Hire a marketing team - please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Use the community

Hi, I have an idea for what some of the fund could be used for.

You should set up a small referral reward for players who bring new active players into the community, you could set up a system (using a bot tracking system aka !referrer:ekko) where when a player introduces the game to a friend once that friend has played in say 10 TWD games the referrer gets 5$. This could be tracked using the TWD website. I know this could be scammed by existing players, but it would surely bring in some new players. It would give more activity, competition & desire to play in TWD and make existing players bring their friends in and teach them how to use a bot/harass them to play TWD games.

Obviously the fund isn't endless but new players and more activity would mean happier players and probably more donations. Also this could be done only for a short time with a set aside amount of money allowed to be given for referral rewards. Or it could be done for say a month only to get some fresh blood into the TW population and an activity spike in playing.

Invest some money into building the population up again because even most new players who are willing to give Trench Wars a shot can't experience the full experience of a once thriving zone lacking in amount of active players.
    carpe diem

Comment

@Ekko;
      Pubbux would most likely already do the trick for the community

Comment

$1k is more than enough for a viral marketing campaign on various image boards

Comment

^ what mobey said
          Erathia> IF YOU SPIDERS CONTINUE CAMPING I WILL BAN YOU AND CALL IT RACISM

SeRtIfi> What's the point of going out with friends everyday just to hang out when I meet them in school and sometimes on weekends anyways, if I can play in SubSpace with them?

Comment

we're losing sight of what's important here. who the fuck paid zenabee to do webcam shows to promote subspace? LOL, insane how creepy some faggots are on this game
            PattheBat> steadman your name is literally "a mean std"
            ogron> CM,OPN NMKAN

Comment

what is pubbux?
              carpe diem

Comment

Originally posted by Twenty Four View Post
                Hello ladies and gentlemen. I figured since everyone seems so concerned about what's happening, I'd give a friendly update on the status of things.

1) Your donations were NOT SPENT on anything related to zenabee...or any weird shit like that.

2) If you go to http://www.trenchwars.org/donationdetails - you can see exactly what the money has been spent on.

3) The reason the money hasn't been spent so far, is because we are in the process of developing a new website for TW.
                - The idea was that we would create a new (newbie friendly) website on the front, and have neat new features for players in the subsections of it. We would then launch an advertising campaign towards this new website to bring in new players. (In a nutshell).
                -This has taken WAY longer than any of us expected. There have been stumbling blocks from day 1; from not being able to find a competent designer to being short on programmers. - Read my past forums asking the TW Community for any help they could provide. (Update on this - we finally have a good designer ready to go, and programmers are good as well).

4) As this venture has taken so much more time than expected, I agree with the general consensus that we definitely need to start spending some of the funds for advertising. (No, $5,000 will not hire a competent marketing team...but it will drain all the money away real fast and then we wouldn't have anything to work with) I appreciate the idea though.

5) Also, if you don't realize how the donation system works. When someone donates, they get to choose where those funds go. That being said, we don't have $5000 to use for advertising. (See the site above for exact amounts).

6) LF, I'm pretty sure MOST of your donations are for "charity", not advertising. That being said, if you would like to actually switch those funds over to advertising, webdev can have that arranged for you.

7) If you have a legitimate advertising plan, please feel free to contact me in-game where we can go over it; eventually having it approved by the man in charge - Pure_Luck.

Thank you all for your time,

Post some screenshots of the account with the money in it, Its been so fucking ridiculously hard to pry any information about all of this shit from you that linking me to a site saying we have 5000 X dollars doesn't really prove much of anything. This just isn't good enough honestly.
                Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Originally posted by Vatican Assassin View Post
                  24 JUST NIPPED THIS THREAT IN THE BUD WHAT IS TW FORUMS GOING TO RALLY AGAINST NEXT I SUGGEST MEXICANS
                  rofl ... good lord.

I like their tostadas tho.
                  Fuck it.

Comment

Originally posted by kthx View Post
                    Post some screenshots of the account with the money in it, Its been so fucking ridiculously hard to pry any information about all of this shit from you that linking me to a site saying we have 5000 X dollars doesn't really prove much of anything. This just isn't good enough honestly.

This. Please.

I agree, the website isn't doing it for me on the "transparancy" side of things. I'm not as distrusting as some of the people on here, 24, but even I am starting to float over toward that camp because it has been so long since we have seen anything.

Marketing isn't that difficult -- and with how many business people we have on staff (from ZH on up) we should be able to sit down in a meeting and hash out some useful things. We did kind of do this before summer kicked in. There were good and bad ideas - but there were IDEAS.

This was a productive meeting -- and really we should continue having a melting pot of ideas in a live chat setting as opposed to forum warrgarbl. Why not have a weekly or bi-weekly meeting for staffers and the non-staff players to come together and try to find many good and cheap ways to get the word out.

Yes, I can picture some of these meetings turning into a bit of a mess -- however everyone in the chat would have the same goal : Save TW. Anyone who just wants to be there to troll or what not can be removed in some fashion if they don't truly want to contribute.
                    Fuck it.

Comment

classic playoff by staff to just say "well if you know of something good tell me"

like you listen
                      sigpic
                      All good things must come to an end.

Comment

Lol no one's going to comment on the fact that more advertising money has been spent on paypal fees for advertisements than advertisements itself?

Originally posted by paradise!
                        pretty sure the flu is just bacteria found everywhere, just during the winter our immune systems are at its lowest, thus the bacteria aren't exactly killed off.
                        1:Reaver> HALP
                        1:Reaver> HELELP
                        1:Reaver> SAW CRANS MOM NAKED
                        1:Reaver> HELP YOU DUMB FUCKS

Comment

don't worry guys

24 has this handled

and by "this" i mean his cock

and by "24" i mean a monkey

kinda like this:
                          jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Twenty Four View Post
                            Hello ladies and gentlemen. I figured since everyone seems so concerned about what's happening, I'd give a friendly update on the status of things.

1) Your donations were NOT SPENT on anything related to zenabee...or any weird shit like that.

2) If you go to http://www.trenchwars.org/donationdetails - you can see exactly what the money has been spent on.

3) The reason the money hasn't been spent so far, is because we are in the process of developing a new website for TW.
                            - The idea was that we would create a new (newbie friendly) website on the front, and have neat new features for players in the subsections of it. We would then launch an advertising campaign towards this new website to bring in new players. (In a nutshell).
                            -This has taken WAY longer than any of us expected. There have been stumbling blocks from day 1; from not being able to find a competent designer to being short on programmers. - Read my past forums asking the TW Community for any help they could provide. (Update on this - we finally have a good designer ready to go, and programmers are good as well).

4) As this venture has taken so much more time than expected, I agree with the general consensus that we definitely need to start spending some of the funds for advertising. (No, $5,000 will not hire a competent marketing team...but it will drain all the money away real fast and then we wouldn't have anything to work with) I appreciate the idea though.

5) Also, if you don't realize how the donation system works. When someone donates, they get to choose where those funds go. That being said, we don't have $5000 to use for advertising. (See the site above for exact amounts).

6) LF, I'm pretty sure MOST of your donations are for "charity", not advertising. That being said, if you would like to actually switch those funds over to advertising, webdev can have that arranged for you.

7) If you have a legitimate advertising plan, please feel free to contact me in-game where we can go over it; eventually having it approved by the man in charge - Pure_Luck.

Thank you all for your time,

1. liar

2. Show screenshot of the bankaccount with the money in it (5K) if it isn't close to 5k you pocketed half

3. you need to be on top of this and not wait so long to post, if you aren't you have to let someone else be in charge or help you out

Comment

holy shit paypal is robbing trenchwars
                              The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
                              SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

and i trust noone

im convinced its only a matter of time until people forget about this completely and then someone runs off with all the donation money like this guy did
                                Last edited by roxxkatt; 08-02-2011, 02:53 AM.
                                The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
                                SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

Working...
                                X