No announcement yet.

Changes in pub #2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't like the big X, at least with stealth, it was still a viable ship to play in mid. Now, this ship is useless for basing. What was wrong with the small x? That ship was fun. Being able to sneak into base and either take out the terr or lev inside, or even cap the flag. It definitely helped the team. Now this ship is useless.

And you guys know I exclusively played the weasel, but stopped. Now I'm playing the levi because it still allows for a good challenge and trolling the base with the bombs.

Comment

Now that the weasels arent stealing flag all over, should the flag touch be more immediate; wasnt the time (seconds) increased some time ago to fix weasel issue?

Comment

Also adjusted so that the flag game would not die when multiple people were touching flag/dying on flag at the same time.
        "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
        -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

After playing these settings for a couple weeks now, I think its fair enough to weigh in. The levi seems to be working out...they're getting used in base and not so much against base. The weasel is just completely useless. That spock kid is the only one I ever see using it, and in base its even more rare to ever see one. The one pixel weasel was much more usable. Here are some changes I feel would be of some use and a brief explanation as to why.

Turn !warp off by default. Try putting yourself in the shoes of a newcomer. You're flying around looking for ships to kill, maybe you get a couple kills, maybe youre about to kill someone thats been beating up on you for a while. Then youre transferred with 0 warning into the ear of base and a volley of shrap, bombs, and bullets quickly makes its way over to you. Don't force people to play a certain way on an open-ended game. I can't imagine I would have liked that when I first played.

Revert to small weasel. This was never the problem with the basing game. This new weasel negates the value x-radar and is just utterly useless except for rocket kills

Raise prices on everything by a factor of at least 10. The whole bot store idea was dumb to begin with since we had ?buy, but if we're going to have it let's not give everyone unlimited reps/bursts/ports/shrap/rockets/anti.

Change kill-o-thon to be back in spawn. No one even plays kill-o-thon now. At the end of the 10 minutes someone at random who happened to get kills in base ends up a couple grand richer.

Remove !buy fc from fighter ships, or preferably all ships. Never should have been allowed. Although perhaps its intended for weasels to buy them in the middle of boosting full speed across a whole screen and shoot a max speed bullet. Or for LT hunters to get right next to a terr and instantly shoot.

Remove the 'ez' fine. It's just garbage and makes the zone look like shit, and doesnt address other trash talk.
          I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
          I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

You should listen to various audio while in Trenchwars. Do not just play TW, that is a waste of time. Load informative information to listen to as you play.

Comment

I really don't see why people dislike the new x so much. Its big, but it has better bullet speed and energy. I've been playing in base with it and I still find it extremely useful, especially since nobody watches x-radar anymore.....they never expect a Weasel....

I think people just need to learn to adapt playing it. It is still useful, just for different things.....gosh.
              "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery."
              - Thomas Jefferson

sigpic

Comment

Talk crap alot, you're a selfish player and you posted this just for your own benefits
                Originally posted by Izor View Post
                Turn !warp off by default. Try putting yourself in the shoes of a newcomer. You're flying around looking for ships to kill, maybe you get a couple kills, maybe youre about to kill someone thats been beating up on you for a while. Then youre transferred with 0 warning into the ear of base and a volley of shrap, bombs, and bullets quickly makes its way over to you. Don't force people to play a certain way on an open-ended game. I can't imagine I would have liked that when I first played.
                I don't see any problem here, new players explore alot
                and this way they could start right away with basing instead of getting killed 100 times before they get in base
                if they don't like it they can even turn !warp off, this is mentioned by the bot
                btw since when do you care for newcomers, aren't you the one with the trolling and trashing on newcomers with your troll macro's

Revert to small weasel. This was never the problem with the basing game. This new weasel negates the value x-radar and is just utterly useless except for rocket kills
                The small weasel was always a problem with basing games,
                did everyone forget how easy it was for the small weasel to get the flag last 10 seconds time after time
                the previous weasel was a ship so easily to play and get some fast kills due to laming
                now you just need a little more time and effort to get skilled with this ship
                like every ship needs time to be decent/good in it

Raise prices on everything by a factor of at least 10. The whole bot store idea was dumb to begin with since we had ?buy, but if we're going to have it let's not give everyone unlimited reps/bursts/ports/shrap/rockets/anti.
                There's already a time limit to buy stuff
                raise prices by a factor of at least 10? are u fukn stupid
                you just don't want it because people fullcharge or antiwarp you in base and kill your lamingstreak

Change kill-o-thon to be back in spawn. No one even plays kill-o-thon now. At the end of the 10 minutes someone at random who happened to get kills in base ends up a couple grand richer.
                If you want lame-o-thon/ spawn-o-thon back do it,
                the kill-o-thon in base is rewarding towards basers

Remove !buy fc from fighter ships, or preferably all ships. Never should have been allowed. Although perhaps its intended for weasels to buy them in the middle of boosting full speed across a whole screen and shoot a max speed bullet. Or for LT hunters to get right next to a terr and instantly shoot.
                Another selfish thought, removing !buy fc would just help you to lame more pubbers and get a higher streak for your own pleasure
                this !buy fc should stay in pub especially in pub, so they don't get raped time after time due to the skill other players have developed after all these years
                Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.

Comment

Amen waz, amen.
                  - Thomas Jefferson

sigpic

Comment

Nice counterarguments. If you started this game anytime before the bot store was around, you'd know ?buy was already in place. I still got antiwarped. It just cost people to do so. Now you get so many rewards that nothing costs anything.

Code:
                    TW-PubSyst> Classic Prime has $1408249.
                    TW-PubSyst> DaRoachMan has $70376.
                    TW-PubSyst> icyyicee has $146922.
                    TW-PubSyst> Jess <ZH> has $60566.
                    TW-PubSyst> Lucidess has $123255.
                    TW-PubSyst> TheNanny has $65745.
                    TW-PubSyst> A Shooting Star has $65707.
                    TW-PubSyst> Artois has $9200.
                    TW-PubSyst> Ephemeral has $163375.
                    TW-PubSyst> fantamax has $348731.
                    TW-PubSyst> Stuhrov has $5588.
                    TW-PubSyst> spock! has $57571.
                    TW-PubSyst> pee pee sock has $881713.
                    TW-PubSyst> Dutch Baser has $4228295.
                    This is everyones pub cash stash right now currently playing pub. Considering the highest non-epidemic/super price is 300$ its really obvious that the system has been broken for a really long time. It needs a complete reset and fairer prices (or fairer rewards for kills). If you'll remember, pub scores used to reset on a regular basis and that would reset the ?buy system.

I dont see how removing !buy fc is selfish. Newer players have no idea how to do this and dont have the near-unlimited funds as the players listed above. In fact, if you actually observed base you would notice that the guys who have been playing a while are the ones (ab)using the !buy system and using it to gain a really unfair advantage over new players.

I also really dont care about the weasel, but its the only ship of the two getting negative feedback that isnt a general resistance to change. This spock kid is the only person who plays it now, because he can buy unlimited reps/rockets. Take this functionality away and the ship is totally useless. On the other hand, if you adjust the store not to allow people to buy so much, you'll notice that the 1 pixel weasel becomes less of a problem. They wont have 2 rockets and 2 reps coming in through that small entrance.

Comment

This spock kid is the only person who plays it now, because he can buy unlimited reps/rockets. Take this functionality away and the ship is totally useless. On the other hand, if you adjust the store not to allow people to buy so much, you'll notice that the 1 pixel weasel becomes less of a problem. They wont have 2 rockets and 2 reps coming in through that small entrance.
                      Lol....Izor is just mad because this is like the 5th time I broke his streak in the weasel. There is this magical device called the Radar. Use it.
                      - Thomas Jefferson

sigpic

Comment

?? 1 pixel was even harder for wbs...it had all the same features and was smaller

Comment

1 pixel was even harder for wbs...it had all the same features and was smaller

If the small weasel was so hard to shoot then why the frack do you want it back?

Illogical.....

- Thomas Jefferson

sigpic

Comment

I'm trying to think of the benefit of the game overall. For instance I like being able to spam !buy repel and be invincible while I run to safe from these little pub wb's, but does it make any sense for the game to have that? 10/10 kids that come at me in this new weasel not spamming !buy rocket and !buy repel die half a screen away with no chance of ever killing me. It's just not newbie friendly at all. I would make the point that the only reason people dont want to change the store is because theyre too lazy to play the game the way it was intended. Anyone who would change it already has a lot of pubbux and it would be harder for them to do really well in a fair game.

Comment

I thought one of the main problems was that people where complaining about all the "newb" x's around pub. Now people will actually have to use a bit of skill to fly the ship now. Its no longer so easy to grab the flag as the small one, but it is still one of the roles this ship excels at. Its also good for killing the terr or an annoying lev in base.

To sum it up, the ship is still very useful in base, people just need to get used to flying it and playing it to it's strengths.

The X isn't a noob friendly ship, and in its current state it will take players time to get used to using it's abilities to their advantage.

I find !buy rocket to be a integral part of the ship, since often you need to close the distance on a WB or lanc trying to snipe you. The rocket is pretty cheap to buy ($100 I think) so once noobs do get used to !buy system it really wouldn't be that hard to get $$ to buy plenty of rockets.

I find it laughable that you complain about people not playing the game its supposed to. You are the king of sniping in spawn and warping or running at the least sign of an attacking enemy. Amen.
                              - Thomas Jefferson

sigpic

Comment

"I find !buy rocket to be an integral part of the ship"

Have I proven my point yet about the store? Why even have the store when people can buy things in unlimited quantities. Might as well start spid with anti, jav and shark with 15/5 shrap, and start having the bot prize people every 30 seconds.

Comment

Working...
                                X