Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• edinyac, Warbirds have their own division. So do Javelins. Both are used in base. Some basebirds and basejavs even dislike duelling their "special" ship.

Off the top of my head as an example, Fire Phoenix loves basebirding, but I'm quite sure he doesn't like duelling them.

Why just condemn something like this? I really don't see why it should not go ahead.

If you don't like it, don't play it.

If you like it, well duh, play it.
    G[y]Ro> omfg
    G[y]Ro> u nerds
    G[y]Ro> NERDS
    G[y]Ro> ALL OF U

Comment

• In Response...

On the same token any ship could have a dueling league. You are right I don't have to play it, but they asked my opinion on the dueling league, not my opinion as it comes to other people. In my experience, spider duels become contests of luck and vulching requiring no true skill.

Thats not to say anybody who uses a spider has no skill. I am just saying that the top ranks on the ladder will be full of the best vulchers and spawners in Trench Wars. Leaving the bottom rungs with nothing but left to whine over the newbishness of the top squads.

But go ahead and have your precious division, but I say they don't deserve a spot in the lustrous TWD. :P
      I swear I don't need an enema ^-^

Comment

• This shouldn't go through because if it does it will take away from the other division's games, Rion.
        sage

Comment

• 2v2 lancaster league please
          Originally posted by Ward
          OK.. ur retarded case closed

Comment

• Lancaster League!?!?

Boy, I oughta smack you for that :chair:
            Last edited by edinayc; 12-15-2004, 02:44 PM.
            I swear I don't need an enema ^-^

Comment

• It seems the 5v5 spider division has won with 98 votes. Let's start it up now?
              7:RaCka> yo
              7:ph> hi
              7:RaCka> LOL PH HI
              7:ph> oops
              7:ph> i mean FUCK YOU ****ER
              7:ph> fucking freudian slip

Comment

• Originally posted by lnx
                Should this spider league be added as a new division into TWD? In case you think it should: do you want it to be 3vs3, 4vs4, 5vs5 or 6vs6? And, notice: in contrast to the American election, every vote counts! Thank you for your time.

If you'd like to test it out, ?go spidduel is for you.

YES TWSD HAS TO RISE!!!! ITS MUCH MORE FUN THEN DD

grtz twitchy B)

Comment

• No way

3 categories are fine. spids are for base. there are allrdy like 4v4 .
                  revolt> my girl
                  Golden_Aim> nice lips, i bet she gives u awesome blowjobs
                  Metal Headz> she looks good for bjs
                  Golden_Aim> LOL MHZ
                  Metal Headz> ROFL

1:kesser> MENTION ME
                  1:kesser> MOST KILLS

kess is homo

Comment

• Originally posted by Richard Creager
                    This shouldn't go through because if it does it will take away from the other division's games, Rion.
                    exactly. it's not that TWSD is a bad idea, it's just that the other 3 leagues shipsets are more suitable for league and more fun to play.

add to that the fact that spidering is the dominant ship (60%+ of all ships in a TWBD match are spiders, a 400%+ bias considering there are 7 ships in use), and it's really not necessary.

?go spidduel is a great idea, and should stay, but TWSD isn't. The 3 divisions make for a complete league, and most people show an interest in all 3. Spidering division would be more of a niche, and it takes bots and time away from the other leagues which have a broader appeal and install base.

Add to that TWBD see the least action of all 3 leagues, and TWSD would only take away from it's playing time.

Just because you're good at spider or like spiders doesnt mean you're entitled to a league for it.

Spidduel is fun, there are probably just enough people to make a league for it, the map is well done... but that's looking at it from a limited perspective.

I agree that if the time came for a 4th league and the circumstances were right, TWSD would be the obvious choice, but with TWBD still behind TWJD and TWDD and TW's population waning, now certainly isn't it.

In the meantime, there's plenty of spidering action in zombies, TWBD and spidduel. but not elim, spiders are the least liked ship. which tells you something.
                    top 100 basers list

Comment

• Originally posted by Claushouse
                      but not elim, spiders are the least liked ship. which tells you something.
                      That elim players are dominantly warbirds?
                      FREE MANDELA

Comment

• TWSD rocks

A Spider Division should deff brought to life. 4v4, 5v5 s'all good.
                        theres pretty much skill involved in controlling the spider, so "SD's" can realy be fun..

Atleast give it a temp shot B)
                        enable [img] code!

Comment

• claushouse, it isnt tried yet, dont blow the idea, just let em try it..
                          spider setts are fun and lnx came up with a brilliant idea :wub:
                          enable [img] code!

Comment

• A spider league will fail. You won't get enough squads in that take it seriously, not to mention you're now asking squads to play at least 4 hours worth of games a week. Due to jobs and other duties of people they may be limited to one day, which would be 4 hours in 1 day.

You'll also require more staff to host these but thats a smaller issue. Do it if you feel the need, but it'll be a joke.
                            The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
                            All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

• Originally posted by lnx
                              Should this spider league be added as a new division into TWD? In case you think it should: do you want it to be 3vs3, 4vs4, 5vs5 or 6vs6? And, notice: in contrast to the American election, every vote counts! Thank you for your time.

If you'd like to test it out, ?go spidduel is for you.
                              Yo the laggyboy is here, or some might think so...
                              I think that the lenght will depend on what kind of map there is for TWSD. 5vs5 in spidduel doesnt take that long... but it can if both teams camp alot.

<- thats you

Comment

• this is not abouta aspider league it's about a division, so FU AND YOUR PSSISIM KOOKIE
                                There once was a man from Nantucket.

Comment

Working...
                                X