Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minor changes to !block'ing in MMR + new !block rules for poor performance.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minor changes to !block'ing in MMR + new !block rules for poor performance.

Hi all,

Sharing some recent changes to MMR, as well as introducing a few performance-based rules for all players to adhere to.

First, the !block <player> command still works. After internal discussions, the threshold for a player to be blocked is 51% (simple majority) of !p'd players. Any player not !p'd with an active !block against another player won't count towards the 51%.

A newly introduced MMR op command added by qan is the !blockamnesty command, which allows staff to temporarily ignore the player !block list for 1 round.

Additionally, MMR ops can once again manually issue a single or multi-round block (this was disabled with the intro of the current player !block command).

With the MMR op block command restored, effective today, MMR ops can start issuing blocks for excessive poor performance in MMRD/J. Before a player receives any blocks for poor performance below, the player will first be *warned by ops.
    • 1-10 or 2-10 performance = 1 round block (roughly ~12 minutes)
    • 0-10 performance = 2 round block (roughly ~25 minutes)
    Finally, the auto !watchnme 7 function has been restored for MMRD/J.

Feel free to discuss below!
    zidane> big play
    Omega Red> dwop sick
    mr mime> its called an orca smash u uncultured fk
    WillBy> ^^

1:Chief Utsav> LOL
    1:Rule> we dont do that here.

cripple> can u get pregnant if u cum in gf's ass

I'd just like to say that I think the performance changes are going to be controversial and bound to piss some people off because as bad as a 1-10 is, I've seen even the best players in the zone go out with a 1-10 or 2-10. So it's going to rile some people up that simply had a bad game. This is also bound to kill MMR arena's that are that with 10 or 8 players after a guy gets banned for a bad game.

Even still, I think it's a necessary change and a big step in the right direction towards adding individual performance aspects with both positive and negative ramifications into MMR. It just might be wise to make sure host are prepared to put out fires that arise from this. I also hope this is the beginning of a trajectory into a direction that takes more account of individual performances in general since now we are punishing individuals for bad performances yet aren't really rewarding or acknowledging individual players for good or over the top performances.

I've said it over and over how much I dislike that MMR only takes into account Wins and doesn't care if you MVP'd or had a competent team aside from 1 guy who dookied causing you the L or whatever. I've seen so many games where 4 guys go positive yet one guy dropped an egg going 1-10 or w/e (been that guy many times too!) they lose and those 4 good players get shafted. Thus in my opinion it's not fair (or very competitive) and has far too much luck involved into points accumulation than I am comfortable with.

Anyways. All looks very good. Am glad to see that more work is being done with MMR to make it better and look forward to seeing what you guys decide to cook up next.

PS: I forgot to add that on top of making sure host are prepared to put out fires, I think it's equally important to hit home that host under no circumstance are allowed to unblock players (including themselves) for bad games. I can already see a few select host that love to bend the rules or ride the grey area completely undermine the integrity of this feature if given the opportunity. Just think this needs to be strictly enforced and all should abide by it period; regardless of player caliber or status in the community to achieve the best results.
    Last edited by Grasps; 05-11-2024, 11:27 AM.

Comment

Grasps The problem with rewarding good performance is you have certain people that play for rec and are really bad for their teams. I wont mention any names but there is a certain Paladen player that is notorious for this. This is why wins/losses are the only thing that matters.
      rEnZi> just looking at rageritual tilts me
      rEnZi> its crazy
      rEnZi> thats real power

Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

Comment

Fair enough, if not a little aggressive.
        If this were wbduel, which it is, you would not be playing again with a 2-10.
        If you go 0-10, you need to log off and hope nobody remembers. Brain damage begins within four minutes of not having enough oxygen. If you made it that long, you need to take a walk.
        I appreciate that the community is taking action for the health of it's pilots. We have enough players in wheelchairs as it is.
        1:Sir Spider> you gotta kinda drag it out of him a little bit
        1:Sir Spider> but once you do he just explodes
        1:Sir Spider> at least on me
        1:Sir Spider> ...no homo

Comment

Originally posted by daresound View Post
          Fair enough, if not a little aggressive.
          If this were wbduel, which it is, you would not be playing again with a 2-10.
          If you go 0-10, you need to log off and hope nobody remembers. Brain damage begins within four minutes of not having enough oxygen. If you made it that long, you need to take a walk.
          I appreciate that the community is taking action for the health of it's pilots. We have enough players in wheelchairs as it is.
          While I somewhat agree, this kind of talk bothers the shit out of me. This is a game at the end of the day. So many in this community have lost the magic and fun, the beauty, that subspace offers because they treat it like a real life sport when it's just a game created to entertain everyone who plays it. It's become to a point, where good players won't even join a game unless it's all top tier players in it. I get it to some degree but to another it makes me miss the oldschool vets who loved stomping down people over and over regardless of your class in the community :P.

Guys on squads like Rampage or Quicksand never walked away from a challenge no matter the size and stomped guys to the point where you knew better than to challenge them. Miss that shit. This game gets too real sometimes is all. Think its always good to remind ourselves that at the end of the day, this shit is just for our amusement and is a shared amusement at that. The last hundred fifty or so of us left that still love this game are like one big family. We should embrace that more and stop being such fuckheads to each other. I dunno.

I am pretty blitz right now so if this is a bit confusing/run on, my apologies.

Comment

Are we going to monitor WHY players are being blocked.. or just allow it to be a troll feature? Explain to me why it is ok to block me here..? Got guys like 100 and booker007 and others simply just trolling. This is NOT OK. !block should be about doing something wrong.. not some dumb troll fest popularity contest. This feature is so fking dumb if you are not doing anything wrong.

I suggest staff needs to step in and stop people abusing this feature.

PURE TROLLING GARBAGE and the feature is allowing an even more toxic environment than is already here. Ridiculous.
            TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
            TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
            TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
            TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
            TSLD CHAMPION 2018
            TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Being someone people want to play a match with is an unquantified metric of skill, Jessup.

Everyone respects/wants to play a match with someone who teams, stays alive, gives action (50/50 plays) and is cool when losing or winning.

You suck at teaming, giving action and complaining when losing, so no one wants to play a match with you.

Do you understand?

Comment

Originally posted by Cape View Post
                Being someone people want to play a match with is an unquantified metric of skill, Jessup.

Everyone respects/wants to play a match with someone who teams, stays alive, gives action (50/50 plays) and is cool when losing or winning.

You suck at teaming, giving action and complaining when losing, so no one wants to play a match with you.

Do you understand?
                Un-Redacted. I would never troll. At some point, after literally hundreds of comments from a certain whiny player complaining about block, I'd think you'd start deleting his posts for trolling.
                Last edited by cubone; Yesterday, 01:13 AM.

Comment

Two proud fixated trolls jump in to excuse a troll feature that blocks players for no other reason than because a pack of the same trolls use it for lols. My rating is higher than so many who don't get this treatment. You are both trolls who want TW to become a cancel culture environment. Truly pathetic what this place has become.

TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                  TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

I hope your life gets better. Can't imagine being 58 years old typing novels on a forum because people don't want to play with me.

Comment

Originally posted by cubone View Post
                      I hope your life gets better. Can't imagine being 58 years old typing novels on a forum because people don't want to play with me.
                      Spare me your faux compassion. You show ZERO amount of compassion ever and revel constantly in being a cancerous troll towards myself and many others in the zone for your own self-aggrandizement. Look at your forum history cubone, it literally has nothing positive to say ever. You are spreading misinformation about my age too..58 rofl.. I don't think so.

Players have every right to play without being canceled who are doing well and winning games. Losing a game or having a bad performance shouldn't be a block either but I just showed how the feature is getting abused and encourages cancel culture.

I have no issue blocking people who rage quit games, throw games, teamkill on purpose or break rules in other ways but to allow this feature to become something that encourages blocking players by a certain group of trolls who just want to cancel others they dislike for whatever reason is unacceptable.

When can we see transparent lists of the players who are voting to block people by staff? When will they evaluate if certain people should lose the right to block due to excessive use of the feature for unjust reasons like I showed in the screenshot I went positive and won a game in only to then be blocked for multiple games in a row? Exploiting the command for no valid reasons should be dealt with. A group of the same players keep doing this over and over.

I suggest we add a mandatory comment section for blocks where reasons must be given each time a block is voted on by a player. This way staff can overview and cull the trolls abusing the feature if they give bogus reasons that are not against the rules. I also think spamming public chat encouraging targeted blocks for no reasons other than having fun piling on should be against the rules too. I also think any staff or host who uses *arena chat commands encouraging blocks should be severely dealt with as this is not professional conduct by those with powers. Sprackle has done this MULTIPLE times.

Just let people play. Get back to proper staffing that is aimed at stopping real abuse, cheating and exploits. Protect ALL players equally. Don't protect and encourage trolls. It is absurd what is going on here.
                      TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                      TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Working...
                      X