Squads to dissolve after TWL?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by death row
    too bad it didnt last long enough to see.
    but its back for more now!
    TWLD Champion 2014
    TWDTB Champion 2013
    TWDTB Champion 2016
    TWDTB Champion 2017
    TWDTB Champion 2019.. my last one.
    -tj hazuki/hazuki :wub:

Comment

Actually that Value squad was more aimed at competing against Syndicate. I remeber this all because I was on that squad. We were always DD'ing Syndicate left and right. - kid kaos

I think I would know too since I was asst. on the squad. Syndicate wasn't much of a threat at the time, regardless of how often we dd'd them.
      Awesome> i'm 20.. and definately bigger than you... where do you live, if i ever take a vacation there i'll come beat you up 7:Ripper> hahah
      7:destroy> he'll come to smash you with his keyboard
      7:death row> lol keyboard. must be thug =(((
      7:LofTy> Rofl Drow

Sika> 5:Rich> i went bowling with lofty irl

death row> just throw in a disclaimer: drunk lofty, cannot be responsible for drunk lofty's opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Lofty
        Fire was actually aimed at Season 7, not 8. And as Awesome pointed out, it was comprised out of the core of a failing reincarnation of Value, which, until that point, could have easily been -F-'s only competition for the title had it had stability. Value's best run yet no doubt.
        Didn't that value squad only exist during preseason? And the only people who considered it a threat were players on Value and people who were generally clueless about the difference between twdd and twld? I know pallies never considered Value a serious contender.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy Weasel
          Didn't that value squad only exist during preseason? And the only people who considered it a threat were players on Value and people who were generally clueless about the difference between twdd and twld? I know pallies never considered Value a serious contender.
          thats right! if pallies didn't consider them a threat, then they're not! because everyone knows pallies sets the standard in TWL-D competition. best squad ever in that league.
          RaCka> how can i get you here
          death row> well basically im holdin off cuz i jus joined sweet. so its not u, its me
          RaCka> YOU'RE DUMPING ME?!?!?!?
          death row> LOL I KNOW I JUS READ THAT LINE AGAIN

Comment

Rofl Drow

Sleepy Weasel, what exactly are you trying to say? That the players on that Value (death row, delectable, deez nuts, destroy, download, foxy, jack, mongrel, merce, ripper, ruby, squadless etc) didn't know the difference between TWDD and TWLD and thus are all incompetent league players? Had Value survived, Pallies could have fielded nothing to compete. And the only reason it didn't was some dramatic issues which provoked key people to leave and make Fire.
            Awesome> i'm 20.. and definately bigger than you... where do you live, if i ever take a vacation there i'll come beat you up 7:Ripper> hahah

death row> just throw in a disclaimer: drunk lofty, cannot be responsible for drunk lofty's opinion.

Comment

Lofty: Thats the difference between a good squad established and a POTENTIAL good squad. I dont care how many good players you can have, you need something else if you want a "team" .
              Squads like Value, Fire and even Rusher miss something that old squads like Disoblige, Pallies, .. have. Its not the name of the players in it, its the nuclear players in it that most of the times arent even very skilled.
              I talk for self experience :P
              1:PaulOakenfold> thunder doesn't have a map;... gonna join nc17
              1:PaulOakenfold> it's been real
              1:Vitja> thunders map is ?go twlj
              1:Vitja> afk
              1:Underground> haha vit
              1:Kian> LOL VITJA

-Sk8 site and forums: www.sk8squad.org

Comment

Rofl, please, don't talk about my squads like you've been on them to know what they're like. My squads always survive; in fact only two new squads that initially started up right after last season ended survived, and mine was one of them.

Comment

I doubt gantz will dissolve. But most of the players that were on it during TWL have left. Yang isnt cap anymore and random people leave and join every day.
                  -Bubbles
                  Phillie> lag isnt skill btw F-35
                  Kthx> yes it is, newbie.

Comment

Originally posted by Lofty
                    Rofl, please, don't talk about my squads like you've been on them to know what they're like. My squads always survive; in fact only two new squads that initially started up right after last season ended survived, and mine was one of them.
                    Sometimes just being there in TWD site isnt called "surviving" .. I dont blame you, I know its not easy to create a competitive squad for over one season but you gotta admit Rusher passed for lots of bad times.. There were times where you had less than 7 ppl in roster and times where u had to completely change ur roster due to squadhopping.
                    As i said it isnt probably your fault. Just wanted to give an example ..
                    1:PaulOakenfold> thunder doesn't have a map;... gonna join nc17
                    1:PaulOakenfold> it's been real
                    1:Vitja> thunders map is ?go twlj
                    1:Vitja> afk
                    1:Underground> haha vit
                    1:Kian> LOL VITJA

-Sk8 site and forums: www.sk8squad.org

Comment

• Originally posted by death row
                      thats right! if pallies didn't consider them a threat, then they're not! because everyone knows pallies sets the standard in TWL-D competition. best squad ever in that league.
                      We made playoffs 3 years in a row the last 3 seasons (and lost in a tiebreaker 4 seasons ago or it would have been 4 years in a row). 2 seasons ago we lost 2 games in the regular season before losing in playoffs (to syndicate who won the whole thing) due to a large part on attendance issues (and also syndicate was good... I'll give them credit). Last season, which is the time period that this Value/Fire squad existed we lost 1 game and were the favorites to win it all before losing to grapevine in the semi's. And technically even if you ignore all that, and think we weren't a twld threat last season even though we were the #1 seed... then us considering value not a threat would make them even worse wouldn't it? The fact that we were the #1 seed, but didn't consider Value a threat, simply meant we didn't think they were top 3. But they would have been a legitimate top 5 threat if they survived. Sure we never won it all, but neither has Final (yet). So don't get too high and mighty.

No one in their right mind thought they'd survive through an entire season though, if they even made it to the start of the season.

Yeah we struggled this season, fine, bash us for that. We went 6-4 and lost in playoffs, whatever. But in the last 4 years only Final and Syndicate/Elusive have been as strongly competitive in twld as us. Ignoring playoff games we went 28-12 in the last 4 years in twld. Give us some credit. That's averaging 7-3 per season, for 4 straight years, that's at least respectable, even if we never won the whole thing. Maybe that doesn't set the standard in twld, but come on...
                      Last edited by Sleepy Weasel; 05-23-2005, 04:35 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lofty
                        "My squads always survive..."
                        One time I was on this squad called -Solstice-.

Then another time I was back on a different squad but with the same name called -Solstice-.

Solstice 4 TWLD Champs!

Comment

• Originally posted by Lofty
                          Rofl Drow

Sleepy Weasel, what exactly are you trying to say? That the players on that Value (death row, delectable, deez nuts, destroy, download, foxy, jack, mongrel, merce, ripper, ruby, squadless etc) didn't know the difference between TWDD and TWLD and thus are all incompetent league players? Had Value survived, Pallies could have fielded nothing to compete.
                          Yeah we lost in playoffs to a strong grapevine squad after we started becomming inactive... but we couldn't have fielded a team to compete with that group? Be serious, we lost 1 game all season, to a very strong Final squad with Domi, Sika, and Raspi all playing at the top of their game and us without vihta and banzi for that game.

So Vihta, Banzi, Blood, Mattey, Hellz, Code, Swimkid, myself, Pearl Jam couldn't have competed? All of those guys have played in and won twld playoff games, and half of them have played in and won twld finals.

I'm saying just because you won twdd games doesn't mean you would have been a favorite to win twld. Don't fool yourself into thinking otherwise.
                          Last edited by Sleepy Weasel; 05-23-2005, 04:14 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sleepy Weasel
                            We made playoffs 3 years in a row the last 3 seasons (and lost in a tiebreaker 4 seasons ago or it would have been 4 years in a row). 2 seasons ago we lost 2 games in the regular season before losing in playoffs (to syndicate who won the whole thing) due to a large part on attendance issues (and also syndicate was good... I'll give them credit). Last season, which is the time period that this Value/Fire squad existed we lost 1 game and were the favorites to win it all before losing to grapevine in the semi's. And technically even if you ignore all that, and think we weren't a twld threat last season even though we were the #1 seed... then us considering value not a threat would make them even worse wouldn't it? The fact that we were the #1 seed, but didn't consider Value a threat, simply meant we didn't think they were top 3. But they would have been a legitimate top 5 threat if they survived. Sure we never won it all, but neither has Final (yet). So don't get too high and mighty.

No one in their right mind thought they'd survive through an entire season though, if they even made it to the start of the season.

Yeah we struggled this season, fine, bash us for that. We went 6-4 and lost in playoffs, whatever. But in the last 4 years only Final and Syndicate/Elusive have been as strongly competitive in twld as us. Ignoring playoff games we went 28-12 in the last 4 years in twld. Give us some credit. That's averaging 7-3 per season, for 4 straight years, that's at least respectable, even if we never won the whole thing. Maybe that doesn't set the standard in twld, but come on...
                            Relax big guy, you're getting paranoid on me lol. I made one sarcastic comment and you write your life story on how I'm not "giving your guys any credit(?)." You came off arrogent in that previous post, so I replied with a sarcastic comment (thats it!). You just read way too much into it. If you pay attention, I initially said Value was good on paper, but didn't last long enough to see. lol jesus
                            death row> well basically im holdin off cuz i jus joined sweet. so its not u, its me

Comment

• For the record I hate when people do that whole "relax I was just kidding" routine. It always feels like a cop out response to me, even when it's true. Although I'm glad you refrained from throwing a smilie in, or this could have exculated into a blood feud. I would have had to have considered paying off sika to take a dive next week or something to screw your squad over.

No it's not going to kill me one way or the other if people think the same way I do or not. If you really thought Pallies wasn't a legitimate contender in twld over the years to talk about it then fine. But I still feel required to get my reasons out there, even if it means it's a somewhat long post, so people who disagree with me can see why I think what I think. And yeah I'm going to throw in statistics too, because I love looking at that kind of stuff. I feel like I have to at least justify my statements if people want to call me out on them (like this particular post). After that, if people still disagree, then well I said my piece, got nothing else to say, and I don't worry about it from there on out. And yes I was arrogant in my first post... I'd liked to have ramped up the arrogance some more, but alas, we're out of the playoffs; so I don't have too much room for it. Maybe in the future, although I"m supposedly retired I think.

Technically I'd point out I was half kidding with my final couple sentences (it was more obvious before I edited things, imagine someone throwing his hands in the air repeatedly pleading "come on! ... come on!" [para-parenthetical comment: I sometimes act out posts in my head, is that strange?] to get the effect) except pointing that out would make me hate myself. An English major just had a complete mental breakdown reading that.

I know, I made another entirely too long post again. It's what I do. College has taught me how to stretch out 2 sentence ideas into 12 page papers and I can't get it out of my system.
                              Last edited by Sleepy Weasel; 05-24-2005, 09:03 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sleepy Weasel
                                For the record I hate when people do that whole "relax I was just kidding" routine. It always feels like a cop out response to me, even when it's true. Although I'm glad you refrained from throwing a smilie in, or this could have exculated into a blood feud. I would have had to have considered paying off sika to take a dive next week or something to screw your squad over.

No it's not going to kill me one way or the other if people think the same way I do or not. If you really thought Pallies wasn't a legitimate contender in twld over the years to talk about it then fine. But I still feel required to get my reasons out there, even if it means it's a somewhat long post, so people who disagree with me can see why I think what I think. And yeah I'm going to throw in statistics too, because I love looking at that kind of stuff. I feel like I have to at least justify my statements if people want to call me out on them (like this particular post). After that, if people still disagree, then well I said my piece, got nothing else to say, and I don't worry about it from there on out. And yes I was arrogant in my first post... I'd liked to have ramped up the arrogance some more, but alas, we're out of the playoffs; so I don't have too much room for it. Maybe in the future, although I"m supposedly retired I think.

Technically I'd point out I was half kidding with my final couple sentences (it was more obvious before I edited things, imagine someone throwing his hands in the air repeatedly pleading "come on! ... come on!" [para-parenthetical comment: I sometimes act out posts in my head, is that strange?] to get the effect) except pointing that out would make me hate myself. An English major just had a complete mental breakdown reading that.

I know, I made another entirely too long post again. It's what I do. College has taught me how to stretch out 2 sentence ideas into 12 page papers and I can't get it out of my system.
                                Cool. Except if you read my post again, I never said I was "only kidding." There's obviously some strong opinion behind my sarcastic comment, but not as much as you made it out to be. As for your Final comment, I wasn't exactly sure what -f- had anything to do with this topic nor me acting "high and mighty". So I ignored it. Technically, you admitted yourself that you know you were sounding arrogent. If anything, you described yourself (high and mighty) there.

Comment

Working...
                                X