Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minor changes to !block'ing in MMR + new !block rules for poor performance.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cubone View Post
    Whoever works on the bot needs to fix the !block functionality. You can only !block people that are in the arena so some of the frequently blocked people have figured out that if they !p and immediately leave arena, they are unblockable. Should be fixed ASAP as jessup/avantgarde are abusing this exploit
    This isn't clear in the implementation or !help, so many people probably aren't aware, but !block does not clear each round. It only clears when the bot is restarted or when a host clears it manually. I've seen screenshots of people re-blocking as a new round starts, so I thought I'd dispel this misconception. !block is "sticky."

It currently checks if the player in the arena because this was faster to implement than checking if a valid MMR record exists, and less costly.

If you're not already blocking someone and they're leaving the arena to try to avoid a block, you can still issue your block preference once they come back and it will be effective going forward.

Similarly, if you feel someone you've been blocking deserves a chance to play, you need to manually !unblock them because your preference does not expire except in the conditions mentioned previously.
    "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
    -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

Originally posted by qan View Post
      This isn't clear in the implementation or !help, so many people probably aren't aware, but !block does not clear each round. It only clears when the bot is restarted or when a host clears it manually. I've seen screenshots of people re-blocking as a new round starts, so I thought I'd dispel this misconception. !block is "sticky."

It currently checks if the player in the arena because this was faster to implement than checking if a valid MMR record exists, and less costly.

If you're not already blocking someone and they're leaving the arena to try to avoid a block, you can still issue your block preference once they come back and it will be effective going forward.

Similarly, if you feel someone you've been blocking deserves a chance to play, you need to manually !unblock them because your preference does not expire except in the conditions mentioned previously.
      I understand that, but the problem is that people have everything macro'd so that as soon as there is an advert for mmr, they join the arena, macro !p, and then instantly leave arena until bot is closed. If you don't already have them blocked and aren't fast enough to catch them in the 0.1 seconds they are in the arena before they leave, there's nothing you can do. Jessup and Avant are literally sitting in pub, joining arena, !p, then instantly leaving, over and over again to avoid the block.

Are you saying the only way to prevent this is to wait for them to play a round and block them while they're in?

Comment

I understand that, but the problem is that people have everything macro'd so that as soon as there is an advert for mmr, they join the arena, macro !p, and then instantly leave arena until bot is closed. If you don't already have them blocked and aren't fast enough to catch them in the 0.1 seconds they are in the arena before they leave, there's nothing you can do. Jessup and Avant are literally sitting in pub, joining arena, !p, then instantly leaving, over and over again to avoid the block.

Are you saying the only way to prevent this is to wait for them to play a round and block them while they're in?
        Sick of this guy cubone lying and derailing threads and being a complete loser troll. I've never done this to evade you or your troll block buddies. Also, you have hardly played any recent games so couldn't be blocking me anyways. Stop lying .. you disgust me. This is not even happening.

The amount of games you played is shit and which ones out of the few you have did I do this? Provide proof or stfu. LIAR

TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
        TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
        TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
        TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
        TSLD CHAMPION 2018
        TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

cubone, you bring up a good point. qan , what if you just made it so if people !p and then leave arena, they get unqueued? Something has to change because seeing people like jessup and avantgarde openly abuse exploits in the bot is really disheartening. People want to block toxic players and these exploits are making it much more difficult.

Comment

[QUOTE=People want to block toxic players and these exploits are making it much more difficult.[/QUOTE]

!BLOCK CUBONE97
            TSLD CHAMPION 2018
            TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

cubone, you bring up a good point. qan , what if you just made it so if people !p and then leave arena, they get unqueued? Something has to change because seeing people like jessup and avantgarde openly abuse exploits in the bot is really disheartening. People want to block toxic players and these exploits are making it much more difficult.
              cubone Once again, very good point. Anyone who is actively exploiting a weakness in bots should be punished. The block feature was provided to allow people to play with people who align to their teaming values and when people abuse that, they are really impacting the integrity of the game. Those caught evading a block through the methods detailed above needs to be dealt with so they don't impact the overall gaming experience for everyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by Jessup View Post

!BLOCK CUBONE97
                I concur! Great idea!
                TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

qan Can you please keep people from spamming about things unrelated to this topic? This thread is about block implementation and fixing bugs within the bot. Let's get this exploit fixed so people are properly blocked. Thank you.

Comment

kangal and vys just keep throwing 3 game blocks on anyone who does bad on their team (not just me) regardless of record or time alive not sure why we even have rules if the refs are allowed to just do whatever they want anyway

tried to handle this amicably in dm with kangal but he told me to fuck myself and die of cancer so I assume that's the 2024 trench wars staff scripting
                    Jessup> saiyan and i had steamy cyber sex once

Streak Breaker Grizzly Beam

Don't Poke the Bear.

Comment

I went 5-10 on Kangal's team last night and he sent me a warning "last warning" and then started shit talking me about my queer banner and how I am flaming homosexual. Unacceptable behavior from staff...

Comment

As you all know. MMR is dead because staff doesn't understand statistics; Relevent thread here:

https://forums.trenchwars.com/tsl/mm...ed-by-hookecho
                        Original Title Force Changed by Pussy Staff: MMR is Trash and Staff has been Doing Wrong From the Start - Recommended by Hookecho (https://forums.trenchwars.com/tsl/mmr-discussion/1366051-mmr-is-trash-and-staff-has-been-doing-wrong-from-the-start-recommended-by-hookecho) validated by working link and more evidence on how

Comment

Working...
                        X