How to wake up ?Go Base from the dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to wake up ?Go Base from the dead

Once again, another long post. I hope you bear with me.

As we all know, ?go base is kind of a joke these days. Gone are the days where there was constantly 25+ players waiting around for a game to start. Now its a struggle to even get 6v6 going.

When I think about how base was when I started basing, a lot of the established players were playing there routinely and it was difficult to get into a game without hookups or just spamming "me please!!". It was almost like a secret club in which everyone wanted to be a part of. Nowadays, anyone who is anyone can get in. Which is a good thing to a certain extent. But then you think about how newer players were introduced to the basing scene through ?go base.

For the most part, you would have 6-7 established players and 1-2 new guys who were joining in the teams. It kept both teams competitive while these guys got to learn how to base, and the new player could play poorly and their team could still win the game. In these situations is when the new players learn and have a couple of solid base games, which then translated to basing squads sending out a squad invite to them. It was an ongoing cycle that kept the basing scene active.

So how do I propose we get back to this? We begin by scheduling a time where our better/best basers come together and just play ?go base games. Perhaps at a time when TW is most active. We collaborate and play base games together daily at a fixed time for a while and just play competitive games in the arena, and heavily advertise it. At the beginning, this would work as a way to make base more lively, we'd have our established players playing competitive base games again and have a bunch of players waiting to get in the next game.

It might take some coordination, but the point is to get the best of our players to play these competitive games in which newer players know they can get chosen to get into these games. We do not have to insist on playing newer players, because if we can establish base as an active arena we can attract old and newer players to come play.

I for one know that when I see ?go base advertised, I don't feel compelled to go there because I know these games will be played to the point that if one person lags out or disappears, the base game is virtually dead.

We need to start small. For example, for the first couple of weeks schedule competitive base games (where our best basers come to play) at 4pm EST to 5:30pm EST (or 6), and end abruptly at that time after the last base game. It makes base become something more limited instead of something people take for granted. As they become more popular we increase the time intervals to keep base alive longer and create more buzz.

The only way this is possible is if we can get our established basers to come on and "put on a show". It will not work if we can't create that old aura of playing the best there is available. If we can attain the old lustre back, we can make base something that is active every day again.

I know the other side is that population is diminished and it won't be possible, but I believe it's worth a try. My idea of starting up a training squad was because I thought it was the best idea to start at the pure bottom of the barrel. But quite frankly, the lowest level that needs to improve to boost up our basing divsion and the relative activity is to start at ?go base.
    Last edited by Royst; 08-06-2011, 07:36 PM.

Hmm.

Comment

talk to a moderator to get this started. telling your fellow players isn't gonna do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Royst View Post
        Once again, another long post. I hope you bare with me....
        Certainly is worth a try, but Ill be damned if I am going to bare with you, I'll be keeping my clothes on.
        eph

Comment

Originally posted by Ephemeral View Post
          Certainly is worth a try, but Ill be damned if I am going to bare with you, I'll be keeping my clothes on.
          eph
          =( my dreams are dashed.

Comment

I think he's basically trying to say to limit basing play to a certain time schedule in order to create a more prestigious atmosphere around the ?go base arena. If it's scheduled at a certain time, players who want to play know when to show up and know when to bring their 'A' game because other 'good' players will (or should) make an appearance as well since they cannot play at any other times. It's a bold move as I see people not bothering to show up to these scheduled basing intervals as they have better things to do than to wait or intervene at the proper moment. I just can't see people (people as in adults with families and jobs/class schedules to pertain to and not kids with nothing better to do) making the effort.

Comment

If you want to talk about kids with nothing else better to do, then the plan is sensible. Get more kids to play this game and not other highly addictive games such as Call Of Duty and Minecraft- just to name a couple- and you'll have yourself a thriving basing community. But that's easier said than done. Trust me on this one.

Comment

*zone calling all pubbers: you have specially reserved spots! We're waiting for YOU! ?go base

Comment

better yet, ?go #mythrandir

sup bitches

Comment

Good idea
                    JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
                    the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

how bout certain basers who want real competitive basing pm an <ER> to host in #mythrandir.... only those who are invited get to play... shit- start a free basing chat (lol free basing) and when you get enough free basers (lol again), get the game going!

Comment

This is a good idea. Sure people have lives and kids and such but if they know there will be two scheduled guaranteed base games they can make time for it. Let's say TW is most active between the times of 3pm est- 5pm est, the mods can host a scheduled game and it would help get base going. From what I've seen most vet players don't like playing in base and only a few do. It might ber because the overall skill level has gone down in these games and I guess they can't be bothered to play seriously. With these scheduled games the best would show up though

It doesn't hurt to try and We all know once base gets started, it goes on for like 3-5 games after people are playing. It ends once people usually start bding or just lose interest. An incentive would be to offer pub cash for the winners. I know this has been suggested before but I don't know why it hasn't been implemented yet. It would sure give the people who love pub cash a reason to come play base.

Also another thing could be we could list the 8 winners of every scheduled base game each week on a banner in TWBD or pub map or in base arena. This has been used in eg for a long time and it motivates some people to play hard to get on the leaderboards

Comment

Originally posted by Omega Red View Post
                          This is a good idea. Sure people have lives and kids and such but if they know there will be two scheduled guaranteed base games they can make time for it. Let's say TW is most active between the times of 3pm est- 5pm est, the mods can host a scheduled game and it would help get base going. From what I've seen most vet players don't like playing in base and only a few do. It might ber because the overall skill level has gone down in these games and I guess they can't be bothered to play seriously. With these scheduled games the best would show up though

It doesn't hurt to try and We all know once base gets started, it goes on for like 3-5 games after people are playing. It ends once people usually start bding or just lose interest. An incentive would be to offer pub cash for the winners. I know this has been suggested before but I don't know why it hasn't been implemented yet. It would sure give the people who love pub cash a reason to come play base.

Also another thing could be we could list the 8 winners of every scheduled base game each week on a banner in TWBD or pub map or in base arena. This has been used in eg for a long time and it motivates some people to play hard to get on the leaderboards
                          word. showing the list of winners of the basing match in pub is a good idea.

Comment

i don't need to read the whole post, i already know it won't work. peak pop is around 210 if ur lucky (i check regularly to see if it hits 250 so i could enter)

unless we use the 5000$ of donations to get 1000 new newbies, stop trying to revive arenas. you still got that one kid thats trying hard as fuck to revive distension, whats his name? #itdoesntmatter
                            (Steadman)>they went out drinking... ogron siaxis and siaxis gf
                            (Steadman)>apparently ogron is EXTREMELY morbidly obese and ridiculously sweaty
                            (Steadman)>and he spend the entire night being awkward and staring at siaxis gf
                            (Steadman)>and after that they did not meet up again...

Iron Survivor> you missed something in your sig. he also smells like cheese

Comment

royst 4 sysop
                              1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Working...
                              X