what is wrong with u ppl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Troll King
    ... okay, which returns to my query: if joining Paladen can lead to a staff position (but is not the only possible way in), yet there has been no negative results of this, but several positive ones, then what's the problem?
    its not the only way in, but its the eazier and most disgusting and unfair way to get staff.

and i thought i made this clear: the "problem" if u put it that way is that there are 700 more ppl in tw and some of them want to be staff but cant cause paladen members got all the free positions. thats the problem. regardless of their performance after they got staff, the way they got it was low and now that i think of it how can u be sure that if some other player who joined staff by his own means couldnt do the same or even better work?
    The steps of life are easily forgotten by those who climb the ladder.

Comment

Melee has its share of staff too, Downdraft
      I'd rather be SubSpacing.

Comment

I havent read anything in here except for the beginning, I just wanna add that I think its really annoying with all the name changes after people get staff. k thanks
        Originally posted by Tyson
        There is no such thing as hoologians there are only football supporters.
        Originally posted by HeavenSent
        Hello? Ever tried to show a Muslim a picture of Mohammed? I dare anyone to try. You will die.
        Originally posted by Izor
        Women should never be working in the first place.

Comment

lol mantra...nice add in. Although I don't think this is the right thread...MEH! Close enough

Comment

Originally posted by Downdraft
            its not the only way in, but its the eazier and most disgusting and unfair way to get staff.

and i thought i made this clear: the "problem" if u put it that way is that there are 700 more ppl in tw and some of them want to be staff but cant cause paladen members got all the free positions. thats the problem. regardless of their performance after they got staff, the way they got it was low and now that i think of it how can u be sure that if some other player who joined staff by his own means couldnt do the same or even better work?
            Let me rephrase the question then: WHY is it a problem? Why do you consider this "low", "eazier", "disgusting" and "unfair"? You admit that there are other avenues to getting a staff position, so that can't be it. As far as easier? Yes. It is easier. For the recruiters, not for the applicants. You yourself are asking for new recruits to be people other older players (such as yourself) recognize. Wouldn't joining a squad like Paladen be a good way of being evaluated? There are some experienced staffers on the squad, so they can see what the new player is like. If an ideal staff member is someone who is friendly, helpful and an overall nice person, then what better way for staffers to evaluate that than seeing how they behave on squad chat? List the requirements of being a good staff-candidate. If Paladen's recruiting procedure follows the same requirements, then this is no different than any other screening method. Far better and more efficient than relying on sketchy opinions of "every single tw player that pays the least attention to tw". Heck, you've already admitted in this thread that you were wrong in judging some of the new staffers you named.

And how can you disregard the performance of people after they joined staff? That's the whole point of staffing issues: how they do the job. You seem to be focussing more on who gets hired and how they get hired than on how well they do their jobs. If that is the case, then you need to reevaluate the priorities of the job.

Comment

Originally posted by Mantra-Slider
              I havent read anything in here except for the beginning, I just wanna add that I think its really annoying with all the name changes after people get staff. k thanks
              too bad ppl dont join melee to get staff...at least that i know of.

Comment

They used to. =]

Comment

Originally posted by Troll King
                  Let me rephrase the question then: WHY is it a problem? Why do you consider this "low", "eazier", "disgusting" and "unfair"? You admit that there are other avenues to getting a staff position, so that can't be it. As far as easier? Yes. It is easier. For the recruiters, not for the applicants. You yourself are asking for new recruits to be people other older players (such as yourself) recognize. Wouldn't joining a squad like Paladen be a good way of being evaluated? There are some experienced staffers on the squad, so they can see what the new player is like. If an ideal staff member is someone who is friendly, helpful and an overall nice person, then what better way for staffers to evaluate that than seeing how they behave on squad chat? List the requirements of being a good staff-candidate. If Paladen's recruiting procedure follows the same requirements, then this is no different than any other screening method. Far better and more efficient than relying on sketchy opinions of "every single tw player that pays the least attention to tw". Heck, you've already admitted in this thread that you were wrong in judging some of the new staffers you named.

And how can you disregard the performance of people after they joined staff? That's the whole point of staffing issues: how they do the job. You seem to be focussing more on who gets hired and how they get hired than on how well they do their jobs. If that is the case, then you need to reevaluate the priorities of the job.
                  tk the way a staffer acts, behaves and does his work has nothing to with this thread. im here talking ONLY about the way the staffer gets his position. of course it matters how he performs but that is another subject. regardless of this, lets get back to what really matters to me right now.

there are obviously other ways of getting staff and yes, when in paladen a player is better evaluated and therefore in theory this is better then recruting some1 who just got recommended. but then again i still think its unfair to join this squad to get staff, cause then to be fair for every1 all should be able to join so that they get the same type of evaluation. of course this isnt a possibility so...well like i said i dont have the solution i just think its wrong.

and i read something important: u say joining paladen makes it eazier for recruters, not for applicants. i simply cant belive this, lol, i mean its plain and obvious that paladen gives u staff but yet ppl dont seem able to admit it. never understood.

lets see this evaluation that u talk about: in palden a player is evaluated, his personality is judged and therefore ppl can see if he makes a good staffer. ever occured to u that they may just suck up to every1 in the squad to get the job and then leave the squad since they do cause they didnt actually like being there, they just wanted staff? leaving the squad after getting staff is disgusting, at least try to cover it up for a little longer.

Comment

tk the way a staffer acts, behaves and does his work has nothing to with this thread. im here talking ONLY about the way the staffer gets his position.
                    The point is they do a good job, well most of them. I really can't see how saying that they got staff the wrong way but they do a great job now that they are in that position can sound at all negative. The point is they do there job, which is what matters.

ever occured to u that they may just suck up to every1 in the squad to get the job and then leave the squad since they do cause they didnt actually like being there, they just wanted staff?[/B]
                    Yomama!!! KJW and Overstrand are all members of Paladen and SMod's in Trench Wars. They were members of the squad before they were upper staff. Now that they are upper staff do you want them to leave only because it gives them a chance to get to know other players?

Troll King is right when he says that it makes it easier on the recruiters, because you recruit based on how you think they can handle the job, if they are nice, and if they are willing. How can you do this if you do not know the person?
                    Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
                    Message has been sent to online moderators
                    2:BLeeN> veh yes
                    (Overstrand)>no
                    2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
                    2:BLeeN> ok then no
                    :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
                    (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

tk the way a staffer acts, behaves and does his work has nothing to with this thread. im here talking ONLY about the way the staffer gets his position. of course it matters how he performs but that is another subject. regardless of this, lets get back to what really matters to me right now.

there are obviously other ways of getting staff and yes, when in paladen a player is better evaluated and therefore in theory this is better then recruting some1 who just got recommended. but then again i still think its unfair to join this squad to get staff, cause then to be fair for every1 all should be able to join so that they get the same type of evaluation. of course this isnt a possibility so...well like i said i dont have the solution i just think its wrong.

and i read something important: u say joining paladen makes it eazier for recruters, not for applicants. i simply cant belive this, lol, i mean its plain and obvious that paladen gives u staff but yet ppl dont seem able to admit it. never understood.

lets see this evaluation that u talk about: in palden a player is evaluated, his personality is judged and therefore ppl can see if he makes a good staffer. ever occured to u that they may just suck up to every1 in the squad to get the job and then leave the squad since they do cause they didnt actually like being there, they just wanted staff? leaving the squad after getting staff is disgusting, at least try to cover it up for a little longer.
                      And my point is that how a person gets a job is not as important as how well he does it.

Comment

vehicle and tk have a different perspective of myne. maybe my english doesnt help much tho but ill try to explain my point of view as i can:

when i wanted in staff i was damn mad at those who got the place by joining paladen. i had a squad and even if i didnt i wouldnt join paladen to become a staffer cause it just doesnt sound right to me. what other do is up to them im just stating my point.

of course tw needs staffers that are willing, nice, hard working, etc, i mean, in my original post i ask for staffers who actually host well and arent assholes towards the rest of the tw players.

to tk and vehicle in particular, for u and probably for a lot more ppl how a staffer performs is a lot more important then how he got his job and of course this is right. however, since i tried to get staff for almost 2 years and nothing happaned cause i didnt suck up or joined a squad made me maybe too sensible to this staff recruting issue. is it really that necessary to try and get staff's attention by talking to them and saying hi, how are u, sup, etc, to become a staffer? why cant a regular player get it? cause he isnt close enough to staffers? cause he just plays, has his fun and doesnt bother em for recommendations?...

so yea, to me the way staffers arent chosen how they should be. its ez to preditc the replies: do u want staff to look for every single player in tw for a potential future staffer? the way staff recruts is just fine and staffers do a good work or its ez to talk but coming up with solutions is a bit harder. well i dont have em. i just say its wrong and i hope some see it as i do.

Comment

<-never joined Paladen and didn't suck up
                          Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
                          Message has been sent to online moderators
                          2:BLeeN> veh yes
                          (Overstrand)>no
                          2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
                          2:BLeeN> ok then no
                          :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
                          (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

vehicle and tk have a different perspective of myne. maybe my english doesnt help much tho but ill try to explain my point of view as i can:

when i wanted in staff i was damn mad at those who got the place by joining paladen. i had a squad and even if i didnt i wouldnt join paladen to become a staffer cause it just doesnt sound right to me. what other do is up to them im just stating my point.

of course tw needs staffers that are willing, nice, hard working, etc, i mean, in my original post i ask for staffers who actually host well and arent assholes towards the rest of the tw players.
                            Follow the colored text. Hidden messages...?
                            5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
                            5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
                            5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

That's one of the weakest and most overused way to respond to people complaining about staff, even if I do disagree with Downdraft's opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Fit of Rage
                                Follow the colored text. Hidden messages...?
                                hum. i cant comment its too much for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X