The Truth About Racism And Staff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Truth About Racism And Staff

Today, TopGod was banned for saying the word "jew," just the damn word jew? I dont know for sure because I wasn't there when it occurred, but I was there when he told me and he got banned.

I dont care anymore if staff is abusing their 2d spaceship powers or not, I just dont want staff acting like some sort of internerd gang, TW doesnt need babysitters nor policing, play the damn game.
    The player with the biggest nuts.

- destroy

agreed

Comment

i agree but Top is old enuff to know how staff is ran and how staff does things..and that he'd be banned/warned for saying jew unless of course its hoju who we call "hojew" or something of that nature..but if he calls someone a jew its racist atleast in some ppl's mind..same as saying "niq"
      _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

actually, cig, it was.

i always call hoju hojew or just jew...

every single time, staff warns me for it...

idiots

but, i got banned for telling destroy what happened

turns out they have a bot that logs every single time you say the word jew. i was telling destroy about it and i got banned without a warning.

aparantely, staff has completely gone the way of the nazi now. priitk can say ni**er and get away with it and i cant even call hoju jew. since when is the word jew banned? honestly, wtf are they thinking... if you are a staff member, please explain to me how this helps make TW a better zone.

honestly... what are they thinking? by the way, in protest, im proposing that we hold a discussion on the merits of being jewish in TW on the day of my unbanning.

ever wonder why the word jew is banned, but christ isnt? and god isnt? gg hypocrit staff, staff is the racist one here, not me

Comment

I don't find the word Jew racist at all, it's a word. I hope you don't ban me for saying Muslim or Christian.
          EvoLd> Roboqueen died again?
          cool koen> :)
          PRiMORDiAL> pfft
          cool koen> not because of a bug
          EvoLd> Lol
          Treachery> meh
          EvoLd> why then?
          PubAceR> women in power dont last
          EvoLd> LOl
          toaster oven reviews

Comment

I also think its really ridiculous to ban people for saying the word jew and so on but my dear old dogpot, this quote is just funny

Originally posted by TopGod

i always call hoju hojew or just jew...

every single time, staff warns me for it...

Since you know they warn you for it, why dont you stop? if you think its wrong try to start a discussion (like the one you want to have no maybe, I dont know) instead of getting banned for it by acting a lil bit.... stupid
            Originally posted by Tyson
            There is no such thing as hoologians there are only football supporters.
            Originally posted by HeavenSent
            Hello? Ever tried to show a Muslim a picture of Mohammed? I dare anyone to try. You will die.
            Originally posted by Izor
            Women should never be working in the first place.

Comment

Seeing how a lot of people got banned for racism lately I'd say we still need babysitters, some people just aren't mature enough yet to watch what they are saying. Sad but true.
              Retired SSCU Trenchwars Head Sysop

1:24> they'd rather add afks than me
              24 is in for Freq 1 as a Warbird.
              1:M_M God> gg

help: (renzi) (Public 33): is it possible for a washing machine to cause a wireless connection to lag?

Candy King, -C4L-

Comment

Originally posted by dimboy2
                I don't find the word Jew racist at all, it's a word. I hope you don't ban me for saying Muslim or Christian.
                If you use the words to replace "newb", then yes you will be banned.

Comment

U FUCKING CHRISTIAN!!!

i wont get banned for that now will i?

being a jew is as "bad" as being a christian" or an atheist...

its all part of a thing u might believe in...

DAMN CATHOLICS!!

... in that way, insulting the pope for a manwhore would get us banned too? or .................

u get the idea... jew christian catholic boeddhist... its all the same...
                  Trench Wars Moderator
                  TW Gallery Admin
                  TWEL Operator
                  aka ronaldo

Comment

I can see where both sides are coming from. I can understand the want to cut down on racist remarks, but this is getting ridiculous. Why doesnt TW look at the other popular zones and watch how they deal with racism? I just did this for arguments sake, not to be racist. I entered Chaos zone and said the word "N*g" which is, of course, a racial slur. I was politely PM'd (not warned in BIG RED SCARY LETTERS) by one of the mods and he typed something that went something very similar to this:

Moderator> Hello there, can you please try to keep the racial slurs to a minimum? I know people can get on your nerves in this game, just try to keep the racist remarks out, thank you

I think TW should look and see how other zones handle racism, and build off of that. I believe that Chaos handles racism very well. Its rough for TopGod that he was banned. Many users are currently finding themselves banned due to this extreme crackdown. I do believe that racial slurs are wrong, but I also believe staff is going overkill with the actions they're taking. I know staff HAS to be bored with bans because the only thing that people even do anymore is occasionally slip up with a racial slur. Twister is gone along with Winhak, Lagtronic, Softice, ect. No users really cheat anymore so the only thing that staff has to ban people on is racism. Every once in a blue moon you get a user who tries to DOS hack TW, Steal Identities, Evade bans, then proper action is taken...but other than that, staff doesn't have any reason to ban people. Maybe if there was a poll posted at TW's main site that questioned wether TW's new racism rules were too harsh or not? In the end staff makes the final decesion, but I believe they should look to the users playing the game for their opinions also. Thank you for your time.

EDIT: Oh and by the way, Dest, I love that avatar. Code has the same one, its the hot shit $.
                    Last edited by Relief; 11-09-2003, 12:12 PM.
                    I hate you all.

Comment

I agree with Top, staff is racist.

Racism: Discrimination or prejudice based on race.

Have blacks and jews asked to be treated differently? Maybe instead of isolating a word, isolate the context in which the word was used.

Jews and Blacks don't need to be protected. After facing many years or persecution, you think they wouldn't be able to stand a few words?

Anyways, in this world filled with equality, defending certain races is fucktarded. (i'm aware that judism is not a race)

Can we not just ban ppl for using a questionable word but for the intent that the word was used in?

-PhroZen

Comment

I think Jew is offensive as the memories of the holocaust and the Nazi persecutions are still vivd
                        Originally posted by Facetious
                        edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

It's all in the context, homie.
                          can we please have a moment for silence for those who died from black on black violence

Comment

mantra, my point is that when i call hoju hojew or jew, im not being racist at all and yet i still get warned for it. if i was being racist, i would have no problems with it, but im not being racist, so why should i get warned/banned?

i think that staff has completely gone down the drain. they have nothing to do as bots do ALL of the work (they have a bot to answer fucking ?helps), continuum got rid of most of the cheaters, and all of the sane/respected staffers left a long time ago. so, like someone else said, they dont have anything to do, so instead of making this zone a better place and hiring less staff and/or improving the staff we have now, they just nazify the rules and make a bot to hunt down all the "racists". GJ staff.

now, i would like to know why the word "jew" is on the blacklist. if its because it is a racial slur... then you better add "azn/asian" "white" "black" "red" "yellow" to the list. if staff believes that those terms arent racist (since theyre not on the blacklist, then i guess im okay), then:
                            staff is just a bunch of <bleep> <bleep> <bleep> hating <bleep> skinned <bleep> head fucktards.
                            you get the idea. using a word doesnt make you inherintely racist, its HOW you use it. look at the last few pages of this forum. its mostly people complaining about being banned for being "racist". racist my ass. theres only one racist here, staff.

Comment

Originally posted by ZeUs!!
                              I think Jew is offensive as the memories of the holocaust and the Nazi persecutions are still vivd
                              We're not allowed to say Jew but there are people with the names: ?find=Holocast and ?find Oen Izan
                              EvoLd> Roboqueen died again?
                              cool koen> :)
                              PRiMORDiAL> pfft
                              cool koen> not because of a bug
                              EvoLd> Lol
                              Treachery> meh
                              EvoLd> why then?
                              PubAceR> women in power dont last
                              EvoLd> LOl
                              toaster oven reviews

Comment

Working...