what is wrong with u ppl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ice Storm03
    There shouldn't be people only from good squads thou.
    First of all...Paladen...a good squad? Second of all, one has nothing to do with the other. People are chosen for staff because they have been playing for a long time, they know there shit, and they are nice people. These reasons tend to be the same for people being chosen for good squads, along with skill.

Originally posted by Nasir
    I dont think staff should be able to have new names when they get recruited, thats all I have to say.
    There is a thread about that, take your shit there.

Give the staffers a chance. You may not know them, but you only hang out in baseelim, elim, and a small number of you in ?go base. These people could be one of the few upstanding skilled citizens of pub's! And if they are in pub, and the newbs who do helps are new pubbers, don't they fit the job perfectly?
    Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
    Message has been sent to online moderators
    2:BLeeN> veh yes
    (Overstrand)>no
    2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
    2:BLeeN> ok then no
    :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
    (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

Originally posted by Under Dog
      And if they are in pub, and the newbs who do helps are new pubbers, don't they fit the job perfectly?
      no, newbies aren't a help. nt
      (¯`*•.¸,¤°´'`°¤,¸.•*´¯)
      (¯`*•.¸,¤°´'`°•.¸O¸.•°´'`°¤,¸.•*´¯)
      \~~~~~~~•.•~~~~~~~/
      << evoce >>
      /~~~~~~~.•.~~~~~~~\
      (_¸.•*´'`°¤¸¸.•'´O`'•.¸¸¤°´'`*•.¸_)
      (_¸.•*´'`°¤¸¸¤°´'`*•.¸_)

TWLJ Season 10 Champion (Thunder)
      TWLD Season 9 Champion (Sk8)
      TWLD Season 8 Runner up (Pirates)

Comment

jibberish $

anyway, fuck bh822. there was a great game of warzone going, about 1 million points jackpot, and the fucker switch freqs every time one freq started beating the other. i threw a lot of insults at him but he didnt say nothin. then i tk him with a jav and he's all "do it again and ill ban you " not even in red text. i would have tked him again but he started acting like he was afk in the safezone or something.
        Ripper>cant pee with a hard on
        apt>yes u can wtf
        apt>you need to clear the pipes after a nice masturbation
        apt>i just put myself in a wierd position
        apt>so i dont miss the toilet
        Ripper>but after u masterbaition it usually goes down
        apt>na
        apt>ill show you pictures
        apt>next time I masturbate

Comment

Here are some possible scenarios:

A pub person ZH gets a help call. For him staff feels like a change to help others. He'll do everything he can to help. If he is unable to help he'll consult higher staff or something. He'll just keep hosting and hosting after he gets the ER tag. Maybe he'll also sacrifice his spare time to code some bots.

An elim whiner vet wannabe ZH gets a help call. First he'll make fun of the newbie who used ?help and then he'll say something stupid like "KTHXNEWBIEIGNORED". For him staff is just looking cool and making other assholes jealous. After few months he'll quit/get axed or suck up to get ER. Then he'll just keep bragging about how he is so cool for being in staff without doing any ER work. His daily rituals will be afking and abusing.

-

What kind of person would you like to be helped by?
          Originally posted by Diakka
          Lets stop being lil bitches

Comment

Originally posted by za gophar
            jibberish $

anyway, fuck bh822. there was a great game of warzone going, about 1 million points jackpot, and the fucker switch freqs every time one freq started beating the other. i threw a lot of insults at him but he didnt say nothin. then i tk him with a jav and he's all "do it again and ill ban you " not even in red text. i would have tked him again but he started acting like he was afk in the safezone or something.
            Let me get this straight, first you abuse him. And he does nothing, not even talks back. Then you tk him on purpose and he doesn't even give you an official warn. WOW WHAT AN ASSHOLE.

Just to have it said, BH is he person who had the record of points in WZ. He had like 2x as much as second place, and one day some gay staffer just reset his scores to be an asshole. Gee, I wonder why he wants his points back.
            Da1andonly> man this youghurt only made me angry

5:ph> n0ah will dangle from a helicopter ladder and just reduce the landscape to ashes by sweeping his beard across it

Comment

Can I just throw into this argument the factors of: 'do it in their own free time', 'volunatary', 'doing you a favour', 'KJW has never ever made a single recommendation in his life' and 'if not a good staff member now, they will always learn and become a decent staff member, its not hard'.
              Last edited by ZeUs!!; 07-02-2003, 01:23 PM.
              Originally posted by Facetious
              edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

Originally posted by Noah
                Downdraft, I like you and you hang on my chat, but still...

Kinda sad to see you bashing on JDM37, him and BH822 has brought ALOT of ppl into this game. Thought them how to behave, how to play and they have inifinite pacience with the newbs who come to learn. These ppl are the only 2 I know that bothers to take so good care of new ppl and show them around.

Example of player they've helped alot: Me!

JDM37 for ER!
                He deserves it more than you can imagine.
                So don't bash on him without knowing all the facts
                got it all wrong man. im here pointing out stuff that im against with maybe i did wrong in pointing out names but the point remains: u know him, he helped u, yet tw population cant be measured by one's point of view. for me this person is completly unknow sry. thats a negative thing in a staffer

on the other hand, looks like i do have to apologize since apparently he actually has staff material. had no idea for me he is totally new. sry
                The steps of life are easily forgotten by those who climb the ladder.

Comment

Originally posted by Eeks
                  Here are some possible scenarios:

A pub person ZH gets a help call. For him staff feels like a change to help others. He'll do everything he can to help. If he is unable to help he'll consult higher staff or something. He'll just keep hosting and hosting after he gets the ER tag. Maybe he'll also sacrifice his spare time to code some bots.

An elim whiner vet wannabe ZH gets a help call. First he'll make fun of the newbie who used ?help and then he'll say something stupid like "KTHXNEWBIEIGNORED". For him staff is just looking cool and making other assholes jealous. After few months he'll quit/get axed or suck up to get ER. Then he'll just keep bragging about how he is so cool for being in staff without doing any ER work. His daily rituals will be afking and abusing.

-

What kind of person would you like to be helped by?
                  1. "if he is unable to help" well, thats cuz he's new. meep! nice try zh!

2. true. that's y only active, mature and friendly vets should be staff. meep! nice try newbish zh!
                  (¯`*•.¸,¤°´'`°¤,¸.•*´¯)
                  \~~~~~~~•.•~~~~~~~/
                  << evoce >>
                  /~~~~~~~.•.~~~~~~~\
                  (_¸.•*´'`°¤¸¸¤°´'`*•.¸_)

Comment

... So staff should only consist of people you yourself know?

And can we get past this Paladen=staff hang-up already? I mean, does it really matter? If Downdraft freely admits earlier that he doesn't consider Paladen to be a good squad. By that logic, people don't join Paladen to be competitive. It does however give people there a chance to get to know these new players better, and by Downdraft's own logic, staffers should only be people who others recognize as being good people and are judged to be good potential staffers. The last time I checked, Paladen members are also a part of the community, so they fit that part of Downdraft's requirements for new staff screening.

Now, to truly evaluate this staff squad theory, we need to look at a couple of things. Firstly, we should examine the work of staffers who were once Paladen members before becoming staff. If their records are spotless and show exemplary work, then we haven't much to complain about. If there is a strong tendency towards work apathy, errors or abuse, then there is. The second thing we have to look at is if Paladen as a squad has benefited in any way due to staff presence. Have they gotten any perks in league matches? Have they had staffers look the other way when they break rules? If not, then once again, we have little to really complain about.

And yes, I know, that there probably will be cases where things don't look on the up and up, with an occassional instance of wrong-doings. We must also not forget perspective. If there is for example a couple of instances, we must remember the scale relative to the size of the squad, compared to the rate of similar instances with staff members of smaller squads. If the numbers are statistically similar, then we still have little to take issue with.

Of course, there will be those who see this post and say things like: "get a life" or "stop taking it so seriously". To those people, I would like to say they should repeat the same to Downdraft, because we're doing similar stuff, only I am asking for actual proof of whether or not there is even a problem. Until some qualitative evidence shows up, no arguments hold any water.

Comment

and btw, if staff would like to know real staff-material they should have a look at McZonk. he was the one who helped myth out with the twd-site by telling him about the huge security-holes it has. all he got was a cheap "thx". things r weird....

Edit: the security-holes r still there. gj
                      (¯`*•.¸,¤°´'`°¤,¸.•*´¯)
                      \~~~~~~~•.•~~~~~~~/
                      << evoce >>
                      /~~~~~~~.•.~~~~~~~\
                      (_¸.•*´'`°¤¸¸¤°´'`*•.¸_)

Comment

Not many people knew me before I came staff,

But, most guys on staff do a good job.

If they went around acting like newbies (or ask iceStorm for training jk buddy) like they might have been before staff, axe them. But most don't.
                        EvoLd> Roboqueen died again?
                        cool koen> :)
                        PRiMORDiAL> pfft
                        cool koen> not because of a bug
                        EvoLd> Lol
                        Treachery> meh
                        EvoLd> why then?
                        PubAceR> women in power dont last
                        EvoLd> LOl
                        toaster oven reviews

Comment

Originally posted by Downdraft
                          got it all wrong man. im here pointing out stuff that im against with maybe i did wrong in pointing out names but the point remains: u know him, he helped u, yet tw population cant be measured by one's point of view. for me this person is completly unknow sry. thats a negative thing in a staffer

on the other hand, looks like i do have to apologize since apparently he actually has staff material. had no idea for me he is totally new. sry
                          I'm like 1 of 50.. there's alot of ppl that were "brought up" in STONERZ.. reason cuz you never have heard of them is that they take no credit for it, and remain nameless.. annoyed me to see ppl go opposite way on them
                          Da1andonly> man this youghurt only made me angry

5:ph> n0ah will dangle from a helicopter ladder and just reduce the landscape to ashes by sweeping his beard across it

Comment

lol.....even thought i dont know alot of the staffs, but they seem nice to me most of the time
                            Let me die

Comment

Originally posted by Evoce
                              1. "if he is unable to help" well, thats cuz he's new. meep! nice try zh!

2. true. that's y only active, mature and friendly vets should be staff. meep! nice try newbish zh!
                              I'm sure there are some silent people who play pubs and have been playing in the zone for years.
                              Originally posted by Diakka
                              Lets stop being lil bitches

Comment

Just to have it said, BH is he person who had the record of points in WZ. He had like 2x as much as second place, and one day some gay staffer just reset his scores to be an asshole. Gee, I wonder why he wants his points back.
                                how long ago was this record held? cause after the game we played where i was getting pissed at all the freq switchers and tking he had about 7 million points. i am kind of guessing that that was before he got his score reset (oh and by the way, i gave a ?help call requesting that his score get reset HAHAHA). even so, all he had to do was pm me back "im trying to get points back cause some ass reset my score." I still would have disaproved though, but whatever.

Let me get this straight, first you abuse him. And he does nothing, not even talks back. Then you tk him on purpose and he doesn't even give you an official warn. WOW WHAT AN ASSHOLE.
                                nah, u didnt get it straight. first he switched freqs about 8 times, then i abuse him, and he does nothing, not even talks back. then i tk him on purpose and he doesn't even give me an official warn. WOW WHAT AN ASSHOLE. (putting a smiley on a warning to me after i had abused him so much kind of pissed me off)
                                Last edited by za gophar; 06-30-2003, 09:57 PM.
                                Ripper>cant pee with a hard on
                                apt>yes u can wtf
                                apt>you need to clear the pipes after a nice masturbation
                                apt>i just put myself in a wierd position
                                apt>so i dont miss the toilet
                                Ripper>but after u masterbaition it usually goes down
                                apt>na
                                apt>ill show you pictures
                                apt>next time I masturbate

Comment

Working...
                                X