Is this Block Feature new in MMR??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MHz View Post

Shortening the rounds and removing OT makes running the clock a *much* more viable strategy.
    The problem is that only addresses one certain player (and it still doesn't fix that player refusing to play with their team). Block also addresses people who throw, people who are trolling, etc. Again, I don't see anything wrong with the ability to choose who you don't want to play with.

Yesterday, the block list was jessup + keith + beam + calculus. These are exactly the people you would want a block function for.

Comment

Simply adding a rule about refusing to fight (used in past TWL seasons and in elimination) would already be sufficient enough. Shorter rounds could also be a good addition.

I don't like having a block feature. It's better to let everyone play and if someone is constantly breaking rules then remove their ability to queue for a time.

Comment

Originally posted by cubone View Post

The problem is that only addresses one certain player (and it still doesn't fix that player refusing to play with their team). Block also addresses people who throw, people who are trolling, etc. Again, I don't see anything wrong with the ability to choose who you don't want to play with.

Yesterday, the block list was jessup + keith + beam + calculus. These are exactly the people you would want a block function for.
        I agree. I support the block, it's the most elegant solution to people who troll or play in an anti-social way that isn't fun for literally anybody else in the arena. The 40% threshold is a good enough safeguard against abuse.

My OP was just countering the idea that a shorter round is a better fix, when it isn't. If I'm heads up with Jessup, and she's 4-6 and I'm 14-9, I need more time to win, not less. Preferrably infinite time. I actually don't mind 1v1s vs running scrubs if I have plenty of time - it's when the clock is 2 mins and I have to close a 3 kill deficit that it's frustrating. Obviously these are the very rare games where Jessup has a chance of running to win. More often than not Jessup is left with loads of deaths in a 4v1 unwinnable situation.

Edit: Re: refusal to fight rule, this is probably more arbitrary and open to abuse tbh.
        Last edited by MHz; 03-12-2024, 05:52 PM.
        You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

I've been blocked probably 15-20 in a 3 days' time. Same trolls who play 24/7 are encouraging zone to block me before each game all for the lols. Even players like sprackle who aren't even queued typing !block jessup. It has become a troll fest as I thought. Here is a game I MVP and contributed a lot to team and still trolls decide to block me. WTF is going on with this shit? This has been a dirty tactic to basically ban me from game and waste my time so I never log on again. I promise you if I quit this feature will move onto other players too being ganged up on with this troll feature. It is truly disgusting how low staff has become in this corrupt ass game.

Me MVPing and then getting blocked.

Sprackle who holds powers encouraging people to block me to simply be the full-time troll he is. I mean look at his profile pic ffs.
          TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
          TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
          TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
          TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
          TSLD CHAMPION 2018
          TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Made wrong screenshot.. another abusive troll kangal made the cut with a screenshot too though as a result. Here is the professional troll of the zone sprackle encouraging people to block me when not even queued to play.
            TSLD CHAMPION 2018
            TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Originally posted by Jessup View Post
              Made wrong screenshot.. another abusive troll kangal made the cut with a screenshot too though as a result. Here is the professional troll of the zone sprackle encouraging people to block me when not even queued to play.
              cud u log on sir we need 1 more for 5v5 in twjd3
              Jessup> saiyan and i had steamy cyber sex once

Streak Breaker Grizzly Beam

Don't Poke the Bear.

Comment

This was my mvp and then block game. Why troll people like this? This is ridiculous and obvious trolling. I deserved to play again.
                TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

LOL
                  Good to see jessup's still at it.

#PowerToThePeople
                  Last edited by ag$; 03-13-2024, 02:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ag$ View Post
                    LOL

#PowerToThePeople
                    Damn! Who's this cutie!?!?

Comment

Originally posted by Rasaq View Post

Damn! Who's this cutie!?!?
                      Just your biggest fan brother

Comment

Originally posted by ag$ View Post
                        LOL

#PowerToThePeople
                        YOOOOOOO what's up my dude

Comment

Originally posted by Jessup View Post
                          I mean look at his profile pic ffs.
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	BGipIUv.png
Views:	166
Size:	613.5 KB
ID:	1365740

Comment

Jessup completely ignoring the fact that she had quite a few !block jessup votes in the "MVP" round.

I know you are excellent at deflecting and pretending that everyone else is the problem, but I recommend reflecting a bit and asking yourself "If 50% or more of players don't want to play with me, are they trolling or could I perhaps be the problem?".

It's pretty obvious Sprackle is not a troll. It even clearly says right under his picture "not a troll".

Comment

Originally posted by cubone View Post
                              It's pretty obvious Sprackle is not a troll. It even clearly says right under his picture "not a troll".
                              KEKW

Comment

Originally posted by Turban View Post
                                Simply adding a rule about refusing to fight (used in past TWL seasons and in elimination) would already be sufficient enough. Shorter rounds could also be a good addition.

I don't like having a block feature. It's better to let everyone play and if someone is constantly breaking rules then remove their ability to queue for a time.
                                This is the correct approach to take.

This feature is just blocking me and allowing haters to ban me from participating when I try and play for no reason other than trolling and lols. I am not doing the worst on team.. I am not running or purposely trying to throw games yet there is a contingency who is using this feature to just block and exclude me from playing the game like anyone else has the right to do. Please remove this awful feature.

TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                                TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Working...
                                X