Basing should be more popular

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kim
    Actually I go into ?go base when I have a friend who asked me to go. Hell no I would voluntarily walk into that ego-trip of an arena.
    Don't even comment then when u have no experience whatsoever w/basing. I consider it ego-trippin when u make suggestions for something u don't have very little, if ANY, knowledge of. At least I take the time to play jav and wb (voluntarily) before I make comments on twdd and twjd and any related dueler topic.
    Last edited by Sufficient; 10-15-2004, 07:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sufficient
      I consider it ego-trippin when u make suggestions for something u don't have very little, if ANY, knowledge of.
      It's egotistical to make suggestions to improve a game now?

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome
        It's egotistical to make suggestions to improve a game now?
        You're not very bright are you awesome.

Comment

^you knew what he meant, stop being a dickhead awesome.
          Levs r gay.

Comment

kill go base and your problems will be solved. 40 players in the arena 16 play (same 16 as the last game probably) no one will play base2 because it is less elite you could say, so whatever, i ahven't played this game in weeks and it looks like it's losing a lot of spunk in this off season. I'm here until the end of the basing world cup and then maybe for next season, but a lot of people are moving on.

But i agree basing is getting boring
            There once was a man from Nantucket.

Comment

stabs idea would be a good one

so was RR's

part of Go base's problem is that anyone can cap and u end up with newbie caps putting players in ships they want to play because they are friends...

most heard line from a ?go base cap "I just want to try this ship, if i suck ill change it"

by the time they admit they did suck the game was a waste of time.... and another go base game was ruined...

Melees roster has dropped to 31 right now, but will be picking up a few more people again.... the infamouse squad hopping in off season is pathetic....

but.... we are a 3 league squad... not a 1 league squad like someone stated lol.......so keeping a big roster is neccessary

but funny thing is in TWBD we have a horrid rating, but our games are mostly against A-S and RB and a couple against Dice...

no one else will play us lol.........and due to Spastics continued need to act like cunts and assholes....(not all members... just a few), Poid has them blacklisted so we dont bother wasting our time with them.....

but squads like sage that sit up there and never play anyone decent make me laugh lol..... but oh well, doesnt take long to climb up the ladder with a few wins when a team comes together...

but really.... the bottom line to the whole thread here...and has been stated by a few people...

squads like A-S and Spastic and RB that have 30-40+ members playing in 1 league is pathetic....then they wonder why come TWL time every one hops when these people realize they wont get any playing time lol...... there could be 3-5 more basing squads out there if those rosters werent so huge....

but thats a TWL OP issue to figure out... and i dont think its a high priority for them....
              Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Comment

Boss ... Spastic played 1 TWL game in TWLJ as a replacement team.

Back to the topic. I don't think there's much we can do to "make" basing more popular. That's bc basing involves a lotta diff factors from dueling. And it's hard to quantify what basing is and what can be changed or done to improve it. Basing is just more ambiguous and less straight-forward than dueling.
                Last edited by Sufficient; 10-16-2004, 11:10 AM.

Comment

I decided not to get a roster of 30-40 players for BasingCrew, but 18 active players. this way the members will all get to play because you can stick with only recruiting top players instead of recruiting "ok" players for TWBD games, this way everyone in the squad is pleased because they will be playing in TWBL. Everyone knows eachother within the squad wich brings allot more loyalty. there is another thing wich is good about this, you always play with the same guys wich is good practice to get better as a squad.

There will ofcourse be less games played with a roster of 18 players, but if you stick to active players you will be able to BD at good times. The BD's you have will be allot more intense. If there aint any BD's playing you can always tell the players to get online at a set time.

If there would be more squads wich do this there could be allot more skilled basing squads.

BasingCrew also started up Quirion just for pub players to get into basing, they have pretty much active players with potential. many of them have moved to better basing squads. If you have a guy asking to join your squad but you do not know him, and just looks like a random newbie to you tell them to join Quirion by joining their friends chat names Qon. Quirion has no limit on their roster, the more the better.
                  Only the loyal count.

Comment

Originally posted by Bosshawk

part of Go base's problem is that anyone can cap and u end up with newbie caps putting players in ships they want to play because they are friends...

most heard line from a ?go base cap "I just want to try this ship, if i suck ill change it"

by the time they admit they did suck the game was a waste of time.... and another go base game was ruined...
                    I def agree with this part. I think capping has gone down the drain bc almost anyone can get cap and basically ruin the dynamics of the game from the VERY START, by picking uneven teams and placing ppl in ships that are not very appropriate in terms of even teams. That's why there are less quality games compared to ?go #mythrandir ... when the caps were well-known, established players who were both willing to make even teams and occassionally play a lesser-known player, AND willing to take some risks w/ship-lineup.

Note: I was reading in some other thread ... someone saying we need to bring basing back to pub. That got me thinking ... now I dunno if this'll work ... but maybe ?go base should only be activated on Fri + weekends? That'll force ?go base players (of all skill-levels) to play PUBS and increase the # of good, competitive pub arenas. That, in the long run will prob make basing more accessible (by brining it to the pubs) and increase the general basing skill level to the TW public. It would def make me appreciate ?go base more.

Of course the days in which ?go base is activated could be adjusted ... maybe fri + weekends is too harsh.
                    Last edited by Sufficient; 10-16-2004, 11:26 AM.

Comment

I think -f- wouldnt be near as good this year as last year in basing or any league considering most of there players left to new squads already. Unless of course they went back to -f-, but i doubt they'd all go back.

Stab: spastic was just an example bc th ey are only 1 league squad rite now, but there are alot more who have huge rosters and are only in 1 league. WHy do anyone need 40 ppl for 1 league? I mean sure say 10 are inactive, still why do u need 30 for 1 league? BC has 18 for 1 league and they are doing perfectly fine, and play as much as any. No need to hog everyone to a few squads. U want more squads to bd, then spread the wealth a little bit, dont hog them all on a few squads like im seeing.

About spastic goin to LJ, i suggest u start playing harder squads too, dont be 1 of those pussy squads sneaking into TWL so u lose all games, thats just gay. I know u keep evading Dice, thast why when im the only (A) online and we got 7/8 to BD i refuse to bd u guys. U dont want to jav us ever, we wont BD u ever. GOtta give a little to get a little.
                      _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

Originally posted by Due
                        "Basing should be more popular"

k how to fix?

there is a simple way: start to pick the unknown ppl in ?go base. u guys brought this on yourself for a part. u guys nvr give the new ppl a chance to play, always picking the same ppl & now u guys wonder "how comes that basing is not popular". how can thoes new ppl know how it feels to base?

And some ZH's always pick the same caps & thoes caps pick the same ppl etc etc. a nvr ending circle.

I hope u guys get my point.
                        This is the best suggestion yet. .?go base became so competative it is worst then elim/baseelim ego wise. I mean jesus u cant just ahve a good fun game of basing anymore, u have to hear ppl on ur team bitch about every little thing. Instead of picking 8 established basers, pick 7 and 1 newb or something, that way it lets more ppl get known.

Or u could start a .?go base with a usage limit and then .?go base2 for others who dont meet the usage requirement. I dont know what u would want it set to thats not up to me, but this could be done too.
                        _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

Originally posted by Due
                          "Basing should be more popular"

k how to fix?

there is a simple way: start to pick the unknown ppl in ?go base. u guys brought this on yourself for a part. u guys nvr give the new ppl a chance to play, always picking the same ppl & now u guys wonder "how comes that basing is not popular". how can thoes new ppl know how it feels to base?

And some ZH's always pick the same caps & thoes caps pick the same ppl etc etc. a nvr ending circle.

I hope u guys get my point.
                          I must have missed this reply before.

One big problem is that hardly any people ever volunteer to cap. It's usually only the same 2-3 people every time. When I start the bot, I don't give it to someone that doesn't ask for it, because they're usually either AFK or they will just pass it around until it gets to someone AFK or one of the people that asked originally.
                          sdg

Comment

Originally posted by Cig Smoke
                            I think -f- wouldnt be near as good this year as last year in basing or any league considering most of there players left to new squads already. Unless of course they went back to -f-, but i doubt they'd all go back.

Stab: spastic was just an example bc th ey are only 1 league squad rite now, but there are alot more who have huge rosters and are only in 1 league. WHy do anyone need 40 ppl for 1 league? I mean sure say 10 are inactive, still why do u need 30 for 1 league? BC has 18 for 1 league and they are doing perfectly fine, and play as much as any. No need to hog everyone to a few squads. U want more squads to bd, then spread the wealth a little bit, dont hog them all on a few squads like im seeing.

About spastic goin to LJ, i suggest u start playing harder squads too, dont be 1 of those pussy squads sneaking into TWL so u lose all games, thats just gay. I know u keep evading Dice, thast why when im the only (A) online and we got 7/8 to BD i refuse to bd u guys. U dont want to jav us ever, we wont BD u ever. GOtta give a little to get a little.
                            Refer to my comment on Spastic playing as a replacement squad in TWLJ7. And yes, I understand that is only 1 league game, but a league game nontheless. As for playing harder squads, we would rather play TWBD than TWJD. I don't believe we've ever nagged u to play a twbd game cig, at least I know I never have. And about being a "multi-league squad" ... if u play both wb and javs ... it's not really being multileague ... it's basically if u duel and base ... that's imo, what a true "multileague teams" is.

Comment

You should really stop talking about Spastic, the captains organize their squad as they want, these ideas will never work and in our case people are not gonna leave, wheter they play or not. We have a 34 roster ppl, 10 or more come from floydans madcowz levterr and some a large part of em play pub only some go to go base, these ppl have their friends here, 3 are inactive and that leaves 20 ppl, wich means for a 1 league squad is not that much and we can only be really active to bd all days if we have enough ppl.

Cig, well i think dice has a better chanse to beat spas in bd than we in jd, we wouldnt lose much points but nobody likes to lose and we rarely have a good line.

U should understand people wont spread out..
                              Part-time goof, Part-time wild beast,
                              Your friend,
                              ​​Papi
                              ​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Stabwound
                                I must have missed this reply before.

One big problem is that hardly any people ever volunteer to cap. It's usually only the same 2-3 people every time. When I start the bot, I don't give it to someone that doesn't ask for it, because they're usually either AFK or they will just pass it around until it gets to someone AFK or one of the people that asked originally.
                                most the time ppl volunteer for cap then some nub zh comes in & pick his own caps (ppl who did not volunteer for cap). i think u guys know who the ZH guy is.
                                Originally posted by Kolar
                                My reaction:

;1;Holy Shit
                                ;1;Al Qaeda took care of method for us

Comment

Working...
                                X