TWBD Tourny Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cremation
    Wouldn't it make sense to switch the 3PM games with the 4PM ones so the people playing in them have a chance to rest/do something else as opposed to playing for 2 straight hours. Just a thought.

oh and since on the other thread u said u were SEEDING squads in that particular order, wouldnt it make sense that the #1 and #2 squads got by's? Again, just a thought.. i'll play the games either way :P
    We were going to do that, but I'll be honest here; we wanted to get the schedule done and we were having a bit of trouble making a fair format, and Nethila came up with that one and everyone agreed that it was good so we used it. It was my fault for saying that the layout would be based on the list we made earlier. i.d. wanted to do it the same way we do the TWL matchups (which is to get a bunch of people to rank the squads in order and go from that). Like Nethila said, the bunch of us had pretty much the same top 4 or 5, so we used that. Another reason is that since both i.d. and myself are on Spastic, it would probably be better if we were around to set the first games up and watch them rather than be occupied with actually playing too.

I also had the 3/4 PM games switched, but it was suggested to me that the squads wouldn't want to play a game and then have to wait 1 1/2 hours to play the next one, especially on a Sunday. If the squads in question REALLY object this, we can change it, but we would rather keep this schedule the way it is.

Maybe consider letting people not in a participating squad make the schedule?#
    Looks pretty damn biosed to me, and im not even playing.
    For one thing, any player that is not participating is likely to not even know or care enough about TWBD to make a fair schedule.

Like we said before, Nethila came up with the matchups and even made that image that I put in the first post. If we had invited the squads a week or two later, we might have been able to use 12 squads and avoid a bye, but when we made the list, there were clearly 10 squads that played a lot of matches, and the ones after that had played less than 10 matches since TWD had reset.

Finally, if you don't like it, you don't have to play.
    sdg

Comment

You guys always look sad. I wouldn't even care if you'd make us play every single squad before entering round 2, we are going to win this, we aren't going to lose a match.
      You ate some priest porridge

Comment

Originally posted by Nethila
        we all listed the top 3 contenders as dice, spastic, and a-s, thus dice and spastic get bye's
        You just redefined the meaning of top contender.
        You ate some priest porridge

Comment

mikes picks

diso over volcano
          hillpeace over basingcrew (upset)
          |
          sk8 over pandora
          Anti-scrub over Teks
          |
          |
          sk8 over spastic (upset)
          dice over diso
          |
          dice over hp (ez)
          sk8 over antiscrub (upset)
          |
          |
          dice over sk8

im not favoring any squad, i tell it like it is

Comment

Why do people always yelp about these things. If you're truly good enough you'll win your games and win the cup or whatever it is. That's just been my general attitude in this game, fuck the situation and just own.

Comment

re

Pandora should be the one who gets a bye, but whatever we'll just win it the hard way .

Comment

Originally posted by Nockm
                Why do people always yelp about these things. If you're truly good enough you'll win your games and win the cup or whatever it is. That's just been my general attitude in this game, fuck the situation and just own.
                In basing a few random shraps and laggy shark repels can mean the better team doesnt always win though. So the less comptetive rounds you play, the less chance of an upset.

Comment

I don't know what the fuck people are yabbering on about (Thix especially), between Teks vs Anti-Scrub and HP vs. BC, the winner of those two rounds get a by to the semi's. Spas and Dice may get a by through the first round, but the 2nd round they'll have to play, unlike Teks/A-S and HP/BC.
                  Originally posted by turmio
                  jeenyuss seemingly without reason if he didn't have clean flours in his bag.
                  Originally posted by grand
                  I've been afk eating an apple and watching the late night news...

Comment

Originally posted by mikes.
                    sk8 over spastic (upset)
                    sk8 upsetting Spastic? If Spastic won in that match I'd call it an upset. sk8 is no longer an underdog. With the recruitment of fizzy,subby,Necro,Ajaxee and fbz their TWLB line just got a whoooooooole lot better. Not to mention the already existing spider lineup they had with the notables of cream and Ease. Though Spastic has done some recruiting of their own, I definately think sk8 would take them.
                    Originally posted by turmio
                    jeenyuss seemingly without reason if he didn't have clean flours in his bag.
                    Originally posted by grand
                    I've been afk eating an apple and watching the late night news...

Comment

you should change it to teks vs hp and bc vs a-s for first round :P

Comment

lol good point
                        >^________^<!

Comment

With the way Pandora is playing they deserve a bye...

And How I see this turning out...

Pandora vs Sk8 - Winner: Pandora
                          A-S vs Teks - Winner: A-S
                          Disoblige vs Volcano - Winner: Disoblige
                          BasingCrew vs Hillpeace - Winner: Basing Crew

Pandora vs Spastic - Winner: Pandora
                          Disoblige vs Dice - Winner: Disoblige

Pandora vs Disoblige - Winner: Pandora

Just how I think it will turn out with best lineups there for everyone...
                          Last edited by Tobe; 01-04-2006, 07:56 PM.
                          :yawn:

Comment

hahaah the way i see it bring on the challenge w/e we prolly earned a by but i rly could care less I like playing more games ... Starting vs sk8 tho sucks they r a pretty good squad

Comment

Always going to be whining, but I still don't think there is any real disagreement right now that A-S, Dice, or Spastic will probably win TWLB (that is RIGHT NOW, though - as we have seen in the past, a lot happens during the season).

Plus, it's not like this tournament is TWL. The point of the tournament is to give you guys a chance to play. I would think Dice or Spastic would be here complaining that have to take a bye and not get another practice game in 2 weeks before TWL is set to start. There is no prize for winning this tourny, it's all just practice so why whine?

Comment

awe, shinobi didnt make it hundreds of hours of training wasted!!!!
                                Ogron - "Lifetime Achievement Award recipient for 10* attitude [Ardour]"

ranked #2 in ogrons signature of: TWL's most irrelevant nobodies pubtrash bozos with 0 titles.

TWLD Season 19 #70th Best Warbird
                                TWLB Season 19 #56th Best Spider

TW Greatest no-shipper 2002 - Present

Comment

Working...
                                X