X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pressure View Post
    Wrong

Watching vets do their thing was one of the reasons I stuck around early on

Pub squads need to be resurrected tho. Staff will be doing the zone a huge plus by giving incentive to pub squads

For example: Public leaderboards, rewards (pub bux), anything to encourage pub squads = win for the zone. Ask anyone from pre-2005
    Will new players be warned staff will delete/refresh pubbux whenever they like without warning?

anyway i think this whole steam malarky is all smoke and mirrors to distract the current population from staff getting away with the donation money before the plug is pulled
    3:kyler> who r u btw i keep wanting to ask people "who is 45th pres" but someone gonna say "trump"
    3:45th President> do it
    kyler> who is 45th President
    nah> donald j trump

Downfall> Shoutout to forwards for randomly giving gunsmith results that made no sense and just made things harder

Jacklyn> holster is the thing that holds/carry the gun

Comment

Originally posted by forwards View Post
      anyway i think this whole steam malarky is all smoke and mirrors to distract the current population from staff getting away with the donation money before the plug is pulled
      I'll respond to this when I get back from the upper staff yachting trip - the wifi can be a bit inconsistant!
      TWL-J Season 11 Champion
      TWL-J Season 21 Champion
      TWL-B Season 21 Champion
      TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
      TWDT-D 2017 Champion
      TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

I second what Pressure has said one hundred percent. Squads! We need squads. I really can't stress this enough. Even if it is the formation of small teams who play irregularly, twd cries out for new groups of players who will add depth, competitiveness, aggregation and ultimately activity to our long neglected ladders.
        I know that people are looking to be the one to guess correctly on what happens with greenlight, or they have old scores to settle, they thrive on negativity, they have beef with staff, whatever. We need squads people. I'm able to speak from first hand experience observing twd games because of participating or railbirding nearly every day. Heck, apart from a few extremely dedicated players and staffers who are still here, day after day putting the time in, I'm probably one of the most active players in the zone, and here is what I have observed.
        The dynamic has now become such that squads are being forced to play the same fixtures, against the same teams, too much. Twers, this is BAD for our zone! We need to add variety and consequently unpredictability to our twd fixtures! Unpredictability and the potential to win motivates captains to try putting together their own squad, and for fledgling players to try their hand against tougher squads- at which point they develop to become a mature and possibly lifelong twd player. This cannot happen if the twd ladder thins excessively and becomes top-heavy or vice-versa in relation to skill level.
        We need to use the influx of activity to formulate teams and immediately make our newblets feel they are part of something bigger. Our zone has enough history that the structure of twd games can unravel itself to new players as they participate. We need to recruit strongly when these players approach and be ready to populate our ladders when it happens. We need to start a pattern of proper recruitment, and recruitment procedure- this adds animation back which in turn feeds competitiveness. When's the last time someone had to tryout for a squad, eh?
        Finally and actually most importantly we need to prove to these new players the strength of our current client! Never mind potential future iterations! We need to be creative, active and get gaming to kick this off... our beloved zone will live and die through these squads!
        Last edited by little buddhist; 06-09-2015, 03:29 PM.

Comment

Time to bring Vikings or Romans alive xD.
          Need co caps
          Rudy> Maisoul has a history of making men out of girls. Something in his physiology.

Morgane> was that fun?
          waxer> like the first time i had sex, i cried
          Morgane> u really cried the first time u had sex?
          waxer> LOl,no
          waxer> im just like kthx, i never had sex

Comment

Originally posted by Pressure View Post
            Wrong

Watching vets do their thing was one of the reasons I stuck around early on

Pub squads need to be resurrected tho. Staff will be doing the zone a huge plus by giving incentive to pub squads

For example: Public leaderboards, rewards (pub bux), anything to encourage pub squads = win for the zone. Ask anyone from pre-2005
            pub squads is they way to win
            TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

Originally posted by Jones View Post
              pub squads is the
              way to win
              TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

Was just lounging in pub and saw this and thought I would share it with the community before the exciting launch. Could be effective and is rather simple to execute if you're one of the people willing to help out.

BlindTal> when Steam launches in July, wear RED CROSS banner to say you help new players
                SSCU Trench Wars TRIPLE CROWN WINNER
                SSCU Trench Wars
                Triple Threat
                SSCU Trench Wars TWEL Top 3 Finalist
                SSCU Trench Wars Starting Spider Melee 2003
                SSCU Trench Wars TWLJ Champion (2x)
                SSCU Trench Wars TWLD Champion
                SSCU Trench Wars Michael Schumacher of Racing2
                SSCU Trench Wars Unprecedented Balancing KING
                SSCU Trench Wars TWLJ Top Stats 3 years running

MAD shoutouts to MUH BOYS atm

Comment

HUUUGE shoutouts to my boy Children for announcing the Upcoming Steam Releas on his Hit Singles youtube chanle Davod Paridy 2014
                  Gun remembers.

Comment

I agree with Pressure, we need to put some focus on acknowledging / rewarding pub squads & players. Put the monthly reset winners (Both the top squads and top players) on the map, website, gfx, wherever. Most new players will not just jump straight to a league squad, so pub is the way to go for now.

Also, for the sake of staff not losing the respect/trust of the possible new players, before you do any kind of pub bux reset or whatever, give the players ample warning. Not just on forums, post it on the website, forums, zone news, random arena announcements, etc. Communication is key.
                    SySop SSCJ Metal Gear CTF

Comment

No reset planned afaik. Don't panic ppl about things that won't happen :P

Comment

Original Post updated to clear up confusion for current players who were unsure how to continue playing once we launch on Steam.
                        Head of Public Relations
                        SSCU Trench Wars Staff

I do not engage with trolls. Have a nice day!

Comment

We all have to hand it to this guy named The Block, pretty much took over control and pushed Turban(hasn't done much really) aside to make things happening and pushing us forward(Even if it might fail and no population) but this guy is really trying hard.

And ricko...quit it pipsqueak.
                          1:Ogron> i can officially say that i am quitting tinder dude fuck that i met the most amazing girl ever
                          1:Zidane> congrats man
                          1:Ogron> yeah she is into star wars movies and plays little bit of LoL
                          1:Ogron> AND we had a 10 minute make out session in my car
                          1:Rough> AND this guy wonders why he is a loser

Comment

loooooooooooooooooooool
                            1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Originally posted by Rough View Post
                              We all have to hand it to this guy named The Block, pretty much took over control and pushed Turban(hasn't done much really) aside to make things happening and pushing us forward(Even if it might fail and no population) but this guy is really trying hard.
                              This is not at all the case, as my job is to relay information, or more-or-less act as the middle man between players and staff. Turban has been behind much of the recent Steam progress, in addition to all the work he's done on the new tutorial as well as everything else he works on behind the scenes. It has very much been a group effort as many people have had their hands in the recent Steam progress, and I am certainly not the one leading the charge.
                              Head of Public Relations
                              SSCU Trench Wars Staff

I do not engage with trolls. Have a nice day!

Comment

learn 2 sarcasm
                                1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Working...
                                X