No announcement yet.

Private Freqs in pure pub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If we tell our freq we're going to bomb left side of lower to shrap the enemy and they walk into the bomb its their fault. It's not like they don't know it's coming. Their fault for being dipshits.

Oh yeah and Rudy, for someone who has never killed my turrets, you talk a lot of shit. Too bad knowing the enemy is only half the battle..the other half is skill, and you get a failing grade.
    I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
    I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

Originally posted by bounty*killer
      what are you talkin bout 1?

troll your post makes no sense.

ive seen condit tk 10 times in a row and laugh about it and brag

is he ever banned? no

gg
      I didn't realize you needed help to connect the dots. Here you go then:

Firstly, you said in your previous post that one needs to get warned first and then banned, so obviously more than one TK will be required.

Secondly, we're looking at a future situation in which you guys won't be able to SharkTerr on a private freq, so the people you've been trying to annoy are also the ones who will get TK'ed. I don't think they'll laugh things off quite so easily.

And thirdly, considering how many people you seem so happy to upset, if all these guys start doing ?cheater calls you'll bet you guys will get taken care of.

Was that easier for you to digest, or would you like me to draw you a diagram?

As for Izor's last post, telling people you're going to fire at a certain spot doesn't mean it's not your fault if you tk someone there. In fact, if you guys achieve your goal of pissing people off, I'm sure that some folks might actually leap into the way of your shots just so mods can observe you tking.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarien
        I'm not entirely sure about that.
        Most likely the second pure pub will allow the people
        that want to play with those settings but keep getting
        stuck out in regular pubs someplace to go in the interim.
        Everyone knows that top of the list pure pub will contain
        the better basers, and will be the first arena people
        try to get into. The second will be mostly an
        "Ahh.. damn.. full still.. " arena, to catch the spillover,
        for the players that like the settings. My guess..
        Both will be mostly if not full to the brim until
        weee late at night.

-Sarien
        Yeah, you may well be right sarien. I just see potential downsides to it. If there is a going to be a distinction between the two pure pubs I'd prefer that one allowed priv freqs and one didn't. It would be a shame if pure pub lost private freqs just because of a few idiots.

Comment

Isn't it because of a few idiots that we even have a pure pub right now? Creating a new arena with another new set of parameters is just another stopgap solution.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll King
            Isn't it because of a few idiots that we even have a pure pub right now? Creating a new arena with another new set of parameters is just another stopgap solution.
            Sorry, i don't get your point.

Comment

Yeah about Team Killing and getting away with that. That doesnt happen anymore. You see there is "something" on staff that records all warnings that you have receieved. (Shouldn't take too much guessing to know what it is). So after a few warnings within a certain period of time you can get banned without a warning. Yeah, so your screwed. And if that isnt enough, I will personally watch pub 1 myself.
              "What is it? Um . . . what do you want it to be?" ?€”Juzba, Izzet tinker
              • Shark
              • Dicer
              • Sager
              • Trench Wars Map Uploader

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenPlums
                Sorry, i don't get your point.
                My point is that this is no different than someone asking for a new elim usage limit. All we're trying to do is ignore problems by escaping into another subset of TW. Ignoring the problem won't make it go away. Sooner or later, the same problems will occur again, and then what, we build another arena that limits the number of sharks? And another that spawns everyone in the flag room ears?

A better solution would be to focus on making regular pubs better, not by creating another seperate pub and leave the previous ones to rot.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll King
                  My point is that this is no different than someone asking for a new elim usage limit. All we're trying to do is ignore problems by escaping into another subset of TW. Ignoring the problem won't make it go away. Sooner or later, the same problems will occur again, and then what, we build another arena that limits the number of sharks? And another that spawns everyone in the flag room ears?

A better solution would be to focus on making regular pubs better, not by creating another seperate pub and leave the previous ones to rot.
                  I kind of agree with you... I think. The majority of people who play this game play in pub, yet most of the changes are made to other aspects of the game. If changes are made to pub, like having no private freqs, then it is just a stopgap solution since it is very difficult to stop people playing lame if they choose to do that. But I still don't know what you think the problems are or how they could be solved??

There is a way to tackle what i think you're talking about, but it would involve having upper staff, mods etc having enough balls to lay down the law.

Comment

Focusing on pub makes the changes "normal" or "standard". Right now, making a small change affects only a small group, and with each change, the group getting appeased gets smaller and smaller. As well, solutions that affect only the few has a negative impact on the rest. The problems magnify for the rest because those who know better or those who can do better or those who are better aren't there anymore. If you are new to Trench Wars and want to figure out how to play and everyone around you are spawners and nobody in the arena is basing, which style of play do you think you'll adopt?

The biggest problem in TW isn't the leviterrs or the vulchers or the spawn-killers or the teamkillers, etc... The problem is that people have given up on pubs. That alone amplifies all the other problems.

Comment

I agree with Troll King. I've played pubs as wb, shark, and jav and have to admit, I saw more action in wb than either of the two basing ships. Even then, when I was shark or jav, actually getting to the base was a challenge...you had to dance around the spawnkilling wbs and all around elim-type "lottery" of getting out of spawn. This alone could encourage people to just quit trying to base and go toe to toe in a wb, whether as revenge or in despair.

I think if some of the more well-known names start actually basing in a pub other than GuanoBot's realm, newbs might switch to actually basing. Then again, probably not. Easier kills are to be had with loitering in spawn area, so that might be more "fun" doing that as opposed to the challenge of basing.

Maybe a map with a smaller 'open space' and keeping the base the same size. Less room to fly around and dog fight, and more chance to get into the base with a basing ship and, well...base! Yes, I realize this may make it easier still for the spawnkilling wbs, but have staff discourage open space warfare (not enforce it, just pm some and encourage basing, which is what this particular map is supposed to be). Or, you could also make an open TWDD map for everyone to go and just have an on-going deatmatch, but, make it into a pub!

Just a few ramblings from a rambling mind.
                      Save a tree; eat a beaver

1:Mefesto> king let me say you something
                      1:Mefesto> you are a soon of a biatch with retarded face like nostra damus and you got a hump on your dick

WHY TALK SHIT WHEN YOU ALREADY MAKE IT?!

Comment

1. Your all crybabies about izors ezor ice_W and BK's sharkterring crap,, it takes no skill to avoid them.
                        2.The real problem with purepub is speccers.We gotta clean that shit up, if you could fix the spec abuse in purepub, then having mutiple purepubs could be avoided.and personally i think multiple purepubs is a bad idea.
                        3.I suck im new compared too all you leeters,, these are just my opinions.
                        4.Please PLEASE! dont take away private freqs in any pub,, its the funnest thing to hang out with a group of 5 friends and take the base in purepub, or LT in the other pubs..
                        Last edited by ajaxee; 02-23-2004, 01:48 AM.
                        work it harder make it better, do it faster, makes us stronger more than ever hour after , our work is never over

Comment

Ok I'm trying to flap this all together.

Additions/Changes to Pure Pubs
                          -Add another Pure Pub in
                          -Lessen the spectators

I will not allow ship limits. Pub is pub. Plus if someone is laying mines in "wrong" places or "too many javs" its up to the experienced players to guide/help those who are newer to the game to get better. Rather than just cursing at them.

Changes to pubs in General
                          -Having two freqs. Like people tried to get rid of LeviTerr in all pbs. I seriously doubt it will work, although we can have a half pubs 2 freqs and the rest unlimited.

Stuff the public can do
                          -PLAY IN PUBS! (stop playing ?go base for awhile)

Troll King is right, and I emphasized on this before. Pub is what you make it. So if more experienced players play, pub quality will get better I'm sure.
                          "What is it? Um . . . what do you want it to be?" ?€”Juzba, Izzet tinker
                          • Shark
                          • Dicer
                          • Sager
                          • Trench Wars Map Uploader

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm new here.
                            Pubs are just the public arenas where everyone can just
                            connect and play as they wish (without breaking any of the standard TW rules TK'ing etc). Then there are the specialized arenas, for different game types or that focus on specific game elements, that you can do in pubs. Such as Elim, Base Elim,
                            or Base or what have you.

That being established: some people don't like to base.

So what has to be decided before things are over moderated
                            etc. Is.. what are the public arenas in TW for? Basing? Dueling?
                            A mix and match of this and that for a glob of random fun?
                            If all pubs are supposed to be focused on basing, I think yes
                            work on the standard pubs. Attempt to reverse the current
                            trend: make special arenas for LT's or whatever else it is
                            that detracts from the basing. I just figured pure pub to be a
                            sort of free for all ?go base with no team picking.

-Sarien
                            "Sexy" Steve Mijalis-Gilster, IVX

Reinstate Me.

Comment

This is a free form fun game. That is what attracted me to it from the first time I played. Now it seems that certain peolpe want to control the style of game play, (the way they think it sould be played). And now some are hoping we get warned and others jump in the way of our mines to get us banned...rofl

Sounds like you guys are tryin to bend the rules to get rid of us for a few days GG

try again
                              sigpic

Comment

Uh, this wasn't a plot to destroy the free-world, last I checked. It was a suggestive thread full of good ideas. Whether they will be implemented or not is another question.
                                Save a tree; eat a beaver

1:Mefesto> king let me say you something
                                1:Mefesto> you are a soon of a biatch with retarded face like nostra damus and you got a hump on your dick

WHY TALK SHIT WHEN YOU ALREADY MAKE IT?!

Comment

Working...
                                X