Official DiSTENSiON Thread (Schedule)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol
    Last edited by Afri; 02-18-2014, 01:22 PM.

Comment

This thread is epitomizes and highlights the glaring need to get REAL population data and stop fucking relying on ’casual observation’. We all have opinions. For example it is my opinion the TW hockey has helped, in a small way, to introduce other features of TW. I think that some HZ players are now playing a bit more TW. But who cares, it just my opinion and I might be wrong, I have no real data to back me up. Yet if I have some position of power in the zone, my opinion is indeed what matters.

We constantly make changes/improvements and then debate the outcome without really knowing shit. If I could make one change that I think would help the zone more than anything else it would be that we require every change/idea to include a way to measure its impact. Anyone can come up with a new idea, it takes no real effort to throw something out as a new idea. But it takes some actual work to think it through and develop a way to measure it potential impact before you implement and then again after you implement. Beyond some work it also takes courage to agree that if your idea/feature doesn’t have the desired impact than you were wrong.

If we want staff to be accountable, if we want the zone to improve, if we want the zone to stay alive; I recommend that we stop fucking debating opinions and making changes/improvements in a vacuum. Force people to justify and vet their ideas before development decisions are made. Get the tools needed in place to measure outcomes. Change the discussion to one about real, empirical data.

Or just keep rolling shit out and arguing over its impact. We can keep assuming that a handful of people are making the right decisions and just hope everything turns out well. If this were a business how many of us would be willing to dig into our own pockets and invest in this situation? It is no different with investing time. How many good people do you think are willing to pour huge amounts of their time into something that is run like this?

Fixing this zone is more than just heading towards a new staff structure. It is also about changing the way decisions have been made; including the incredible loose and incorrect method that has been used for making changes and improvements.
      eph

Comment

As far as Hockey goes: Hockey was played for around 60-80 minutes right before distension. It was slowly dying, people were leaving. Fusha continued the host of hockey and had everything set up. As soon as I started distension though, it fell apart because people left for dist (a huge majority of the hockey players that were playing also played dist and prefered that over hockey). I guess it has a negative impact on EVERY hosted event, not only hockey. No matter what you host, it won't work during distension. But the possibility to run hockey and dist at the same time is there, given that we have a host available to do it and given that we have at least 10 players who prefer hockey over dist.
        Thanks to Fusha anyway for trying to keep hockey alive there.

Comment

Originally posted by Ephemeral View Post
          This thread is epitomizes and highlights the glaring need to get REAL population data and stop fucking relying on ’casual observation’. We all have opinions. For example it is my opinion the TW hockey has helped, in a small way, to introduce other features of TW. I think that some HZ players are now playing a bit more TW. But who cares, it just my opinion and I might be wrong, I have no real data to back me up. Yet if I have some position of power in the zone, my opinion is indeed what matters.
          Sums up my opinion on the matter as well, though LF's post was the closest anyone's come to some kind of attempt. Even still, to form any vaguely scientific opinion you need to gather data over a period of weeks and possibly normalize for any special events (for example, TWL, 3 day weekend in the US this last weekend, etc.)... that's not to say the speculation isn't useful, because -- here's the kicker -- nobody cares enough to actually take the time to gather the data. Hell, you don't even care enough, Eph; you ostensibly dropped out of Council. Maybe you would have sent every motion to committee to gather data: but who has the time to gather all this data so that it's actually relevant, rather than simply massaged to support one claim or another?

I don't think Distension's inherently good for the zone, or bad for the zone. I know many people like it. I know many hate it. It's going to run in some limited capacity as long as some people like it, and Council or the highest-ups don't take it down. Some people are not OK with that idea. I'm fine with it. I think the proponents are at the moment more vocal than the opponents (AFAIK). Bottom line, that's what it often comes down to, whether or not that's right or good. Until someone gathers meaningful data. I don't mean to be dismissive, but I'm really really sick of discussing this issue over the last 7 or more years Distension has been in development and being played, and I would much rather let someone else decide it.

Exalt, I would love to be able to read more of what you're saying but I just can't punish myself reading 3 pages in 1 forum post (I did skim though). I replied to your PM in some detail; hope that's enough. Please consider tightening up your points. I'm trying to get some coding work done this morning and have been having this same discussion with 400 different people for the last 800 years and it makes me want to blow my brains out sometimes.
          "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
          -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

Fixes:
            • The end-of-round shutdown bugs should be fixed (goes to shutdown during ballgame/intermission, or continues game after refit mode enabled but before intermission). Let me know if it still is an issue.
            • For purposes of fairness, the cost to !specialize is now greater at lower levels. 1.5% below rank 30, 0.8% below 35, and unchanged at 0.3% for all others.
            • No longer allowed to assist if it would keep things unbalanced. It has to be a significant balance improvement for an assist to be possible. Same with returning to your army.
            • Sharks and Terrs should now be able to assist more easily.
            • Avarice adjusted slightly.
            • Ballgame awards reduced slightly.
            • We may be randomizing armies a bit until we get a good spread, and then doing some manual balance. If you are balanced manually, please try to wear the big boy pants and not get too emotional about it. If armies are consistently imbalanced, those getting annihilated, round after round, may lose the desire the play. It's for the good of the game.
            Last edited by qan; 02-18-2014, 03:57 PM.
            "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
            -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

Originally posted by qan View Post
              Sums up my opinion on the matter as well, though LF's post was the closest anyone's come to some kind of attempt. Even still, to form any vaguely scientific opinion you need to gather data over a period of weeks and possibly normalize for any special events (for example, TWL, 3 day weekend in the US this last weekend, etc.)... that's not to say the speculation isn't useful, because -- here's the kicker -- nobody cares enough to actually take the time to gather the data. Hell, you don't even care enough, Eph; you ostensibly dropped out of Council. Maybe you would have sent every motion to committee to gather data: but who has the time to gather all this data so that it's actually relevant, rather than simply massaged to support one claim or another?...
              As you know the Council should operate at a strategic level and has little to do with the operational level. (BTW, although I know Qan knows the difference if anyone does not understand this they shouldn’t be allowed anywhere near any decision making processes.)

Like I mentioned, there need to be tools available to be able to at least have a rudimentary understanding of what the hell is going on. This shit of making decisions in a vacuum is stupid; the only value is that everyone gets to get away without doing any work they don’t like or want to do. I know this sucks. I know how hard it is to find people who are actually willing to work (vs. just throwing out ‘good ideas’ form the peanut gallery). I managed 6 figure engineers for decades, even they would run off and only do shit that ‘liked’ instead of doing what really needed to be done. Doing it with volunteers is obviously even more of a challenge.

We don’t need some highly formalized scientific approach, but we certainly need something more informative than the ‘marketing’ page the occasionally gets used.

My suggestion, is that we stop spending time developing cute new arenas/tweaking little improvements and instead apply effort in building tools that gathers some basic, core population metrics. Back this up with a generic survey tool that can be pressed into service without a lot of pain so player input can also be measured quickly.

IMO Dev should be taking direction only AFTER an idea has been justified, vetted, and a method for measuring the impact is in place. Having dev guys just dream up new stuff is the absolute wrong way to do this. Same for the various staffers who control things, having them making decisions on new things/changes without requiring them to justify and at least make a stab at a way to measure its impact is letting them get away with murder. With as many staff haters as there are you would think that they would be all over this; hold them responsible for their decisions.

Again who wants to invest in this situation? I could invest at many levels, both with dollars and with time. I am sure there are others who would too. But no one will when it is a cluster fuck. If the zone can demonstrate a real plan for changing not only the staff structure but also the way it does things, then perhaps people like myself would be willing to participate.

Or ignore my opinion, keep taking the easy way to do stuff, and stay the current course. Time will certainly be the judge and jury on this issue.
              eph

Comment

Originally posted by Exalt View Post
                Frightful, to be completely honest with you, the only reason I gave you any time of day at all in the beginning was that I assumed you were capable of having an actual discussion whatsoever, but you've proven that is simply out of the question for you. How old are you? 12? 13? Perhaps a very immature 16 year old? I'm done actually responding to you, because your insults are pointless, I don't even know who you are on either forums OR inside the game (meaning you aren't someone WORTH knowing to begin with, let alone someone with enough pull or an agenda outside of trying to troll), and honestly I only even brought you up because I assumed someone who I actually respect as a staff member/player like FIS thought you were a viable person for some reason. I now realize that FiS only allowed you to speak due to 1) being staff and not a complete asshole and 2) because you supported his ideas somewhat. You still seem to think this is all about insulting and trolling, and so please, do yourself a favor and shut the fuck up. Nobody else is listening or paying attention to you for a reason. Just do yourself the favor and stop. Go play distension (which is the only thing you seem to care about anyways) and leave the actual discussions to the adults and the people with enough pull and respect of each other to talk like adults. You are incapable, so just shut the fuck up already. I'll let everyone else in the zone own you themselves. I just hope you don't kill yourself after all the people that respect me over you simply due to longevity, friendship, and actual knowledge of who I am compared to some random nobody (I mean that in the least deragatory way possible, since there are nobodies in this forum/game that I respect and listen to their opinions, like Spock! for instance). Just stop. If I knew how to ignore people in this forum (I've never actually had to do this before to know how), I'd just ignore you like I have inside subspace, but I'm hoping that one day you will provide something intellegent to say in the future (maybe in another 5 years) so that I can not have to lose IQ simply by reading anything you say.
                There is no reason for personal attacks. So far, aside from calling you an idiot (which I shouldn't have. Sorry), I have been pretty cordial. I've brought up several points which you have chosen to sidestep.

Kind of funny, though, you talking about me attacking your character. What exactly do you call the above rant?

Originally posted by Exalt View Post
                I however, disagree with your assessment of the TWD thing. NO TWD games were played after distension. A few were played before, and a few during. NONE were played afterword. I certainly was one of the players who logged off after distension started, as did half of my squad and a lot of other players in my chat. All of my chats are full of TWD players, so you can take that both ways. You could say Distension had either NO EFFECT on TWD, or you can see it from my point of view, where Distension made all the players in TWD LOG OFF either during or after the fact. Some went afk too.
                So people log off because Distension is being hosted for no other reason than because Distension's being hosted? As I told you before, there aren't many active TWDers who play distension and most who do are basers. I'm not sure how some basers playing Distension is killing TWDD. If people are logging off just because they hate Distension and don't want to be in the zone when it's running, that their deal.

Comment

Originally posted by qan View Post
                  Sums up my opinion on the matter as well, though LF's post was the closest anyone's come to some kind of attempt. Even still, to form any vaguely scientific opinion you need to gather data over a period of weeks and possibly normalize for any special events (for example, TWL, 3 day weekend in the US this last weekend, etc.)... that's not to say the speculation isn't useful, because -- here's the kicker -- nobody cares enough to actually take the time to gather the data. Hell, you don't even care enough, Eph; you ostensibly dropped out of Council. Maybe you would have sent every motion to committee to gather data: but who has the time to gather all this data so that it's actually relevant, rather than simply massaged to support one claim or another?

I don't think Distension's inherently good for the zone, or bad for the zone. I know many people like it. I know many hate it. It's going to run in some limited capacity as long as some people like it, and Council or the highest-ups don't take it down. Some people are not OK with that idea. I'm fine with it. I think the proponents are at the moment more vocal than the opponents (AFAIK). Bottom line, that's what it often comes down to, whether or not that's right or good. Until someone gathers meaningful data. I don't mean to be dismissive, but I'm really really sick of discussing this issue over the last 7 or more years Distension has been in development and being played, and I would much rather let someone else decide it.

Exalt, I would love to be able to read more of what you're saying but I just can't punish myself reading 3 pages in 1 forum post (I did skim though). I replied to your PM in some detail; hope that's enough. Please consider tightening up your points. I'm trying to get some coding work done this morning and have been having this same discussion with 400 different people for the last 800 years and it makes me want to blow my brains out sometimes.
                  Like Qan said, both on forums and privately (we had our own little private chat about things, which he corrected me on a few things and agreed with me on a few things), Distension may not inherently help or inherently hurt TW. I'm still on the side that thinks distension tends to hurt TW, not as a way of killing it, but rather it hurts the people that don't enjoy distension. It does however, help the players that DO enjoy distension. I don't frankly know the exactly amount of either side. I know I'm on the side that dislikes distension, so I will naturally be biased toward that side, while players like frightful naturally will be biased on the side that is for distension, due to him loving that event. As I've said in the thread, and as I've told Qan, IF it can be proven that distension actually HELPS TW as a whole, especially regarding population, than I will change my stance on it and actually support it, even if I absolutely loath the damn event. The reason for this is because I care more about TW as a whole than I do about any single event. I could simply log off TW whenever Distension is running, or possibly I could quit playing altogether and join staff, and be one of the many non-playing afk staff members we have (lol) and contribute in other ways, such as ideas (which is why I want to join the council in the first place, as I have a ton of ideas that I don't really trust just giving up to staff so they can ignore them).

Just like Qan said, Distension is a very polarizing event. It has a lot of supporters and a lot of detractors. It is hard to measure which side of the coin has more people, and it is hard to measure what the outcome of whatever you do with distension will be. Qan has stated that there have been players tell him that they will or did quit trenchwars completely when distension was scrapped for years (back when it was crashing the server). I don't know if that's entirely true, but I stick to my belief that the players that quit trenchwars simply due to no distension basically never gave a fuck about trenchwars then, because distension is a fairly new event, it doesn't run all the time, and trenchwars has many other things to do inside of it than just distension. I could be wrong there though.

I hope LF gathers more data on the subject, because he was the first one to really go out and do it. I SAID I would do it should I be forced to, but I willingly admit that it isn't exactly something I WANT to do. It is a lot of effort with probably very little reward and practically no thanks, due to the fact that nothing I do, even if I gain conclusive evidence, would ever sway the minds of those who absolutely love distension with little regard to anything else going on in TW. Those who love distension that much have stated as much themselves when they threatened to quit TW altogether if they cannot have their precious distension event. That being said, I'm VERY glad that LF has taken the time to do this. This saves me a hell of a lot of time and trouble. I definitely appreciate LF's efforts.

As for the rest Qan... I apologize that I write such long posts, but I am an English major, and I write for a living. I'm just used to writing long, drawn-out things. It just comes naturally to me. This is one of the reasons why I'll never join twitter. I am not very good at getting my point across in one or two short sentences. I apologize for that, but this is simply my writing style. Hopefully, you can still skim through it well enough to get the gist of what I try to say. And yes, your PM reply was greatly appreciated. Don't blow your brains out over this though LOL! Trenchwars needs you far too much, and nobody wants to see the most productive member of staff disappear due to something stupid like whether distension is good for TW or not.
                  RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
                  RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Originally posted by Frightful View Post
                    There is no reason for personal attacks. So far, aside from calling you an idiot (which I shouldn't have. Sorry), I have been pretty cordial. I've brought up several points which you have chosen to sidestep.

Kind of funny, though, you talking about me attacking your character. What exactly do you call the above rant?
                    I apologize for that rant, but I was emotionally compromised at the time due to the in-game crap I was receiving for basically saying my viewpoint that distension tends to hurt the rest of the zone. Instead of anyone actually listening to any point of view outside of their own biased one, FiS (a staff member I respect, and have had very respectful conversations with in the past even when we disagreed) basically went on a screaming rant in all caps (which was out of character for that player), then I had you calling me stupid/dumb/unintelligent/whatever else (which was pretty much uncalled for), and then some random aliased kid who was too afraid to even show who they really are (which more or less probably meant they aren't anyone) also just attacking me personally. Due to that, yes, I was emotionally compromised over the issue at the time. I had to step back for a while and reassess things. Aside from that, I apologize for my personal attacks against you, because yes, that was uncalled for. You've proven with posts after those few that you are indeed capable of legitimate discussions, so I take back what i said earlier about your opinions being worthless.

Originally posted by Frightful View Post
                    So people log off because Distension is being hosted for no other reason than because Distension's being hosted? As I told you before, there aren't many active TWDers who play distension and most who do are basers. I'm not sure how some basers playing Distension is killing TWDD. If people are logging off just because they hate Distension and don't want to be in the zone when it's running, that their deal.
                    I think you misunderstand my point of why people like me and other TWD players log off or go afk when Distension starts running. There ARE TWD players that play distension, albeit probably not as many as non-twd players. The main reason we log off is because it is pretty well known between TWD players that distension means TWD games simply are not going to happen any longer. I can't give concrete evidence for WHY this happens, but it's just something that as been going on every single time distension starts running. Once that advert happens, it pretty much means TWD for the days is done for. I cannot give you concrete proof of why, but based on my experiences, it just simply has always happened like this.

Also, I cannot speak for every TWD player, but a player like me (for instance) will log into TW, and the first thing I do is type ?chat to see who is online in my squad. If there are enough people online (not including the people who are always afk), then I immediately try to find out if there is a TWD game going on or if they are actively looking for one. If there are enough players that aren't afk, I ask if they would LIKE to play a TWD game. 99% of the time, if there are at least 3 active players, all of them will say yes, find a game. If there are more than 3, then it is a 100% certainty that the minimum amount of players will say "let's find a DD/JD/BD" and we start looking. This is typically what happens in a TWD-focused squad. Otherwise, we may play wbduel or elim. Some may play pub and duel there. If we have 4 players that want to DD, but we cannot find any other squad that has enough players (this happens quite a bit), then we will .?go #TWLD or some other private arena, and one of our staff members will grab a bot and host our own inter-squad DD through that, like in the old days before TWD. We'll do a 2v2 or 3v3 vs our own squad members. Assuming all of that is impssible, most people will log off. NOW, when distension happens? That advert is almost an implicit hint that no TWD game is possible, no elim game will be going on, nobody will be in public, no wbduel will be going on, and no other event will be hosted. This makes almost everyone either go afk, alt-tab simply to chat while doing other things, or log off. This is just implicitly known. I cannot explain it better than that. This isn't just in my current squad, but every squad I've ever been in since distension was created. Now... I did quit for 4 years, so that's 4 years of things that may have changed, but for the 2 (or possible 3 now) weeks that I've come back and seen distension hosted, this SAME EXACT outcome has happened. Some things never change in TW, and that is one of them.

Does that explain my position just a lil bit better?
                    RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

I had to rant to you, caus you were blaming distension eating up all staff resources and you just weren't listening to what I was saying. I apologize, but that's not the way we need to talk, and it's what a member of staff gets to hear (mostly in a very unfriendly manner) on a daily basis. What made me rant is that you were complainging about where there is a big fuss about distension while we don't do anything with hockey. - While you absolutely have NO idea what's going on. Just a couple minutes before I've been talking to Eph to get some opinions about a hockey tournament, if he thought that there would be enough people available and with an interest to participate - but RSHL is starting in march - that pretty much means that a hockey tournament in TW will have to be after theirs.
                      I just can't stand when people start blaming me (or other staff members of which I know better) for things not happening while I know it's there. Go blame the right ones, and not the ones who try.

Anyway, this topic is about DISTENSION.

Comment

did you guys know that when you defend a belief, especially when you mainly believe it based on your "gut", the same neurons in the brain that prep us for survival mode start firing, partially disabling rationality. fuckin limbic system eh?

Comment

Da fuk is distension still doing? Burn in hell distention PoS.
                          - You need people like me. So you can point your finger and say that's the bad guy.

Comment

Originally posted by cash.MONay View Post
                            Da fuk is distension still doing? Burn in hell distention PoS.
                            see? Cash Monay knows

Comment

Originally posted by fiS View Post
                              I had to rant to you, caus you were blaming distension eating up all staff resources and you just weren't listening to what I was saying. I apologize, but that's not the way we need to talk, and it's what a member of staff gets to hear (mostly in a very unfriendly manner) on a daily basis. What made me rant is that you were complainging about where there is a big fuss about distension while we don't do anything with hockey. - While you absolutely have NO idea what's going on. Just a couple minutes before I've been talking to Eph to get some opinions about a hockey tournament, if he thought that there would be enough people available and with an interest to participate - but RSHL is starting in march - that pretty much means that a hockey tournament in TW will have to be after theirs.
                              I just can't stand when people start blaming me (or other staff members of which I know better) for things not happening while I know it's there. Go blame the right ones, and not the ones who try.

Anyway, this topic is about DISTENSION.
                              I wasn't really blaming you, rather than the fact that you were there, and you weren't listening to what I was saying either. As for me not knowing what other things staff are doing...that's a communication/transparency issue if you ask me. That's part of the reason the Council idea was created. I certainly know that if I become a Council member (which certainly is not a given, just a hypothetical), one of my goals in that situation would be to consistently post on forums (at least on forums, if nowhere else) what the discussions were about, what conclusions have been made, and what is generally going on behind the scenes so that EVERYONE can get a clear picture of what these discussions are about.

For staff to simply say "we had a meeting" without stating what was discussed in those meetings... that tells us regular players absolutely nothing. Also, when half of staff are full of newer players or players that don't represent a lot of the veteran community (there are some, but not a large majority of staff in that group), it puts into questions what EXACTLY staff are discussing and talking about, and what EXACTLY some of those staff members truly know about the community at large. I'm positive that a lot of staff members know quite a bit about events and public, and quite a bit know about the basing side of TWL/TWD, but how many know about TWLD for instance beyond Ricko and a few others? Does Reckful really know much about TWL, beyond that he is the head TWL Op? He's never actually PLAYED TWL in his entire subspace career, so what honestly would he know about what the veterans are thinking beyond what he may read in forums? Ricko possibly might know about the warbird side of things, and Tiny might know about the jav side of things, but that's about it. Half of staff don't even play the game anymore on any level. The other large majority are either pubbers or basers. How many staff members truly play Hockey for instance? Why would you need to have discussions with Eph about Hockey if you already KNEW about hockey? You wouldn't.

Get my point here? You guys aren't always exactly transparent with things, and so the only transparency I see is this huge thread about DISTENSION which has always had its proponents and detractors, and there really isn't a big gray area with it. Either people LOVE it or they absolutely HATE it. You are one of the people that love it, which is fine, but for you to act like I know absolutely nothing that is going on is pretty ridiculous too. No, I am not in staff, and no, I am not on the "inside" to know what happens in staff chat or during staff meetings, but that isn't my fault whatsoever. It also isn't my fault if I get the wrong information, simply because staff are either too lazy or not able for WHATEVER reason to not post exactly what happened and was discussed during those meetings.

Like I said, IF I was ever in this future Council (assuming it ever gets off the ground anytime in the near future, which seems debatable as well), my first priority would be to make sure EVERYONE knew what was being discussed, what was decided/voted upon, who voted yes/no/abstain, and also I would make sure the community at large had a say into what they wanted discussed or voted yes/no to. The Council would be a form of Congress, and in a Republic, Congressman answer to the people. They represent the people. Therefore, the people's wishes should always be taken into account, and the people should always be informed on what their "representatives" decide to do on their behalf.

Staff on the other hand, are not voted in. The way staff get recruited in the past was always dubious at best. The way staff are being recruited now is still dubious at best, based on things I've already stated. If you'd like, I can still find 50 people who I believe would make great staff candidates (not including myself) that I think would be far more transparent, less egotistical, and probably more productive than half the members of our current crop of staff. That being said, I do believe there are quite a few good staff members currently in the system. I just do not like it when you act like YOU are in the "know" and everyone else on the outside doesn't know jack shit, when most of us have played quite a bit longer than you, have seen quite a bit more things that have happened in this zone, have more experience in the good/bad things that staff have done, and probably have if not better, than alternative perspectives on things than you do. It doesn't mean we are right or that you are wrong, but the arrogance is an absolute no-no in public relations.

Also, I tried to get you to calm down, but you freaked the fuck out with all caps and then left the arena when I refused to let you try to tell me "WHAT HAVE YOU DONE FOR THIS ZONE? WHAT HAVE YOU DONE? I HAVE DONE SO MUCH WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?" as if you being staff means you've done a lot more for this zone than anyone else in it. I'm sorry, but I DON'T know what you've done. Care to tell me? If not, then don't question me on what I've done in the past either. You weren't around for a lot of things that I've done, a lot of idea's I've proposed, and a lot of things I tried to get done in the past, all while STAFF MEMBERS fucked it up in the end.

Point in case, only recently did I find out about the fact that my (and ricko's) idea of that TW Amateur League thing back in 2005? 2008? (I forget what year exactly) was actually greenlit by staff after I spent months of working on it, and then it was SCRAPPED because fucking staff members who had the power to get things done (zazu was the web dev who quit) among others up and left, leaving nobody to finish the project. After players like me and Ricko did ALL the work to get this thing done aside from developing a website and linking it up with bots (since I didn't have the knowledge or power to do that, hence we needed staff), staff never thought to even TELL ME that A) it was greenlit and B) it was scrapped due to certain staff members quitting at the exact wrong times. Do you know why this whole thing failed? COMMUNICATION BETWEEN STAFF AND PLAYERS.

That has always been a big fucking problem, and that is why I was so happy with the Council idea. It would finally create a little bit of communication. So FiS, for a generally newer player like you (no offense, but I don't think you were around back during that time period, at least you were not staff) to tell a player like me that I don't know jack shit because I'm not staff nor am I in your little "secret meetings" is a complete and utter insult not only to my intelligence, but to every player that has proposed great ideas and either A) had them stolen by staff members who tried taking credit for themselves and the STILL managed to fuck it all up due to not knowing what the fuck they were doing, B) ignored the idea due to them not knowing what the fuck they were doing or C) took the idea but decided to ever inform the player with the original idea for it, who also laid out step by step instructions on how to get it done.

Basically, staff have horrible communication skills, and because of this, it is fucking insulting for a player like you to tell a player like me that you are in the "know" and I am not. Maybe if you had the common decency and common knowledge of public relations, you'd know how to inform players of what exactly is going on so that NOBODY could claim you are focusing on the "wrong" things or that us players "don't know what you are doing behind the scenes" and so therefore could not accuse you of being so useless.

But hey, keep up fucking up the same old ways. That certainly has worked for the last 15 years. I'm sure that's why Demonic and MM God decided that shaking everything up was a good idea, right? Seriously, you have to think outside of the box here a little bit. I respect you as a staff member FiS, mainly for your ability to communicate at least in some aspects, but the way you handled the distension thing was a fucking joke and that is why I continue to tell you it is a fucking joke. I realize you love distension and you only want MORE distension rather than anything else, but don't alienate every other player in this game simply due to you loving an event more than the rest of the game.

Out of respect for Qan, who told me in a private chat that he would like the distension thread to remain about distension updates, and another thread be created about the other issues with distension and things like that, I will stop posting on this thread and either let this thread continue to be about UPDATES, or I suggest you create a new tread and let that be all about UPDATES to distension. Other that than though, don't act so arrogant as a staff member to players that have played twice as long as you. Being staff doesn't give you the right to talk down to anyone at all, let alone people that actually give a fuck about this game. I've stated enough times that I respect you as a staff member, while you've basically tried insulting my intelligence or dedication to this game simply because I am not staff. That kind of attitude needs to stop. You can have your distension thread back, but it won't change the fact that distension is a very controversial issue, and even Qan (the creator of the damn event) has stated as such. Qan is the one I listen to most about Distension mainly due to him being the creator/owner of the entire thing. So seriously, out of respect for him, I'll leave this thread alone. My personal opinion is to delete this thread and create a new one. Make it a sticky, and delete all posts not involving distension updates. Just don't expect people to all bow down to your "knowledge" FiS just because you are a staff member, because I've seen many, many, many staff members come and go in my time, and none of them acted so arrogant as to tell other players that they are ignorant of what is really going on, especially when those players have been active members of the community for 15 years.
                              Last edited by Exalt; 02-19-2014, 02:50 PM.
                              RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

#Exalt4CouncilScribe
                                Former TW Staff

Comment

Working...
                                X