in weekend cash events, OR so zenabee can feel pretty by whoring herself on webcam in the name of advertising, OR to give out to TWL players JUST for playing TWL. For whatever reason they feel like this work is top secret, but if we don't get some transparency AND results soon, I will be going after some people to get my money back (minus whatever has already been spent of course). By myself I am over 25% of the total donations, so I highly suggest taking stabwounds advice and doing something openly productive, or you are going to lose a lot of your money. I'm all for hiring a REAL marketing team, I wouldnt mind my cash being spent on that

Comment

tits.

tits and vagina.

yeah, tits and vagina.
          zidane> big play
          Omega Red> dwop sick
          mr mime> its called an orca smash u uncultured fk
          WillBy> ^^

1:Chief Utsav> LOL
          1:Rule> we dont do that here.

cripple> can u get pregnant if u cum in gf's ass

Comment

So can we get a great shocking viral already, which we can hype up?

Comment

Originally posted by Lizard Fuel View Post
              Oh, they also paid for a bunch of subscriptions for webcam/blog sites so zenabee could whore herself to advertise TW to perverts and pedos. (Who hasn't been spending much time on SS lately because she's an idiot and gets banned a lot).
              LOL? I sure hope that you're being facetious. If not, that is a perfect example of what I mean by no one having the first clue of how to spend money on effective advertising. Furthermore, the idea of giving cash to existing players is so backwards that I don't even know where to begin, especially since not a single penny has been spent on legit advertising.

I'm not saying to rush out and start blowing it all on worthless crap. You could burn through $5000 on Adwords or Facebook ads in a day and accomplish absolutely nothing, so I have to say that it's a good thing that someone had the brains to not do something like that, at least.

$5000 is a goldmine for advertising: a real opportunity to do something worthwhile. Unfortunately, Lizard Fuel's post confirms my suspicion that no one has any idea what is happening with the donation money at all. Apparently this has come down to the exact same issue that plagues every single facet of this game in that there's no one that is both willing & capable of doing it properly and not extremely half-assed.

It's all fine and dandy to go, "Hey, we're now accepting donations for advertising!" and then collect 5 grand from players. I'm amazed that so much money was donated, actually, and obviously a large chunk of that is credited to LF. If you're going to collect that much money, you sure as hell should have a plan. It would be the ultimate fuckup to let the game just fade away while someone makes off with this $5000 that was supposed to be spent on advertising.
              Last edited by Stabwound; 07-30-2011, 08:25 AM.
              sdg

Comment

small sums are going into accelerating game development
                The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
                SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

Hey roxxkatt hows the 5000 dollars doing?

Lots of game development?
                  Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Originally posted by Lizard Fuel View Post
                    I'm glad somebody finally made this thread. This whole concept was FieryFire's idea who has since gone missing, leaving 24 in charge. One might think that being the top donator AND being a member of staff that I would know more than most about the status of this. Truth be told, I know next to nothing, and its infuriating me. All I know is that so far we donated $200 to make-a-wish last year and a bunch of cash events to turban. Oh, they also paid for a bunch of subscriptions for webcam/blog sites so zenabee could whore herself to advertise TW to perverts and pedos. (Who hasn't been spending much time on SS lately because she's an idiot and gets banned a lot).

1. Is this a joke, why did they pay for MULTIPLE subscriptions? The only one who """"needed"""" to pay for the subscription was Zenabee so she could do banners or something alike. So who else received the paid subscription (I thought it ran for at least 25 us dollars a year). Fucking bullshit imho.

2. I fullheartedly agree with you and stabwound. But I rather see someone competent (stabwound or yourself) to hire a respectable marketing team. I don't want TW to spend 5000 US dollars on a friend of 24 who studied marketing and thinks he's capable of doing this.

Comment

I, unfortunately, don't have the time or inclination to handle something like this anymore. Of course, I completely agree that this needs to be done correctly and with some research and effort put into it. Like I said, it would be incredibly easy to blow the $5000 on something that results in absolutely nothing. This needs to be handled by a professional with a proven track record, definitely not some hillbilly or 18 year old kid that thinks they can spend $5000 on advertising properly.

I don't know how much something like an online marketing campaign for a game would cost, but I would imagine that $5000 is more than enough for the level of advertising a game like this would need. Even increasing the population by 100 at all times would be a day-and-night difference to the game.

There are a lot of avenues available that might be perfect for a game like this, like Reddit advertising, etc. The problem is that you need someone that knows WTF they're doing and will guarantee results, not someone that will spend $500 on an ad and pray it does something.
                      sdg

Comment

THANK YOU FOR MAKING THIS THREAD, STABWOUND!!!

+infinity
                        Fuck it.

Comment

Originally posted by the_paul View Post
                          Believe me I've been getting on their case to do something or at least tell people the plan for months. All you'll usually get out of them is a "don't worry we have a plan" so it'll be interesting to see how this thread ends up.

Ps hi stab : >
                          yeah the cylons had a plan too and look where it got them

Comment

http://www.topseos.com/rankings-of-best-seo-companies
                            sigpic
                            All good things must come to an end.

Comment

We should finance a SS space drama using footage from the game and cheesy voiceovers.
                              GOD DAMMIT NAPPA

Comment

Working...
                              X