No announcement yet.

What do you look for in a squad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When im squadless mostly i get getting ordered by tera and eddie to join the same squad thats becouse we are real life friends but Situated in Night right now with Tera being inactive and eddie being kicked out i will stay there and see how we will do this season. If im squadless i would like a good competitive squad with same skills as me so im not only one with a good rec that has to make the difference in the win or loss i have to like the players and i dont want whiners in the squad
    admit it

I'm hot

twlj champ season 8
    twlb champ season 8 10 11
    twdtj champ season 3

Comment

I just don't want a squad that cares too much about stuff. Imean, winning is aight, but when yall lose, it shouldnt be all like "omg lets blame each other" and stuff like that. I really liked STONERZ, but then realized i wanted to twd.

anyway the only one on a-s that seems to care alot is brook. the rest of us be chillin at the holidae inn.
      TelCat> i am a slut not a hoe
      TelCat> hoes get paid :(
      TelCat> i dont

Comment

I was on squads before which lacked any sort of organization or stability. I tried to help, but I was just a ignored. I got fed up, and just created my own squad back in late-june/2003.

It was tough at first, but I was able to recruit a great group of friends and most of us sticked together ever since.

My goal was to create a squad with 50% Social - 50% competitive balance. This of course is not easy, cause when you want to be competitive you have to make hard choices. But on the other hand if you are too friendly and let everything go, chaos results.

At first, many of us all started with the same amount of experience and we worked hard to improve our skill level. We had no one to sit down and show us everything about how to be competitive in twdd; we had to do our own digging for information and learn the hard way.

As general rule on my squad, we are to act classy..... like don't trashtalk after matches, to accept loses and not be sore losers.
        EGOTISTICAL behavior is not tolerated, I have seen this when I was on other squads.

The main thing in a squad, is that all fellow squad mates have compatible personalities, and have fun.

**What I wrote above is what I look for in a squad, so I created what I looked for... now my voice is not ignored and have a say in improving our squad environment.

There is some well organized squads out there; but I found most of them unfriendly or snobby.

Yep, as Eph said... try to gather a group of desparate people and try to make a home in this fun gaming world or improve our skill level..etc Way at the beginning I experimented on training new players to get them to atleast average skill level within 1 month. I always encourage more experienced squad mates to help less experienced squad mates. On other squads I didn't see training up efforts at all.

But I know other well organized squads do this as well to some extent so I heard.

And the squads that are friendly, are usually new player squads looking for anyone and most cases don't seem to last long. But on rare occasions, some of these squads survive and have some sort of organization/direction.

I have much respect for squads like British Squad and No Surrender... these squads are atleast 4+ years old and value the wisdom I gained from chatting with some of their squadmates.

Well good luck to others looking for your ideal squad, just remember no squad is 100% perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by Nickname
          it's no different from there friends chat, or from them talking to people in particular.

(what I mean is, it's exactly what you except - they're not saving the best jokes just for them...this really didn't make as much sense as it did in my head)
          Yeah but how many of you have heard scuzzy sureshot on the radio? I rest my case.

Comment

When I look at a squad, I wanna see the same structure as in a well organized tribe...

Like..

Sex among the members, I really dislike the shy individuals that blame headaches etc to avoid group activities..

Good leadership, someone who can take charge of the sex games, this person should be a "vet" too, have good experiences in positioning when the games beginns..

Also, every squad/tribe needs a handy man, someone that can distribute condoms etc in the heat of the matches..

And having some weaks individuals that can clean up our tools after the games is also a smart move..

Hope this helps!!
            $$$

Comment

Sudden 4 Veloce
              Jacklyn> i'm not here right now, leave ur phone number address and directions to your house, where you keep your money and what time youre not home and i will get Right back to you

Comment

Nah. Squads are ez these days.
                http://www.iownjoo.com/freeimghost/l...ature copy.gif
                ^^^ My new sig i wasted 10 minutes of my life making! W00tz for mE! :D:cool:

I am Plasma.

Last edited by abrasion about 150 times because he can't fucking type.

Comment

I can't say I have a whole lot of experience knowing what I look for in a squad because I've only ever really been on one. But if that weren't the case, I think it'd be maturity, a sense of humor, stability, people who know when to not take the game seriously, and a squad that exists beyond leagues and competetive play weather they be winning or losing.

Comment

Originally posted by Sudden
                    When I look at a squad, I wanna see the same structure as in a well organized tribe...

Also, every squad/tribe needs a handy man, someone that can distribute condoms etc in the heat of the matches..
                    They use condom in African tribes nowadays? That explains why so many african children are dying from starvation

Originally posted by arrogance
                    ... people who know when to not take the game seriously, and a squad that exists beyond leagues and competetive play weather they be winning or losing.
                    I heard that you axed half of your squadmates after you last TWLB match. Either that was true or someone in A-S was a lying donkey!
                    Wont die, no surrender 2

Comment

Originally posted by Nickname
                      ... either Stone or Anti-Scrub had the worst
                      Depends on the time of the day ... A-S chat can be fun when Erathia and Bam are on.
                      Wont die, no surrender 2

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy Weasel
                        Yeah but how many of you have heard scuzzy sureshot on the radio? I rest my case.
                        Scuzzy is a darn funny man - i haven't heard him on the radio yet though (sadly)

EDIT:Telcat, thats when it's not fun.
                        The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
                        All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

Good points Arrogance and Sudden....

Regards to win or lose, maybe when when your squad loses its a good test/indicator to watch how some squad mates react.

But I always noticed some squad mates show these emotions depending on match results - morale level: win = euphoric/happy ; lose = depressed/sad

One of squad mates said anyone who shows an emotion after a match result is the first indicator you don't have a life. I can't lie, I do feel some sort of emotion after a match...but if I get angry when I lose, I don't resort to trash talking...that just being a sore loser. Oh well I guess I don't have a life, I show emotion..lol Of course it depends on our perspective what life really is? I'm not a robot, so its hard to bottle up my emotions completely.

In some cases, some squad mates will leave your squad if you lose. I like to be with squad mates who don't even get phased by the results; ok if we lose, we lose now lets learn from it and move on.

Anyhow to keep on topic, this is what I look for in a squad; members who stick together thru thick or thin...beyond the match.

Comment

Originally posted by TelC@t
                            They use condom in African tribes nowadays? That explains why so many african children are dying from starvation

I heard that you axed half of your squadmates after you last TWLB match. Either that was true or someone in A-S was a lying donkey!
                            Or maybe you're a misinformed dolt?
                            5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
                            5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
                            5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

I look for immaturity, racism, sadism, a willingness to break the rules, the acknowledgement that subspace is retarded and trench wars is even more retarded, a laid back attitude and the ability to win league matches.
                              'vet' is the new 'newb'.
                              sit ez vet, sit.

Comment

That couldn't possibly be the truth!

EDIT: Dadnabbit, Louis jacked my message position.
                                Music and medicine, I'm living in a place where they overlap.

Comment

Working...
                                X