Rent-A-Bot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rent-A-Bot

I have an idea, it's pretty good but if the zone staff liked it they could put the fine tuning on it.

Pimp out some bots to some of the players in the zone, give them power over a bot and let them host a game themselves. I think it will get a much better reaction than renting out staffers because people will enjoy using the bots and hosting games themselves. Give the bots lotsa powers so they could host any game they wanted, but also limit the #of available bots and the # of games allowed to host in a single day. You could probably make some real money for the server like this.

Another idea would be to allow TWL squads to purchase a bot, since there wouldn't be a great deal of these around maybe the squad could customize the bot to it's liking, the bot could then host TWL games in a squad's "home stadium" and idea that was brought up last season for leagues (Epi).

Staff could look at this however they want, but I think it would be pretty cool to have a bot that does what you want it to do, I bet I would buy a TWL bot.

Edit: I got a lotta details in mind for this idea, but I don't feel like writing them all out
    Mayo Inc. - We should change god's name to "Tod"... see if there's any followers. - Mattey

This seems like a good idea.

I know that some squads that I have been in would have liked to do something like that making it so that there is sort of a home field advantage.

Also i think that the prospect of being an ER for an hour or whatever also will attract people.

Good ideas Mayo

Comment

It's a good idea if you can think of a way to make it impossible for players to abuse the power they paid for. Because i'm sure people would abuse the power if they had it.
      Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
      Message has been sent to online moderators
      2:BLeeN> veh yes
      (Overstrand)>no
      2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
      2:BLeeN> ok then no
      :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
      (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

If I ever adopt a bot, I would name it Mayo in honor of you, Mayo.
        can we please have a moment for silence for those who died from black on black violence

Comment

Something good afterall...gj Mayo...
          I didnt know that you were able to think clearly, but you surprised me...you made me proud...<sniff>
          I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal...

Comment

Best fundraising idea I've heard.
            EvoLd> Roboqueen died again?
            cool koen> :)
            PRiMORDiAL> pfft
            cool koen> not because of a bug
            EvoLd> Lol
            Treachery> meh
            EvoLd> why then?
            PubAceR> women in power dont last
            EvoLd> LOl
            toaster oven reviews

Comment

thumbs up. i know what im getting for christmas.
              NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Originally posted by Jerome Scuggs
                thumbs up. i know what im getting for christmas.
                a new pillow $$$
                I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal...

Comment

Originally posted by Under Dog
                  It's a good idea if you can think of a way to make it impossible for players to abuse the power they paid for. Because i'm sure people would abuse the power if they had it.
                  Can't it also come out with "small print" attached to the bot ^_^ Rules and such.. like using too many arena msgs or abusing change ship or spamming a zone msg, it will ban them immediately.

Comment

If this idea was to be enacted, the powers would have to be given sparingly (like to the few nonstaffers that can start ?go base).
                    5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
                    5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
                    5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

Any staffer care to give thoughts on this?
                      Mayo Inc. - We should change god's name to "Tod"... see if there's any followers. - Mattey

Comment

Money = power, i like it

Comment

I think its a good idea but upper staff are always very touchy about handing out power and rightly so. If this were to happen a whole new bot will be made which requires time, and more importantly, effort.
                          Originally posted by Facetious
                          edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

I personally really like this idea. Wonderful thought about a way to positively raise money for the server. It would appeal to a numerous # of people.

Of course there would be concerns of restricting what can be done with it, but that wouldn't be too hard if limited to just 1 arena. ie: a squad arena

Once again good idea, maybe something can be done along these lines, then again we'll have to see.
                            TWLB Champion Season 1 (Light)
                            TWLD Champion Season 6/7 (Elusive/Syndicate)
                            TWLJ Champion Season 7 (Syndicate)

1 of the first 2 to get all 3. (Fireballz is other)

Comment

Regular Bots:
                              Give them power to host like 7-8 games, once an hour, and give them a *zone too, also give them *arena's for the person who's renting the bot. If people run the game wrong, the other players would use ?cheater calls to let staff know about the misuse of power.

Squad Bots:
                              Custom name, squad and banner. Customize the dialogue the bot uses ex: Pallies wins this game, mother fuckers. (It'll probably be censored or something). Give them the power to host TWL/TWD games in a custom squad arena.

Comment

Working...
                              X