No announcement yet.

TW Council - UPDATED w/ structure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmm..... There always seems to be a problem with staff, either not doing anything or overstepping their bounds or doing things for personal gain.

An example: the other day Fis contacted be about my above forum post, saying they didn't want me on staff because of my I dislike LT's. It wasn't worded like that, instead worded it more pleasant by saying I might be biased and not able to see things from all sides. But it all came down to them knowing, as staff, I would push for changes to limit the power of LT's, and they just didn't want me crashing their little staffer LT parties on private freqs.

As, council, we should be able to vote certain staff out/into positions, at least for the democracy thing to actually be effective.

But we all know that won't happen.
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery."
    - Thomas Jefferson

sigpic

Comment

• I will apply if ph and kthx apply.
      1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spock! View Post
        Hmm..... There always seems to be a problem with staff, either not doing anything or overstepping their bounds or doing things for personal gain.

An example: the other day Fis contacted be about my above forum post, saying they didn't want me on staff because of my I dislike LT's. It wasn't worded like that, instead worded it more pleasant by saying I might be biased and not able to see things from all sides. But it all came down to them knowing, as staff, I would push for changes to limit the power of LT's, and they just didn't want me crashing their little staffer LT parties on private freqs.

As, council, we should be able to vote certain staff out/into positions, at least for the democracy thing to actually be effective.

But we all know that won't happen.
        Holy hell, where's that coming from? You didn't understand a single thing of what I said. Yes, I did contact you, and I didn't try to manipulate you or anything. I was simply just trying to *help* you understand what others were criticising about you - your bias towards certain things and that you're not able to see any compromises. We never talked why you're not on staff, I just refered to the forum post where you mentioned that yourself.

As I see you've clearly understood what I intended. I give up. Sorry for trying to actually help here trying to get a pubber into the council. Never mind, you're blinkered and you only want to see and hear what you want and hence imo not a suitable candidate (anymore). Thanks actually for enlightening me.

Comment

• lol

Comment

• This entire "nut up or shutup" shit is dumb, as is demonic trying to bait me into joining council just to prove him wrong, as is fis freaking the fuck out and saying that someone is no longer suitable for council while sounding like a condescending cuntstop while doing it. If you truly value the zone and want someone who isn't a dipshit on this just tell me why you made retarded rules and abused them after saying they would never be used to ban me. Also apologize, step down from your role on the council, and don't say shit like "well i can veto an idea but I probably won't ever do it herp da derp" when obviously that exact same fucking thing was a problem in the past and has happened.
            Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

• The same shitdick reasoning you used to keep 00000 on staff, banned people and deleted posts when they found out who it was, and all the other fucking stupid shit you did is the same reason why you shouldn't be a part of this and why true veteran leadership is gone or doesn't give a shit anymore.
              Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

• also im proud to have used cuntstop and shitdick in consecutive posts. thats real leadership.
                Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

• No. I'm just clarifying something that Spock brought up about me which is simply false. I haven't been actively involved into any of the convos here. Just reading.

That this makes him unsuitable for the council is MY opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by fiS View Post
                    Holy hell, where's that coming from? You didn't understand a single thing of what I said. Yes, I did contact you, and I didn't try to manipulate you or anything. I was simply just trying to *help* you understand what others were criticizing about you - your bias towards certain things and that you're not able to see any compromises. We never talked why you're not on staff, I just refered to the forum post where you mentioned that yourself
                    Originally posted by fiS View Post

As I see you've clearly understood what I intended. I give up. Sorry for trying to actually help here trying to get a pubber into the council. Never mind, you're blinkered and you only want to see and hear what you want and hence imo not a suitable candidate (anymore). Thanks actually for enlightening me.
                    So, from my understanding, to “help me” you are saying I should change my view on issues (like LT’s) so that more people would like me, thus getting me into council. That, IMO, is the very definition of a kiss-ass/brown-nose. I already stated I didn’t want LT’s gone from the game, as much as I would like that. I know that wouldn’t be good for the zone.

I don’t want to get elected by getting people to like me, that defeats the purpose of the Council, I want to get elected based on people believing in the same issues as I, and want something done about it.

And from my memory, you made a direct correlation between me not getting on staff and me, in your words, probably not getting elected on Council.

Anyway, right now, there seems to be only 7 applicants for council, so I might even get elected by default, no ass-kissing required.
                    Last edited by Spock!; 02-05-2014, 05:19 PM. Reason: DAMN TYPO
                    - Thomas Jefferson

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by fiS View Post
                      No. I'm just clarifying something that Spock brought up about me which is simply false. I haven't been actively involved into any of the convos here. Just reading.

That this makes him unsuitable for the council is MY opinion.
                      Unsuitable because I said something staff doesn't like.

Democracy at work.

EDIT: Just realized this was my 200th post.....yay?
                      Last edited by Spock!; 02-05-2014, 05:22 PM. Reason: 200TH POST
                      - Thomas Jefferson

sigpic

Comment

• No absolutely not, Spock. Your opinion is OK and even though our opinions differ, I respect it. And you can of course present it and all. I just said that you should be reconsidering how you are getting your message across. That was my whole intention of PMing you. As I said, I have just referred to tht one forum post.

Comment

• Originally posted by kthx View Post
                          The same shitdick reasoning you used to keep 00000 on staff, banned people and deleted posts when they found out who it was, and all the other fucking stupid shit you did is the same reason why you shouldn't be a part of this and why true veteran leadership is gone or doesn't give a shit anymore.

kept oO.Oo on staff yes, I rather not axe unless I have no choice. In 13yrs of staff I have axed 2 people, so only as a last resort. Yes I ban people, as bang op you kinda have no choice on that one to be fair, but again I removed a damn side more bans then I placed overturning shit loads that had been placed, and as for deleting posts, that's complete bullshit to say the least, I have deleted 2 posts tops, and only @ request.

I also already stated I am not fussed if I am part of council or not, but guess you chose to ignore that, again not glamorous and ruins your point right? I mean how can I be wanting to control things if I don't want this power. Also happy to leave veto's to the other 2 sysops, as it doesn't matter who is there they both know what is "safe/viable" for the zone and what isn't so I don't even need to be involved, in fact its a damn side less work for me, so your doing me a favour.

Or we could just play the how many swear words can we fit into one forum post game, since that makes you look big and tough and people listen to you right? Gets your point across so much more effectively right? Would have thought you might have grown up a bit having a kid now, guess not. Go ahead and join the council wark, but I guarantee you will try to bully everyones opinion on it, swear and demand them removed when they disagree probably with a forum poll and then quit stating its all staff's fault as they are the root of all evil and true vet's like you would have had 60million players in TW by now.

Comment

• Obviously someone didn't watch Archer on Monday. And I guess having a kid means I can't use curse words anymore, wish I had read that addendum to the contract before banging out a few kiddos.

But thats besides the point. You keep ignoring most of my posts, especially the reasoning behind my ban and the apology.

Also, I never bully people into anything, I browbeat idiots and use my natural persuasion to change peoples minds on things. Also yeah I do think if staff had listened better to people like myself, ph, summa, lf that TW's population would be much higher than it is now. Stop being so fucking melodramatic and understand the root of the problem and why this council is doomed to failure unless changes within its core design are made. Remove any rules suggesting that a veto could happen. If you want to trust the community to fix the zone you and staff have been letting rot for these last 8 years then trust the community to note vote on "allowing cheat engine in pub" and other stupid shit. Having you or anyone else with the ability to veto anything based on loose fucking wording makes all the hard work you are asking these people to do frankly useless.
                            Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

• Oh and councils first matter of business, I don't care who is on it should be to spend the fucking donation money. You going to veto that?
                              Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

• Originally posted by kthx View Post
                                Oh and councils first matter of business, I don't care who is on it should be to spend the fucking donation money. You going to veto that?
                                Finally some common sense!!

Comment

Working...
                                X