What do you look for in a squad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jason,

I can only share with you my personal experiences from joining Spastic until this point since Spastic is what I would call my first squad EVER (note I spent some time on NS and was on loan to Inc).

I got to know about Spastic since a personal friend was on the squad. I think this was a major pt since I could find someone REAL to relate to within the SS community. I trust this friend and his feelings were that Spastic was a decent squad. I really didn't talk to the members much when I was accepted into Spastic since I had just entered the world of TW. In fact, when I was told I would be accepted, and waited 1 or 2 weeks before I squadjoined and went to their chat. So for 2 weeks they already knew I was joining them (my word is bond so it wasn't like I was looking for other squads during this time).

I remember that my initial reaction was favorable ... there will always be certain ppl you hit it off with immediately, and those that are less receptive or perhaps annoying. However, in general, all the Spastic members welcomed me warmly (which I appreciate greatly ... ty PL, eggs, space, kid, cpt, mog everyone else). Over the next few weeks we began playing a lot of basing and a lil LTing on the side. I think something I really found out about Spastic was that it was a team that was competitive, but not only that, wanted to PROVE something. I think we really motivated each other to prac together as a team ... and we made the emphasis on the TEAM. If there were any praises we shared it with everyone on the chat. If there were some criticisms it would be pmed to a particular or said on chat if it was necessary. No matter what happened however, win or lose, we supported each other. We may not have always agreed with decisions, but we were always open to input from all the members. I remember after a week or two, I asked everyone who the cap of Spastic was. And our team sorta got into a discussion of how Spastic doesn't really have a cap persay (we joke around about Spastic_Owner being the mysterious "Boss" of Spastic ... ?squadowner Spastic). There definitely were problems within our squad ... like would we jav in basing? ... who would play what ships? ... etc. It wasn't like we didn't have disagreements and fights. However, all these conflicts were always put into the perspective of having fun and PLAYING SS to enjoy the game and our teammates.

It may sound cheesy, but I think I really got to know some of these guys on Spastic fairly well, or as well as you can get to know an onling friend. For example, nowadays we call each other by our REAL first names (hi Dave, Martin, Mike, Adrian (sp?)hehe). We even talk to each other on AIM or outside of SS.

I can take a guess on why I think Spastic was a great experience for me: 1) we focused on playing the game 2) competition was always balanced by having fun and LTing =D 3) we loved playing as a team ... that's why we based =) 4) our members were on the avg, fairly old and mature ppl ... even the younger ones ACTED pretty mature 5) a lot of problems were out in the open and discussed w/o outbursts of rage etc. 6) we were committed to doing well in TWD and TWLB (we had to make it INTO TWLB first) 7) the friendship extended beyond the SS world and into real life

Sry it was so long ... but I hope you got something outta it.

Thanks Spasticattes ... much love. Gluck in TWLB and may LT roams free once again =D.

Comment

Originally posted by Tera
      Nier ???????????
      Tera, your stupidity is yet to drop.
      http://www.iownjoo.com/freeimghost/l...ature copy.gif
      ^^^ My new sig i wasted 10 minutes of my life making! W00tz for mE! :D:cool:

I am Plasma.

Last edited by abrasion about 150 times because he can't fucking type.

Comment

Before joining DragonGuard, all I wanted was a squad to practice in. Now I'm in it, it seems to be really picking up. Our competitive drive is unquenchable, and we're getting better everyday. Some of you may remember me as a foul-mouthed trashtalker from back in the day, but now when I lose I actually think of how to improve rather than argue senseless gibberish with the people that BEAT me. Now, I only trashtalk retarded people. Even that is slowing down, too.

DG is a fun squad with a competitive twist. Not for the average TW'er, but it's definately for someone interested in being a better Trencher as well as a better WB. Primarily, we're WBs, but we are trying to get some Javers in now to jumpstart our JDs. As far as BDs go, we don't put much emphasis on them, we play them from time to time whenever we feel like it.

Lots of awesome people on the roster, too! Good times had by all.
        Save a tree; eat a beaver

1:Mefesto> king let me say you something
        1:Mefesto> you are a soon of a biatch with retarded face like nostra damus and you got a hump on your dick

WHY TALK SHIT WHEN YOU ALREADY MAKE IT?!

Comment

Originally posted by Stabwound
          1) Must play base primarily and be good at it.
          2) No assholes. I'm particularly in favour of Pure_Luck's "No assholes allowed" policy for Spastic.
          3) Must not hate anyone that's on the squad. This works fairly well with rule #2.
          4) Great chat. WR has to be the funniest chat I've been on. =)
          5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
          5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
          5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

It just needs to have an awesome name.
            can we please have a moment for silence for those who died from black on black violence

Comment

That's why RyanG joined .-=*^#(GUY)#^*=-.
              Music and medicine, I'm living in a place where they overlap.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason
                You guys are confusing Ephemeral with Epinephrine.
                Whoops, sry about that
                My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Fit of Rage
                  4) Great chat. WR has to be the funniest chat I've been on. =)
                  This man speaks the truth. Remember when Tobe said "this is his g/f" and we busted his poor ass forever? :]
                  jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

1:BLeeN> well well, even turbo is here
                    1:Turbonium> this is his girlfriend
                    1:arrogance> hahaha
                    1:disco Jesus> haha turb
                    1:arrogance> yeah right!
                    1:malladrin <ZH>> hahaha
                    1:Banjo> hahaha everyone's laughing at him
                    1:BLeeN> yeah ofcourse
                    5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
                    5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
                    5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

i have a website with hundreds of these...

Comment

Originally posted by ZeUs!!
                        Good chat is very important
                        If nothing else I want to just listen in on the pallies squad chat.

Comment

Sk8 has everything I'll ever need.. Downdraft
                          sigpic
                          What is even the elblow?

Comment

1. Basing squad. Don't acre if it duels too as long as basing comes first.
                            2. Stable. I've never left a squad until it has dissolved.
                            3. Friendly, devoted members
                            4. Winning is always fun too
                            5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
                            5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
                            5: Da1andonly> =((
                            5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
                            5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
                            5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

Originally posted by Exotic
                              i have a website with hundreds of these...

oh god, another Stabwound

Comment

Originally posted by Torn Wing
                                If nothing else I want to just listen in on the pallies squad chat.
                                it's no different from there friends chat, or from them talking to people in particular.

(what I mean is, it's exactly what you except - they're not saving the best jokes just for them...this really didn't make as much sense as it did in my head)

EDIT: I made two posts into one.

I think Cripples had the best ever chat that i've been on. and either Stone or Anti-Scrub had the worst (probably stone because i don't speak finnish)

(and i'm talking mid-school cripples, not new school that there is now but back when lou and wix ran the show, with eph ross thundermare aprix arsen rip decoy and the like)
                                Last edited by Nickname; 01-09-2004, 02:58 AM.
                                The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
                                All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

Working...
                                X