Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im not reading all your basing how-doey essays

Comment

Some people already said this but I believe that basing is getting worse is because:

1. ?go base is too elitest, newbs never get picked and rarely get the chance to learn.

2. all the best players are grouped together in 2-3 squads, if the skill level in basing was more spread out everything would get better.

I think stabs idea is a really good one, it gives people a chance to actually learn how to base and not just sit there not getting picked in base because they don't have an elite squad or they have a few numbers in their name. But even if his idea works and some new squads are created with some new talent, they'd still get crushed by spastic everytime and that probably wouldn't be very fun.

Basing is one hell of a lot easier than dueling (I mean individually, it's alot harder when you have to work with the team. But doing well in a spider is easy compared to doing well in a warbird in elim.), I think ?go base is a lot more fun than elim, all the basers are getting on staff, basers are a lot nicer and don't argue as much as duelers, and it's way easier to get on an elite base squad than an elite dueling squad if you're willing to put the time into it. If people were actually able to get into basing and not get rejected at ?go base everytime I think it could easily become the largest league in trench.
      I AM NOT AN ANIMAL

Comment

Awesome ... just asking ... when was the last time u played in a twbd? To me, you are more likely to see a so called baser twdding or twjding than a dueler twbding. That's the main reason why I always throw into doubt the things you say bout basing ... cuz u don't play it (at all?).

Comment

Originally posted by Bob (SRB)
          Some people already said this but I believe that basing is getting worse is because:

1. ?go base is too elitest, newbs never get picked and rarely get the chance to learn.
          Maybe it's changed since I last played ... but it was my feeling that ?go base has become more and more non-elitest. When ?go base first came out it was so hard to get into a game. Nowadays I see so many non-pure-basers playing. How is gettin more elitest?

Comment

Originally posted by Rab
            For the record, I think basing was better when it was less popular. I think ?go base fucked up basing bigtime.

However, it is mid-season, nobody can find games, get over it.
            Agreed .. still remember the basing matches in the Mythrandir's private place ? Those were leet. You were leet if you got picked. That was some pure basing. The basing in ?go base nowadays is just like pubbing

And Stab, you wanna base in pub 17vs17 ?!? LOL Where u gonna put all those people ?? It's gonna be one big massive unorganised fight. No fun in that.
            7:Barton> hi tats
            7:Barton> still no smod?
            7:Barton> :(
            7:Tatsumaru uk> heh no
            7:Barton> guess u need to do more ass kissing

3:Harder> we could be like tom cruise in top gun with team speak
            3:Harder> "MAVRIC I GOTTA BIRD ON MY BACK!!"

8:Ghast> LOL METALKID LOOKS LIKE A WEASEL ROFLROFL

Comment

(sorry for double posting)
              Another thing is that there are 3 really good basing squads, and the others are just weak, or they are just average. Alot of sqds are afraid to lose pts so dont DD the top 3 sqds. So those 3 are only fighting eachother over and over again.
              Another thing is that you need alot of people on your roster, all skilled in 1 certain different ship. You can't start playing a bd when you have 5 ppl on, 4 spids and 1 jav. You need to have every ship online which is making it hard to BD alot, cuz it rarely happens that they are all represented online.

1. Spastic 1477
              2. Anti-Scrub 1341

3. Disoblige 1239
              4. Sage 1213
              5. dicE 1212
              6. Mambo 1197
              7. BasingCrew 1191
              8. Grapevine 1178
              9. Incuria 1164
              10. Sk8 1163
              11. ALF 1106
              12. Paladen 1085
              13. ReJeCtEd BaSeRs 1079
              14. Venom 1043
              15. Pallies 1030

On this ladder it's obvious that atm there are actually only 2 good basing sqds. Who are sky high ranked, compared to the others.
              7:Barton> hi tats
              7:Barton> still no smod?
              7:Barton> :(
              7:Tatsumaru uk> heh no
              7:Barton> guess u need to do more ass kissing

3:Harder> we could be like tom cruise in top gun with team speak
              3:Harder> "MAVRIC I GOTTA BIRD ON MY BACK!!"

8:Ghast> LOL METALKID LOOKS LIKE A WEASEL ROFLROFL

Comment

It is definitely easier to get into a base match now a days, it used to be a privilege to get picked in #mythrandir , and nobody whined what ships they played. Now its all gone to shit, where you always play with a new face every base game, that isnt cool. I remember when i used to spec all those that got chosen in mythrandir, to see what they did and what not to do. The elitist times were actually quite fun.

You should earn your way into a basing match, now it isnt so anymore, anybody can get in. Also i agree on the idea that A-s and spastic should loosen up all the basers theyre hoarding, if they want more basing matches to happen. Im seeing all this bullshit 6 v 6 and 5 v 5, now thats no fun, give up some players.
                Levs r gay.

Comment

Originally posted by Sufficient
                  Basing and dueling are equally elitest imo. And imo, there are more nice basers than nice duelers (to put it in a more positive light).
                  You've got to be kidding me. Last time I checked, I don't remember duelers going into a base game and 1) getting picked, 2) self-claim themselves as base gods. However, I've been seeing more and more and MORE basers coming into the elimination arenas, think they're tough shit and all. Worst of all, is that there has been a great increase in the amount of "strange" players in elim now.
                  ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
                  Failure teaches success.
                  . â–²
                  ▲ ▲

Comment

Originally posted by Kim
                    You've got to be kidding me. Last time I checked, I don't remember duelers going into a base game and 1) getting picked, 2) self-claim themselves as base gods. However, I've been seeing more and more and MORE basers coming into the elimination arenas, think they're tough shit and all. Worst of all, is that there has been a great increase in the amount of "strange" players in elim now.
                    I have a feelin this is gonna get ugly ... but ... who are u to comment about basing when u don't even try it. At least some of us basers are gettin more and more involved in wbing and javving ... enuf to make opinions based on some experience. And btw Kim, u aren't picked in go base bc u're never there! i NEVER EVER have seen u play there (aliases don't count) ... not once.

PS. Stab, u should try wb or jav ... i rec jav esp.

Comment

Originally posted by Anduril.
                      (sorry for double posting)
                      Another thing is that there are 3 really good basing squads, and the others are just weak, or they are just average. Alot of sqds are afraid to lose pts so dont DD the top 3 sqds. So those 3 are only fighting eachother over and over again.
                      TWBD ladder isn't all that accurate. Sure spastic is high up and so is a-s but most of those wins are from RB, quirion, grapevine, sage, spastic and a-s all playing each other over and over. Diso can kick ass, but we're pretty inactive so it's hard to get 8 for a bd. We did manage to pull off two today and raise our rating 50 or so points. Incuria, Pallies, Grapevine, Mambo, and BasingCrew could all probably hold their own. RB isn't far off either, sage is more of a longshot than any of them. What about Dice? So who do we have so far?

Spastic
                      A-S
                      Diso
                      Mambo
                      Grapevine
                      Incuria
                      Pallies
                      BasingCrew
                      RB
                      Sage
                      Dice
                      and... Venom? For possible TWLB squads. Looks like a pretty balanced league to me. Someone mentioned something about -Final- possibly coming back, and I say all the better, they would be good competition. Bring it.
                      Last edited by Fit of Rage; 10-14-2004, 11:13 PM. Reason: Typoooooooooooooooohman
                      5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
                      5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
                      5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

Competition will increase because the twjd/dd squads that are growin will want to be called a triple league squad so they will try to get into this league.

Comment

Originally posted by froedrick
                          or sleep with someone like arrogance
                          *COUGH*FROEDRICK*COUGH*
                          5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
                          5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
                          5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

1) People hate losing, so when a new squad loses to an established squad over and over again, their members start losing interest and become less active.

2) Every squad, even the semi-elite squads, don't pick up new basers to train. They only pick the ones that establish themselves.

3) The dd/jd squads that start basing usually imediately go back to dd/jd because they see they suck monkey balls in basing and hate being raped. The only exemptions to this in recent history are Alf and GV ecause they actually win some of them, others (tons of others) stop bding or even leave b4 the bd they play ends.

Conclusion:

Basing will slowly die out, or at the very best SLOWLY grow. If you wanna change this, recruit enuf people to have an average of 1 bd per day. And pick up some newbs while ur at it.

You squads that have been bding for years shouldn't care about points at this point...they are just numbers, plus half of u made it to playoffs and are guaranteed entrance to twlb. In all honesty...stop being pussies and pick up those active though unskilled players, it will help the basing community greatly. U wanna fix the situation?....take some action. Plus to those squads that have many many elite players...u brought it on urselves...ur so elite at a bullshit 2d spaceship game that ur competitors just doin't care and therefore don't base as much. WAKEUP and fix it urself if u want it fixed, RB is already yet again trying to fix it for u.

PS If u want some names of people that want into a basing squad let me know, I turn down like 4 a day :P they are usually active but are also unskilled....we already reached our limit of players....
                            Last edited by lunch3; 10-15-2004, 03:34 AM.
                            -L3

Comment

Originally posted by Stabwound
                              Come on guys. Basing is a lot of fun, but it's getting pretty damn boring playing the same squads over and over again. 90% of the BDs I play in Spastic are against either Anti-Scrub or Rejected Basers. It's just ridiculous that in prime times, there can be around 600 people online, yet NO squads with 8 people online that want to play a TWBD game.

What the fuck is wrong? Basing needs to be promoted more I guess. ?go base is not a newbie-friendly place, and I think we need to introduce a persistant base-type game for the masses.

This is a post I made a while ago, and I want to bring it up again because I truly think it's a really good idea:

Maybe it would work better with a captain or a few changes, but you get the general idea.

Basing needs to be more popular.

Kinda like a tourny for base. I think its a good idea man.
                              audit> and btw, im your fan!

DeeZ NuTs> time to own
                              DeeZ NuTs> got my fedex hat on
                              Azreal> LOloL
                              cook> ROFL

R.I.P VENOM

Comment

Erm... I play Pub 0/1( Pure Pub ) a lot, as Terr almost constantly( though I play Weasel too, and can handle the other ships with some skill, like Lanc ) and I have been thinking of trying for a basing squad so...

See what I can do?

"There are those who said this day would never come. What have they to say now?"
                                .Halo.

Y'know... if you were any stupider, I swear death by laughter would be a real medical occurance.

Comment

Working...
                                X