No announcement yet.

Is this Block Feature new in MMR??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Block is working as expected. The people who refuse to fix their playstyle and are a detriment to their team are being blocked.

Originally posted by cubone View Post
    I know you are excellent at deflecting and pretending that everyone else is the problem, but I recommend reflecting a bit and asking yourself "If 50% or more of players don't want to play with me, are they trolling or could I perhaps be the problem?".
    Last edited by cubone; 03-14-2024, 02:56 AM.

Comment

Do we have data of who blocked who so we can analyse it?
      - most blocked players
      - most blocks used
      - who blocked who the most (grudges)

Comment

Originally posted by Omega Red View Post

YOOOOOOO what's up my dude
        Hey bud!
        Hope all is well sir

Comment

Originally posted by ag$ View Post

Hey bud!
          Hope all is well sir
          MISS U GREEDI
          absurd> havnt seen ekko miss in 20 mins;\

Comment

Are there official MMR rules posted somewhere? A few people mentioned adding rules or clauses to rules. Whether in the hands of the hosts or the !p players, people will be accused of abusing commands unless there are relatively clear rules to follow. There will be some grey area with rules for !block commands .

Hosting is mostly thankless work and they have to hear from me or others whining, requesting they start blocking people. This new command allows the community to block players and makes it so a host is less likely to be accused of bias. Pros/Cons of each. I like voting because some players have worn out their welcome by ruining games for the 9 other players more than just a few times. Spamming the chats to block people is silly but it's a new command so I am not surprised. If it isn't too much trouble, perhaps allow only X consecutive blocks but if player decides to ruin games on purpose to spite the community for blocking them, I'd hope hosts could be empowered to block for a much longer time period. As it is now, I believe there are more than a couple players that deserve a long ban for routinely throwing games and then coming online with new aliases to continue throwing games and skewing matching making.
            I agree.

Comment

It seems as if the /!viewblocked message is a preset troll message. I am getting trolled and blocked over 20 times now when each time I play I do nothing wrong and often help team win game. So ye .. wtf is this viewblock crap?

TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
              TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
              TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
              TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
              TSLD CHAMPION 2018
              TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Something seems odd here too. Why when I am blocked is it appearing my name is typed into the command line rather than what would be a %tickname command? Why is my capital J not listed in the block feature?

TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

In short, this block feature is nothing more than a staff troll feature as a way to block me and others from playing. I implore any decent staff member to get rid of this nonsense and get back to proper staffing of the game and only blocking those who actually abuse the game by purposeful teamkilling, rage quits and throws or any other exploit that they have been warned against doing. You guys had your fun but I am causing the gameplay none of this and I am not near the worst player in any ship in mmr. Even if I was it wouldn't justify this type of clear abuse on anyone. Skill level should NOT be an issue if there are zoners asking our playerbase to come and play. Just stop this nonsense NOW.
                  TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                  TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

2 5v5 arenas of mmrd along with pictionary and a twjd twd match all happening at the same time and the only change as far as I can tell is jessup being blocked in mmr so keep up the good work guys let's bring the game back to life!
                    Jessup> saiyan and i had steamy cyber sex once

Streak Breaker Grizzly Beam

Don't Poke the Bear.

Comment

Originally posted by Jessup View Post
                      In short, this block feature is nothing more than a way to block...me and others from playing.
                      You are absolutely brilliant. I think you could be onto something.

Comment

Another troll block.. I have been blocked like 10 times tonight while waiting to play. I finally get in and MVP and then am immediately trolled and blocked. I have played this game for 25 years and I would like to know how this feature is anything but troll. Blocking players for not abusing or anything is ridiculous. Why is staff allowing this? Please could a staffer explain why this is being allowed.

TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                        TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Originally posted by ag$ View Post

Hey bud!
                          Hope all is well sir
                          Everything is good bro, never better. Hope you're good. Come back and play sometime with the boys.

MMR is still fun despite having to rein in the usual pack of retards lol

Comment

Easy solution. Allow staff to veto if it's obviously trolling ie someone just mvps like jess is saying or is teaming well. Otherwise allow the vote to go through.
                            Subspace - Best kept secret in the video gaming world. Let's keep it that way.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	22.png
Views:	129
Size:	98.3 KB
ID:	1365780

Comment

was just wondering where the idea of having all able to do !block in mmr.
                                i enter arena and get pm's from few askin me to !block a certain player.. i havent even !p and since he asked me so nicly and i dont like the other player then why the hell not, ill !block!...
                                here i have a better one .. let all gang up on mossad and all block him just cause mmr needs a bit more of toxic bull shit.. also mmr is going to die cause its all to him self and there isnt any unity or feeling connected like squads do... just bring back twd lets get squad going... if we want this not to die then squads will be a good way to start. when players are in a squad they will auto wanna log in more then just once a week,,.. good day

Comment

Working...
                                X