Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All I have to say is.

HEY 24

Last edited by kthx; 07-31-2011, 12:13 PM.
    Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

But seriously im pretty sure 24 is planning on stealing it or did steal it.
      Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Trancetunes, if you hire a freelancer I would like to see his portfolio and he needs to be reliable. I don't want him to run away with the money either...

And remember what our good friend Heisman used to say
        24> donate money to TW and I pocket half

Comment

y fieryfire and 24 stealin our donation money and takin our jebs
          1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Originally posted by trancE tunes View Post
            If this idea goes through (and for the record it's the best idea I have seen so far), then I think it's best to find a freelancer who knows what he/she is doing. I brought this up in my chat, and someone made a good point about how a marketing agency (or possibly a team) will drain the money in no time. So, yea, just saying. Freelancer that is pro at marketing would be the best option for this (I think).
            last person i want to see in a discussion about tw donation money is a guy who went to prison for stealing money irl
            1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

rofl cres.

That was just 40 dollars also, hes gonna murder someone for 5k.
              Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

I would like to know who exactly has access to the money. But the real question is, who can change any of this? and who WILL change any of this?

sort of what panda said earlier, this necessitates the formation of TWPA (TW Players Association). Pretty shitty time to form something like this, but times like these require it. The game is dying and we've been clamoring and bitching for months now to no avail. I say we don't turn this into a bitchy thread and simply wait for someone with the power to change this to post.
                4:BigKing> xD
                4:Best> i'm leaving chat
                4:BigKing> what did i do???
                4:Best> told you repeatedly you cannot use that emoji anymore
                4:BigKing> ???? why though
                4:Best> you're 6'4 and black...you can't use emojis like that
                4:BigKing> xD

Comment

Allow money to be spent on advertising plz. Population is getting to the point that I can't get enough for basing or zombies events, which eliminates more than half of the event options for me. Hard to host when no one comes, can only do pictionary and boggle so many times -.-

Comment

Well said stab, I just find it funny when you say right after "I, unfortunately, don't have the time or inclination to handle something like this anymore.". Anyway..

About the money, I won't talk for 24 but $5k is indeed a lot. There are some plan on how to use it. Remember that people who donated could choose where their money would be spent (see here).

Staff could be more transparent I agree but I ensure you that we are working on stuff and a public announcement will be made soon if not on this thread. Of course, if you know a good "professional marketing team", don't hesitate to give us their contact. You don't need to be on staff to help the community.

I will close my post with this quote from Ashleigh Brilliant : "Good ideas are common - what's uncommon are people who'll work hard enough to bring them about".
                    TW Bot Developer
                    TW Web Developer
                    Friends> All I saw was arobas+
                    Friends> It's like death

Comment

Public Service Announcement

Hello ladies and gentlemen. I figured since everyone seems so concerned about what's happening, I'd give a friendly update on the status of things.

1) Your donations were NOT SPENT on anything related to zenabee...or any weird shit like that.

2) If you go to http://www.trenchwars.org/donationdetails - you can see exactly what the money has been spent on.

3) The reason the money hasn't been spent so far, is because we are in the process of developing a new website for TW.
                      - The idea was that we would create a new (newbie friendly) website on the front, and have neat new features for players in the subsections of it. We would then launch an advertising campaign towards this new website to bring in new players. (In a nutshell).
                      -This has taken WAY longer than any of us expected. There have been stumbling blocks from day 1; from not being able to find a competent designer to being short on programmers. - Read my past forums asking the TW Community for any help they could provide. (Update on this - we finally have a good designer ready to go, and programmers are good as well).

4) As this venture has taken so much more time than expected, I agree with the general consensus that we definitely need to start spending some of the funds for advertising. (No, $5,000 will not hire a competent marketing team...but it will drain all the money away real fast and then we wouldn't have anything to work with) I appreciate the idea though.

5) Also, if you don't realize how the donation system works. When someone donates, they get to choose where those funds go. That being said, we don't have $5000 to use for advertising. (See the site above for exact amounts).

6) LF, I'm pretty sure MOST of your donations are for "charity", not advertising. That being said, if you would like to actually switch those funds over to advertising, webdev can have that arranged for you.

7) If you have a legitimate advertising plan, please feel free to contact me in-game where we can go over it; eventually having it approved by the man in charge - Pure_Luck.

Thank you all for your time,

Last edited by Twenty Four; 08-01-2011, 10:13 AM. Reason: fixed typo
                      Help Promote TrenchWars - www.trenchwars.org/donations - www.trenchwars.org/donationsoverview

Comment

24 JUST NIPPED THIS THREAT IN THE BUD WHAT IS TW FORUMS GOING TO RALLY AGAINST NEXT I SUGGEST MEXICANS

Comment

Originally posted by Arobas+ View Post
                          Well said stab, I just find it funny when you say right after "I, unfortunately, don't have the time or inclination to handle something like this anymore.". Anyway..
                          I rarely even log into the game anymore, and haven't for almost a year. In all honesty, I will probably never play Subspace again. This post came about because I frequent an IRC chat with (mostly ex) TW players, and the issue of staff having $5000 and not using it at all came up, and I thought I should post something about it to at least get a discussion going. I might not play anymore, but in some weird way it would suck to see the game die.

Regarding the marketing team thing, I am extremely skeptical that anyone on TW staff would be able to effectively manage an advertising campaign for this game. I know for a fact that some amount of money was completely wasted on an Adwords campaign at some point, and it would be a travesty to waste all of that money on something like that.

By the way, if we're talking about websites and SEO companies, for the love of god get the trenchwars.net domain 301 redirected to the trenchwars.org domain. Having 2 domains pointing to the same site is a major screw-up and should be fixed ASAP.
                          sdg

Comment

legitimate advertising plan:

NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

get dat guy from mad men in dis bitch
                              1:Cape> is infrared the thing that microwave does?
                              Cape> i thought it was like u inferred
                              1:Cape> yo when u look up at the night sky and see billions of night stars
                              1:Cape> im like fuk it let this shit end

Tsunami> LOl
                              beam> stfu tsunami
                              Tsunami> yo this girl is dead up snoring
                              beam> ur blacker than tarcoal
                              Tsunami> should end her life while she sleeps

Comment

get whoever did the marketing for minecraft.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X