Cheats or lag in TWD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Xog View Post
    haha, yeah i remember when I sent a PM to every active forum member with links and info on how to use the cheats

wonder why i got unbanned

also curious as to who the fuck reported me 5 years ago for that

im sure and admin had fun deleting all my PM's

/afk for another 3 years

hah. I didn't report back then. I tried to spark an argument back then and the idiots like Jones the wannabe mod stooge and the staff/mods in power back then knew of the cheating, used it, condoned it in the top squads, and tried to paint anyone complaining as the crazy old uncle who spouts absurdities.

Comment

After evading ban like 10x times already, shit hasn't changed much boobies. You still got laggots eating shots point blank, lagging with 100ms ploss plus extra s2c. Funny thing is most of these players that lag purposely are in squads where staff are team mates yet they don't do anything. I've still witness abuse rampant in this community so Left_eye(Vincent) you can go suck a dick for trying to threaten me with LEGAL action when you can't even manage staff correctly no one cause they are spoiled by the powers that be.

Game is dead already when you got a team like Fierce not even twdding anymore. I'll be back again cause these idiots can't seem to keep me banned. It's mad fun trolling players like best or 24 and shitting on them under alias so they go snitching to staff cause they are butthurt cause they still suck.

Cya later boobies.
      https://twd.trenchwars.org/showgame/90112596

Retired after i dropped 24 kills and carry the team

wbduel Map Maker Legend

Comment

I don't think CE, at least the ppl that used them in TWL before (delectable, vys, Mythril) works like it used to, but for people like Jones to say there have never been cheats in SS, that's just ignorance. Obviously Jones wasn't there playing against people like vys and delectable back in 2004/05ish and watching first hand as these players cheated in TWLD. I don't know about Dice, but with faggots like megaman running the show, I don't doubt it one bit.

Anyways, there ARE cheats for subspace. For people to actually take the time to set them up correctly though, that's pretty pathetic considering the talent level nowadays. That being said, I get more eats on people these days than I ever did during any other time playing subspace in the last 14 years. I get about 10 eats every DD at least, although I just play through it. You have to expect that people will eat, and for the legitimate people that are just laggots, they also get eats on other players, because an eat is really just a dodged shot that doesn't show up on your side of the client.

Anyways, with all that being said, there always were and still are cheats for subspace. CE was just the most well known example. Also, if I remember correctly, there were hotkeys to turn things like CE on or off at a whim without alt tabbing the subspace client, therefore it IS possible to cheat and also do it subtly enough to not get caught. I'll never understand why people are so bad at this game that they feel the need to do it, but it is possible. To deny that is just ignorant, because it was proven DURING TWL games in the past. There is a reason VYS got lifebanned (he was banned for like 6 months in actuality). I remember even joining vys' squad Lifeban and playing in TWL under that squad name in the past. It was a great inside joke.
        RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
        RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Exalt,
          I agree that some people cheat, I agree that cheating in an online 2d space game so you can feel superior is sad. I would also add that inducing is done by some players.

But I am not so sure that all the eats you are seeing compared to 10 years ago is due to cheating; some percentage of it is probably due the popularity of wireless.
          eph

Comment

One of the lag issues nowadays: Wondows 98 platform was fairly stable (at least SE was), and had nearly zero background internet proccesses unless you specifically installed them. Windows nowadays has like 80000 things set to constantly wanting to update plus pandora/spotify and everything else constantly updating and reporting.
            Former TW Staff

Comment

Originally posted by Shaddowknight View Post
              One of the lag issues nowadays: Wondows 98 platform was fairly stable (at least SE was), and had nearly zero background internet proccesses unless you specifically installed them. Windows nowadays has like 80000 things set to constantly wanting to update plus pandora/spotify and everything else constantly updating and reporting.
              True, but you'd think having 30ms average .1 .1 would mean you get LESS eats than you do now. I understand the lag spikes and shit, especially do to auto-updates (which I always have off, I only update b4 going to bed or something), but still... with computers nowadays having minimum of 4gb ram and quad-core processors with huge amounts of system memory, a game from 1996 should run as smoothly and lag free as anything out there. I just can't wrap my head around the fact that people eat MORE now than they ever did in the past with 14k modems and that AOL program minimized in the background. People don't really jump all over the screen like the used to or shoot invisible bullets that appear 10 feet in front of their ship like back in the day, I mean they DO seem to be generally lag free in those regards, but they eat every bullet dead on and a lot of them are undodgable bullet that couldn't be anything but a dud on their side of the client too. It just doesn't make much sense.
              RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
              RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Yeah, im sure some may be inducing. Lag Inducing on low levels is one of the hardest things to prove. Lowering lag limits shuts out half of europe from even playing, and it can sometimes be hard to prove its not their isp's fault (somewhat possible though) or the result of having 2 computers three cell phones and an xbox1 all connected to a wireless router.
                Former TW Staff

Comment

So those people should unplug their shit if they want to play.

Comment

Originally posted by Exalt View Post
                    I don't think CE, at least the ppl that used them in TWL before (delectable, vys, Mythril) works like it used to, but for people like Jones to say there have never been cheats in SS, that's just ignorance. Obviously Jones wasn't there playing against people like vys and delectable back in 2004/05ish and watching first hand as these players cheated in TWLD. I don't know about Dice, but with faggots like megaman running the show, I don't doubt it one bit.

Anyways, there ARE cheats for subspace. For people to actually take the time to set them up correctly though, that's pretty pathetic considering the talent level nowadays. That being said, I get more eats on people these days than I ever did during any other time playing subspace in the last 14 years. I get about 10 eats every DD at least, although I just play through it. You have to expect that people will eat, and for the legitimate people that are just laggots, they also get eats on other players, because an eat is really just a dodged shot that doesn't show up on your side of the client.

Anyways, with all that being said, there always were and still are cheats for subspace. CE was just the most well known example. Also, if I remember correctly, there were hotkeys to turn things like CE on or off at a whim without alt tabbing the subspace client, therefore it IS possible to cheat and also do it subtly enough to not get caught. I'll never understand why people are so bad at this game that they feel the need to do it, but it is possible. To deny that is just ignorant, because it was proven DURING TWL games in the past. There is a reason VYS got lifebanned (he was banned for like 6 months in actuality). I remember even joining vys' squad Lifeban and playing in TWL under that squad name in the past. It was a great inside joke.
                    Their are plenty of cheats for subspace if you know where to look, the current ones are hard to detect but include:

- A form of aimbot (line across screen from ship showing trajectory of bullet for wb)
                    - Pixel edit (kinda a hash of an old cheat, easily noticeable by player at speed going through rocks)
                    - The old fashioned cable pull
                    - Ship edit (add super, prize speed, rotation etc..)

When you see players hit and no death, ocassionally it can be the pixel edit, but a lot of the times it is just a form of spiking. All the above are detectable, with varying ease. Those are just 4 I know where are available online, however, I am sure there are plenty more (obviously cable pull is not online but requires user interaction)

Comment

i forgot about this thread.

i never said cheats do not exist. i said most of the time people complain about it is because the other person is simply better. lag is also always a huge deal that newbies just have to get used to.. pressing shift fucks up the prediction code which usually results in eats. that's one issue that will always remain here. get over it
                      TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

I don't understand how people can have real lag that isn't manipulated and still get an advantage. When I was in South America, the lag that I got made the game unplayable. I don't care how good you are, lagging that hard can't make you better. Only way to get an honest, consistent advantage with lag is to manipulate it intentionally.
                        sigpic

1:Shaun> if my girlfriend had a dick
                        1:Shaun> mmmm

Comment

? y u forget brokenfist...guy would drop 15s and 17s in twl while using his toaster as a modem
                          1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Good ol' multipurpose toaster. Think they use it to take photos of bigfoot too.
                            Former TW Staff

Comment

Originally posted by Crescent Seal View Post
                              ? y u forget brokenfist...guy would drop 15s and 17s in twl while using his toaster as a modem
                              lol quite. Before him I believe it was Roi and Shivan? double team lag. Nightmare to fight in elims

Comment

why is no one mentioning geio?

guy was an east coaster with a consistent 180-190ms up until maybe last year.

I think we need to start looking into the american/canadian players with 120ms+.
                                4:BigKing> xD
                                4:Best> i'm leaving chat
                                4:BigKing> what did i do???
                                4:Best> told you repeatedly you cannot use that emoji anymore
                                4:BigKing> ???? why though
                                4:Best> you're 6'4 and black...you can't use emojis like that
                                4:BigKing> xD

Comment

Working...
                                X