No announcement yet.

MMR Data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can we just ban Jessup and live happily ever after?
    Also, I made a 65-year old drug addict cry today. HUZZAH!

Comment

need

MinutesLastAlive / GamesLastAlive

Comment

Originally posted by cubone View Post

Ask and ye shall receive. One thing BIET would have to confirm is the time zone for the datetime. It wasn't formatted in epoch so I assume it's whatever timezone he's in.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Bw5xVbL.png
Views:	326
Size:	99.8 KB
ID:	1363542

Name:	M5Y8gWB.png
Views:	311
Size:	36.5 KB
ID:	1363543

Name:	IvK3aT8.png
Views:	322
Size:	43.5 KB
ID:	1363544
        This is fantastic, cubone , thank you. I feel less guilty about pushing WB MMR now as I see there's plenty of Jav as well!

I think the timezone there is UTC/GMT as we start around 10pm UK time most evenings that I'm on, but good luck getting warbird before midnight on any day of the week.

Comment

yep that's a chart of a dead game for euros, it'll be utc

Comment

All times are indeed UTC time.

Comment

Looks to me like a bunch of straying bitches from those range stats.
              1:waven> u challenge
              1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
              Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

Originally posted by cubone View Post

Alternatively just punish the person running out the clock and void the game if nobody dies out by the end of the game. Removes all of the incentive to running away for a cheap victory and forces both sides to fight.
                It seems to happen far more often than 1 player, recurringly, according to that chart.

Therefore, a systemic improvement could help make gameplay more enjoyable in more than one use-case.

Comment

Originally posted by Riverside View Post

It seems to happen far more often than 1 player, according to that chart. Therefore, a systemic improvement could help make gameplay more enjoyable in more than one use-case.

The numbers in this chart are not proportionate to the directed individual outrage.
                  The player on the top of that list has more minutes than the next 2 highest combined, who have played over 3x the number of games. There's also the eye test. Bombed is one of the top players in terms of kills per minute and is the highest rated jav in all of MMR. I have never seen anyone complain about Bombed running out the clock because he doesn't. It's not surprising that the best players would often stay alive longer than the worse players, particularly Bombed who is often teamed up with much lower rated teammates because of his nearly 5k jav rating.

As an example, in Game 90129389, the last player on Bombed's team died out at 11:30. Based on the stats, he was the last alive for 8:31. At this time, Bombed was 10-9 and facing a 1v4. He proceeded to get 7 straight kills, which included chasing Klean-X around for 8 minutes 1v1. Bombed was averaging a kill per minute solo. We can look at this and see that clearly he's fighting.

Meanwhile, there are points for Jessup where she doesn't have a kill for minutes at the end of the game. For example, in game 90129149, Jessup was solo at 13:10. Crazy Canockout was 12-9, Spectacular was 7-9, and Tripin was 11-9. Jessup had only a single kill at 14:25 before finally dying out at 18:57. That's 4.5 minutes at the end with no kills.

As I said, statistics still need the eye test to make sense of them. There is detailed event data for every single round that shows kills, deaths, lagouts, out-of-base, etc with timestamps so you can piece together the game. Statistics are wonderful but you also need to use a little common sense and subject matter knowledge as well.

Also, forgot I added this to the table. I would say it seems to happen far more often with one player.

Name:	13joe8r.png
Views:	279
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	1363555
                  Last edited by cubone; 03-09-2023, 06:12 PM.

Comment

i wonder wat each w/l is when these players are last in

Dreamwin loves to be last in games

Comment

Maybe you could approach it differently. Yes, others are annoyed when someone takes forever and drags on the game, but that isn't convincing the player to change their play style. I'd challenge you/anyone to find the evidence that being the last one alive is just objectively worse. For example, I'd like to know the average and total amount of kills/deaths before and after they became the last one standing on their team. The biggest indicator here that it's better/worse would probably be the change in the k:d ratio.

Comment

Originally posted by BIET View Post
                        Maybe you could approach it differently. Yes, others are annoyed when someone takes forever and drags on the game, but that isn't convincing the player to change their play style. I'd challenge you/anyone to find the evidence that being the last one alive is just objectively worse. For example, I'd like to know the average and total amount of kills/deaths before and after they became the last one standing on their team. The biggest indicator here that it's better/worse would probably be the change in the k:d ratio.
                        I'm not trying to convince anyone to change their playstyle, particularly people that have played the same way for a very long time. I'm not trying to change MMR. I just wanted to look at the data and have fun with it (which is why I'm going to continue to hand out awards).

BTW any chance you can rerun your query or whatever you're using and get me updated data? I'm at 3/3 right now. Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by Sprackle View Post

Hey, before you tell me I shouldn't talk as well... here's mine!
                          MMRBot> J: 2483 Games: 8 Uncertainty: 92.0%
                          yea eh

Comment

Okay, was kind of bored and have parsed all of the event data so I have coords, times, team coords, etc for every kill/death for every game. There's a lot of data and a lot of possibilities but we'll see how motivated I remain. If anyone has a data point they are curious about, let me know and I might look into it.

I decided to look at the average distance for all deaths (in jav). This is calculated using the X and Y coords of the killer and player killed and then calculating the Euclidean distance between those points.

Dear Thesauce aka WALL-E,

It gives me great pleasure to inform you that you have been awarded the "Open Your Eyes Award" brought to you by Braille Institute. Your despicable performance in the field has set a new standard for the competition.

Your achievement of being killed from the furthest average distance away is a testament to your lack of skill, poor strategy, and various disabilities. Your ability to die at a distance is truly remarkable.

On behalf of the entire Trench Wars community, I congratulate you on this remarkable feat. Your dedication, passion, and sportsmanship are an inspiration to us all.

We look forward to seeing you continue to excel in the upcoming seasons and push the boundaries of what is possible in Trench Wars.

Once again, congratulations on this well-deserved recognition!

Sincerely,

Cubone

Name:	vEkxwHY.png
Views:	301
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	1363623

Comment

Presumably some of those bounced so that's a little optimistic.

Who got slam dunked the most?

Comment

Originally posted by Rab View Post
                                Presumably some of those bounced so that's a little optimistic.

Who got slam dunked the most?
                                Unfortunately that's as far as the statistics go. It records the X,Y coords of the killer and killed when the person dies but it isn't entirely indicative of where the shot was fired from if I understood BIET correctly. However, it's the best metric there is. I would like to map out all of the kills/deaths based on the coords but not sure if anyone has the coords of the actual arena itself. Ballpark estimate is [6590-9791, 5342-8865].

Name:	hCpU2J6.png
Views:	149
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	1363641

Comment

Working...
                                X