Intel or AMD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh... i barely use my desktop now.
    I recently bought an external hdd from plextor, 250 Gb, 7200 rpm, its pretty decent, and you can take it anyware wich is a feature i recently started to praise a lot.
    A kiss is a rosy dot over the 'i' of loving.

Cyrano de Bergerac

Comment

Originally posted by GuruMeditation
      Re Mice : I have an MX1000. Bloody brilliant mouse. Got it for $50 and now it's about $67. If you want to plump the money up it's a great buy but really think about if you want to spend that kind of money on a mouse.

I don't like wireless keyboards and mice, so I bought the MX518.
      There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Comment

I hate wireless keyboards myself. I was nervy about wireless mice but this one really looked the bees knees.

So far it's been brilliant. The internal battery lasts quite a while, the rechargeable docking station is brilliant (and doesn't need to be plugged in for the mouse to work), the buttons are very well setup and the mouse response has been perfect. Add to that the fact it isn't a very heavy mouse (well, it's heavy compared to the Wacom but that's not exactly fair) and it's an excellent long term buy. The first mouse to break me from my old Microsoft optical (and I used that for 4 years).
        gravy_: They should do great gran tourismo
        gravy_: Electric granny chariots
        gravy_: round the nurburgring

XBL: VodkaSurprise

Comment

What? Hate wireless?

But... but... they're ingenious!

Comment

The wireless keyboard I had used to not notice I'd let go of a key and consider it was still pressed.

We had to take down our wireless network cause (we're assuming) some kids were going around trying to hack into the network. Even though they didn't get in they managed to disrupt all the local wireless networks for a few days. I monitored the networks with the PSP. There used to be 5 networks with >50% signal strength in the area. While the problems occured it'd vary from 1-2 networks available, never the same ones and with signal strength between 10-30%. Our signal here vanished for up to 10 minutes at a time and was never available for over 5 minutes.

Wireless is over rated unless you need it.

Comment

No problems here, it's just fun sometimes to zoom to 300% in Opera and then lie down in bed with the wireless keyboard and wireless + optical mouse.

Comment

And a box of tissues.

Comment

The first mouse to break me from my old Microsoft optical (and I used that for 4 years).
                  Hehe, I still got that mouse, its the grey version. At least when you google pictures the grey one will pop up, and all other sorts of weird mouses.

-> open new browser window, just in case, copy+paste -> http://www.dansdata.com/images/ieye/2mouse320.jpg. I really should buy a new one .. :> Some times it like to go berserk, sudden if you have it on the middle of the screen it might end up at some corner.
                  Endless space, endless exploration.

Comment

Mine is a little older than that I think It's not grey but whitish with grey trim. Can't believe how cheap it was at the time. It's more expensive now than it was then, how many computer components get more expensive 4 years later?

Comment

Mine is a little older than that I think It's not grey but whitish with grey trim. Can't believe how cheap it was at the time. It's more expensive now than it was then, how many computer components get more expensive 4 years later?
                      Very weird indeed, but then again, its microsoft, not really a big surprise there.. :>
                      Endless space, endless exploration.

Comment

The wireless keyboard I had used to not notice I'd let go of a key and consider it was still pressed.

We had to take down our wireless network cause (we're assuming) some kids were going around trying to hack into the network. Even though they didn't get in they managed to disrupt all the local wireless networks for a few days. I monitored the networks with the PSP. There used to be 5 networks with >50% signal strength in the area. While the problems occured it'd vary from 1-2 networks available, never the same ones and with signal strength between 10-30%. Our signal here vanished for up to 10 minutes at a time and was never available for over 5 minutes.

Wireless is over rated unless you need it.

Security is also a major issue. Mostly because people don't seem to know or care about how to secure their wireless network. Last month me and my fellow students organized a wardrive thru four major cities in the area, and we found that more than 50% of all wireless networks that we located were unsecure to varying degrees. Alot of those AP's were running their default out-of-the-box configuration. For the record, we drove thru residential, business and industrial area's.
                        There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Comment

Sounds very possible.

We secured ours as best as possible (which wasn't great protection but better than nothing) but the problem wasn't them breaking in, it was them disrupting the signal.

Either way it's not important The sooner I can improve the DSL and get a 10/100/1000 router in here the better.

Comment

Working...
                          X