No announcement yet.

Points, money, pubbux, to die, to sleep, no more

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I say remove the option to !buy portal for all ships and the LT problem is solved. FOREVER!
    That way, only the pro terrs can get a levi 20+ kills, which is how it was done in the old days.
    "Action is the real measure of intelligence. "
    Napoleon Hill

wiibimbo>I'm gonna take u out next week for a beer and pizza at Leonardo's...no homo tho! I prefer big boobs
    Dral>I can get implants

Comment

Find a better solution. I doubt I ever bought anything but decoy as terr and get levs to 100+ streaks while I'm a pretty bad terr actually.

Comment

please don't mess with the bot or pubbux. If you do, I might not be able to give myself pubbux anymore...
        sigpic

Comment

Re: database, it no longer inserts those queries. (It shouldn't need to query with every !buy because we just store the cash internally and then update when the player leaves.) So that should pick up performance overall a little bit. Go us and all that good stuff.

Definitely need to work on the pricing/delay/availability of the items though. I'm not sure how much they were tweaked when put in.

Also, L O V E <ZH> told me to post here about adding a voting feature that is recorded to the DB over a week's time that also makes sure it's 1 vote per person. I'm sure there will be people trying to defraud such a system so I'll have to do it well. But, uh, I think what LOVE wanted posted was that I can do it. I'm hoping that somehow relates to the conversation at hand, because honestly I've only read some of the posts. Apologies if it does not, and blame LOVE (for breakin' your heart).
          "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
          -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

Okay, so while at work today I worked on thinking about this idea, so here goes:

Restore the old ?buy system, with the points as they are.
            However, keep another spacebux system in place, but use it for other things (dueling and maybe a very limited !buy ability).
            But with this spacebux system, extend it to other arenas. Win a wbduel/javduel/base game (maybe make a limit of being in the game of base for 5+ minutes, or 5 kills/deaths in wb/jav/spid duel to prevent subbing to farm cash for friends) and get some spacebux. Win elim and get an amount based on number of players. Maybe have small bonuses for things like getting a kill streak in those arenas, and another for MVP. Obviously the current Basing King and Most Veteran pub things would stay and give spacebux rewards. This would let the points reset as normal without disrupting the other spacebux system or the avg/flag points stuff by using the sysop command to adjust points.

Now... on what to USE this space currency on, obviously dueling in pub... But also allow betting on twd matches and duels in ?go duel/duel2.
            Perhaps a limited !buy listing in pub, with things like Epidemic, and perhaps bring back some of the old !buy things or create new ones. Perhaps after each round in pub you can spend like $20 to !shufflevote (direguarding difference in team size). As for other things to spend it on, I havent had wonderful ideas on it, but I'd love to hear ideas and suggestions on it.

As for current pubbux, set a deadline for players to spend it on, and maybe bring back other big $$$ things to give more options for those with a bazillion (pee pee sock/angry chair/etc,) then give it a full reset for the new system.

Yes, it's a lot of work, but changing from one system to another like this without a problem is nearly impossible. If we are going to make the change, making the big change that people have BEEN WANTING and asking for should be a big option to consider, so if we do it, might as well make the change worth it and toss in a ton of new and fun options for everyone. If we are going to change this system, NOW is the time to implement some of these things that people have been suggesting and asking for.
            Former TW Staff

Comment

Originally posted by Shaddowknight View Post
              But also allow betting on twd matches and duels in ?go duel/duel2.
              believe it or not, it was the original intent for this to be a ZONE WIDE currency
              this was what it was designed for, it just never got done because people are lazy or something
              The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
              SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

Working...
              X