No announcement yet.

Hire a marketing team - please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

staff never does shit and people always try to get them to. they always say they will do soemthing, or are working on it, but nothing ever happens.

24 though is the only guy i see wh oactually does do shit or attempts to do shit that would actually make any difference as of now.

before all the virgins flame me for their tw contributions u can stfu until you bring old levi back because the fact its still gone is beyond me.
    5:Melanoma> so I kinda cheated on my gf yesterday
    5:Melanoma> but I was drunk so it doesnt count right
    5:Oops> doesnt count if ur sober just so long as u dont get caught
    5:Melanoma> aight cool
    5:Melanoma> + it was with a dude
    5:Oops> what?
    5:Melanoma> ye
    5:Oops> you serious?
    5:Melanoma> innocent kissing
    5:Melanoma> fu
    5:Melanoma> I WAS DRUNK
    5:squallFF8> this is akward

Comment

Results speak louder than words.

And proof speaks louder than possibly fictional "accounting" pages.
      Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Originally posted by gran guerrero View Post
        classic playoff by staff to just say "well if you know of something good tell me"

like you listen
        Why wouldn't I listen if you had a good idea?

Help Promote TrenchWars - www.trenchwars.org/donations - www.trenchwars.org/donationsoverview

Comment

Originally posted by Jason View Post
          kinda like this:
          I gave you that picture in confidence Jason...ass....

Help Promote TrenchWars - www.trenchwars.org/donations - www.trenchwars.org/donationsoverview

Comment

Paypal Screenie

http://imageshack.us/f/508/twdonationfundsnameblac.png/

I hope this squelches some doubts.

Comment

It does actually, carry on.
              Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Originally posted by vaped View Post
                This. Please.

I agree, the website isn't doing it for me on the "transparancy" side of things. I'm not as distrusting as some of the people on here, 24, but even I am starting to float over toward that camp because it has been so long since we have seen anything.

Marketing isn't that difficult -- and with how many business people we have on staff (from ZH on up) we should be able to sit down in a meeting and hash out some useful things. We did kind of do this before summer kicked in. There were good and bad ideas - but there were IDEAS.

This was a productive meeting -- and really we should continue having a melting pot of ideas in a live chat setting as opposed to forum warrgarbl. Why not have a weekly or bi-weekly meeting for staffers and the non-staff players to come together and try to find many good and cheap ways to get the word out.

Yes, I can picture some of these meetings turning into a bit of a mess -- however everyone in the chat would have the same goal : Save TW. Anyone who just wants to be there to troll or what not can be removed in some fashion if they don't truly want to contribute.
                I agree vaped. I love it when other people want to get involved and bring fresh ideas to the table. As I stated above, let's get together some good advertising ideas and make it happen. There's no possible way that we'll get 100% support from everyone, but we'll make the best decisions based on the information available.

I do find it funny that people are complaining we haven't spent it. At least it's available to spend.
                Think of if we had spent it and wasted it on something nonsensical or something that didn't work? The money is available and we have built up enough at this point to do something positive with it.

Let's hear some ideas and get the ball rolling.

Comment

I think most people are complaining because its taken what.. a year and a half or longer for someone in charge to actually have a serious conversation about what the plans were for the donated money. It seems like it could have been discussed months if not a year ago so that as soon as the website was done or whatever we would have an idea or a plan that the community agreed with ready to go. I think people are mainly just tired of seeing an advertising budget not being used on top of not having any communication from staff about why it isn't being used, on top of seeing the player base shrinking by the week even during a TWL season. The largest problem with all of this has been the lack of communication from you honestly.
                  Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Anyways my idea is to sponsor an up and coming flash game developer into putting an advertisement for continuum in his/her game that gets close to a million hits. The prizes they offer on kong and armor for having the game of the week/month are around 500-1500 (for a week/month of being the #1/2 game) and I think thats relatively cheap considering that between 100,000-500,000 people would probably be seeing our advertisement. All we would need is a 5 second flash based advertisement for the game which should get the main points across (free game, small download, no premium content, skill based, etc.). Depending on what game designer we went with we could probably spend around 500-700 dollars for this so it wouldn't take the entire advertising budget and we would be hitting a group of players who are interested in 1. free games 2. games that don't take forever to download 3. games you can play for 30 minutes here or there without any negative repercussions.
                    Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Originally posted by kthx View Post
                      Post some screenshots of the account with the money in it, Its been so fucking ridiculously hard to pry any information about all of this shit from you that linking me to a site saying we have 5000 X dollars doesn't really prove much of anything. This just isn't good enough honestly.
                      yikes, when did we get to the point of implying deceit ?

edit: also: careful planning followed by swift execution over throwing money into useless google adsense.
                      would hate to see us stupidly spend the 5k, THEN i'd like to see the threads that would be made . "WHeRE htE FuK DiD MY mOnEEY GO??????????????????????? I DONOT EVEN SEE NEW PPEOple....."
                      4:BigKing> xD
                      4:Best> i'm leaving chat
                      4:BigKing> what did i do???
                      4:Best> told you repeatedly you cannot use that emoji anymore
                      4:BigKing> ???? why though
                      4:Best> you're 6'4 and black...you can't use emojis like that

Comment

after a year and a halfish?
                        Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

meh, seems like we got there attention.

3 weeks to develop a plan, contacts in order/agency chosen.

another 3 weeks to negotiate a contract/fill in marketing agency with the info.

assume they start advertising the week after we sign the contract.

ofc the obligatory +/-days on those weeks listed. but a solid month and a half to two months should be enough.
                          4:Best> i'm leaving chat
                          4:BigKing> what did i do???
                          4:Best> told you repeatedly you cannot use that emoji anymore
                          4:BigKing> ???? why though
                          4:Best> you're 6'4 and black...you can't use emojis like that

Comment

There have been plenty of people in pub (Dean, Health Care, and such people) who keep accusing 24 and other of embezzlement. Granted - those people's opinion counts for shit because they are bad trolls - however the only good point I could take out of their trolling is that "we aren't completely sure where the money is".

24 has now shown a screenshot of the paypal and that satisfies me and my very minor doubts. Hopefully these trolls shut up too but that's too much to ask for surely.

I would love for these people to put aside any personal differences they may have with the man for this subject alone. We need players like 24, soupero, and Dean to all try to keep the game going. We also need retired, forum-going players such as Pressure Drop and Stabwound to bring their ideas to the table.

When would be a good time to get a bunch of people together for a zone-meeting? I can see how messy this could be in my mind already, but if a bunch of people get together and actually want to tackle this idea --- it will work out.
                            Fuck it.

Comment

am i the only person who thinks spiking the zone with hundreds of new players at once would ruin the game for all the vets? it takes years to get good at this game. for years we would be dealing with a bunch of horrible newbies who would troll the shit out of us and fill up all our arenas spamming gay shit just cause that was acceptable on the previous online games they've played. cres is like the only guy who started after 2008 who is now playing twl... 2008 was 3 years ago

let's be honest, this game discourages newbies more than probably any other game in existance. you suck at this game? cool man enjoy getting shit talked by every other pubber who vulches the shit out of you after you kill a levi. fuck pub, go to wbduel.. NO WAIT DONT CAUSE YOURE NOT GETTING PICKED OVER THE GREAT MYTHRIL. but don't worry newbie, you'll be able to get picked after a few YEARS OF TRAINING 20 HOURS A DAY. no wait actually just fuking uninstall subspace cause there's games like wow where you can reach max lvl in a week

man this game is fucked let's face it. 24 just just take the money and run bro
                              PattheBat> steadman your name is literally "a mean std"
                              ogron> CM,OPN NMKAN

Comment

yep the learning curve is huge...had to play hours a day to go + in dds alone...and even after those 3 years im barely even in twl loool, and all this cuz am da rookie of the year rememba dis...if you start this game now and want to play competitively forget about it
                                1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Working...
                                X