No announcement yet.

An Idea from lemoniac

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heh, just because I'm English and like football doesn't automatically make me a football hooligan, I haven't even been in a fight at a ground yet
    Originally posted by Facetious
    edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

Ipswitch = relegation.

Fight me!
      Last edited by ConcreteSchlyrd; 07-08-2007, 05:51 PM.
      Music and medicine, I'm living in a place where they overlap.

Comment

Originally posted by ZeUs!!
        What an original idea
        why thank you
        Originally posted by paradise!
        pretty sure the flu is just bacteria found everywhere, just during the winter our immune systems are at its lowest, thus the bacteria aren't exactly killed off.
        1:Reaver> HALP
        1:Reaver> HELELP
        1:Reaver> SAW CRANS MOM NAKED
        1:Reaver> HELP YOU DUMB FUCKS

Comment

What we really need is a Mario world cup... Think about it.

Comment

mario world cup :/ ...err cool. I think the world cup idea for WB, Jav and Spider would be cool. Let's be crazy and have an olympics! With all the above stuff but with terrier racing, Lev shooting ranges, Obsticle courses with countries competing against one another. I'll admit it would be a bitch to set up and run but....

Comment

Originally posted by ConcreteSchlyrd
              Ipswitch = relegation.

Fight me!
              Oh yeah, and Lennon = World Class? At least we've won the UEFA Cup!
              Last edited by ConcreteSchlyrd; 07-08-2007, 05:51 PM.

Comment

omg lemon posting, FLAMES FLAMES FLAMES, DIDIDIDIDDDIDIDUDUDUDUDUDUDIDIDIDIDIDUDUDUDUDUDU

Comment

the countries idea is bad

Comment

Originally posted by ZeUs!!
                    Oh yeah, and Lennon = World Class? At least we've won the UEFA Cup!

^^World Class.

Don't hate on a Protestant, dogg.
                    Music and medicine, I'm living in a place where they overlap.

Comment

This should be a month long tournament. Instead of making teams based on countries or continents, people should be able to register their own teams. Lets say we get 16/32 teams. 16x5 = 80, 32x5 = 160. The first weekend is preliminaries. If 16 teams, then only 1 game that weekend, if 32, then 2 games that weekend. That'll get it down to 8 teams. Then a simple bracket to top it off. 8->4->2->1. Should be fairly easy to organize, as most of the design can be borrowed from various places.

Knowing that no leagues/tournaments ever take off without staff support, a "new" league/tournament system can be made: TWT. Trench Wars Tournaments. I know this name was used before, but I think that it works in this case.

Actually, now that I think about it... You can make this into something really cool. A one month long single-elimination tournament system. You can make it as the in-between to TWL and TWD. Meaning, this is just a system of running squad tournaments. You can make it into a seperate tournament-league (1 month long tournaments, 12x a year), or use it to determine who gets into TWL (4 spots, 4 defending teams, 4 challengers... top 4 teams in tournament go to TWL), or for running custom tournaments (1 month long PUG (pick up game, not squad affiliated) tournaments).

Basically, it'll be a more structurally organized TWD, or something. Lemme know what you guys think.

Wow, I really strayed from my original thought, but whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by ConcreteSchlyrd
                        [IMG]Don't hate on a Protestant, dogg.
                        I'm not sectarian, I've got a 10 year old Celtic shirt in the loft somewhere, however you want to see world class?:

<Went searching for photos of the super blues... then realised we'd sold all our best players>

Comment

What difference would that be from what people already do with their squads in TWD?

Comment

Blackburn Rovers FC = Hopeless

dont support footy that much but i watch all the major games

Comment

TWD = Ladder.
                              my TWT = tournament.

Remember back during the first TWEL, they hosted tournaments. However, those tournaments "counted" and were recorded into TWEL stats.

Basically, its just another title to fight over. Instead of having 3-4 month long TWLs, this will be a single-elimination tournament system that can run once every 4 weeks. My problem with TWL is that "good" matches appear very rarely (maybe 2-3 "good" teams per conference... 2-3 "good" games for 3-4 months... 1 "good" game a month ). The thing that I am suggesting is going to basically be (being honest here), the same squads as TWL Playoffs, only once a month and having less weight, but a lot of competition.

I think a 16 squad tourny would work rather well. There are about 8 or so "competetive" squads around... this will give them something to do. It'll also give 8 newer squads a chance to prove themselves.

Comment

The problem there is that it lacks any real innovation. It sounds like another love-in for skilled squads and any lesser squads who want an opportunity to run with the big dogs.

Comment

Working...
                                X