Stricten the lag limits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Doc Flabby View Post
    Some brazillians lag less than some american players. work that one out.
    Sure if they're on 56k with a bunch of downloads on.. but that's no what we're talking about here. Brazilians are unable to GET the friggin connection.
    1:Kthx> Hey Cower ill let you play the next game if you can name me five medieval weapons.
    1:Cower> Sword
    1:Kthx> ok
    1:Cower> Axe
    1:Kthx> WAIT, YOU GOT IT
    1:Cower> ?
    1:Kthx> GET OFF THE CHAT

Comment

Originally posted by Ward View Post
      Yea just make the limit around 200. There are a bunch of nerds who think they'll get away with 56k. Get a job and get a fuckin connection u cheap fucks
      Thats just plain fuckin stupid ward.....There are those of us that live so fuckin far from the server that even with an incredibly stable connection that rarely spikes, would suffer from the supposed laglimit decrease, I average 260-300 ms without spiking over, and that is on 512 adsl.

Its not our fault fuckin americans have bill gates and his super technology fuckin isp connections is it? Instead of sitting here bitching and moaning because john smith apparently lag spiked past a bomb, why dont you find a way to combat the lag you whinging fucktard.

Comment

If you have 56K.
        Change ure connection speed to 28K in the modem settings. This will improve ure ping cuz the data wont be compressed anymore.
        This is easy to do, so plz do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Money View Post
          honestly

i think it should be capped at 130ms, that will be the best league.
          paska> ?lag
          PING Current:140 ms Average:150 ms Low:140 ms High:1130 ms S2C: 0.1% C2S: 0.1%

Good idea...
          2:Chief Utsav> dwop scale 1-stayon how mad r u atm

Comment

Originally posted by Ripp View Post
            Thats just plain fuckin stupid ward.....There are those of us that live so fuckin far from the server that even with an incredibly stable connection that rarely spikes, would suffer from the supposed laglimit decrease, I average 260-300 ms without spiking over, and that is on 512 adsl.

Its not our fault fuckin americans have bill gates and his super technology fuckin isp connections is it? Instead of sitting here bitching and moaning because john smith apparently lag spiked past a bomb, why dont you find a way to combat the lag you whinging fucktard.
            O yea? Then why don't you give me a few tips on how to dodge 200mph shots that come out half way through on my screen instead of running your mouth and act like you're too fuckin offended? You obviously can't. Laggots are generally alot harder to play against than vs people who don't lag, especially if a laggot got some sort of skill (mega newbie). And I'm not whining about it, I'm just being demanding and I want this game to be fun for everyone. Persuading staff to take some actions such as stricted the lag limits is what I'm trying to accomplish. If your connection can't handle this game (or vise-versa), find another game to play jesus. And obviously there are ways to improve your connection wherever you live, unless it's africa or something. I even know a few brazilians whose lag is very tolerable, so don't gimme this shit about server being far away cuz its all nonesense.
            1:Kthx> Hey Cower ill let you play the next game if you can name me five medieval weapons.

Comment

Originally posted by Ward View Post
              O yea? Then why don't you give me a few tips on how to dodge 200mph shots that come out half way through on my screen instead of running your mouth and act like you're too fuckin offended? You obviously can't. Laggots are generally alot harder to play against than vs people who don't lag, especially if a laggot got some sort of skill (mega newbie). And I'm not whining about it, I'm just being demanding and I want this game to be fun for everyone. Persuading staff to take some actions such as stricted the lag limits is what I'm trying to accomplish. If your connection can't handle this game (or vise-versa), find another game to play jesus. And obviously there are ways to improve your connection wherever you live, unless it's africa or something. I even know a few brazilians whose lag is very tolerable, so don't gimme this shit about server being far away cuz its all nonesense.
              hahahahhahah. words are cheap!

Comment

I just gotta say, I was playing a DD the other day against these cats that had like 300+ ping but the bot wouldn't spec them at all. I had Steph come in and watch it, cause I thought I was just crazy. So, in practice, the bots should be lowered.
                DELETED

Comment

Originally posted by Dameon Angell View Post
                  I just gotta say, I was playing a DD the other day against these cats that had like 300+ ping but the bot wouldn't spec them at all. I had Steph come in and watch it, cause I thought I was just crazy. So, in practice, the bots should be lowered.
                  yea dude

Originally posted by applecheek View Post
                  hahahahhahah. words are cheap!
                  I guess they are if staff wouldn't do anything about it

Comment

I'm going to post as someone who started playing at 250ms, eventually went to 300ms, and now sits pretty at 30ms.

Lag? You get used to it. If that weren't true, laggers would suck. Not to mention if something like this were in place all along there would be no Americans playing TW since the server was previously in Helsinki! I say keep the limits where they are, quit bitching, and learn to play vs. laggers. It isn't hard to do; I'll even give you a tutorial:

1. Go by Wal-Mart and pick up an AOL cd.
                    2. Sign up for free trial.
                    3. Dial up, go play elim.
                    4. Become a lag master.
                    5. Cancel AOL, go back to your nice Comcast connection.
                    6. Waste all the laggers in the zone with ease.

Edit: And on the topic of "omfg bullet from halfway across the screen!":

That's a bit of an exaggeration. You'd need a good 500ms or greater to get something like that. While there is some amount of delay between the shot and the time you see it, most better players are dodging before a shot is ever fired anyway. Besides, you could always just use their lag to your own advantage by making more sudden movements just before they fire. If you can't even predict when someone is going to fire you don't belong in twd/twl anyway. I honestly don't have a prob with bullets appearing far away from a ship, it's when I can't see the person's ship well enough to lead my shots that something is fishy, and that doesn't happen unless he spikes uncontrollably (which never happens in twd anymore).
                    Last edited by Foreign; 01-24-2007, 04:55 PM.
                    -Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Foreign View Post
                      I'm going to post as someone who started playing at 250ms, eventually went to 300ms, and now sits pretty at 30ms.

Lag? You get used to it. If that weren't true, laggers would suck. Not to mention if something like this were in place all along there would be no Americans playing TW since the server was previously in Helsinki! I say keep the limits where they are, quit bitching, and learn to play vs. laggers. It isn't hard to do; I'll even give you a tutorial:

1. Go by Wal-Mart and pick up an AOL cd.
                      2. Sign up for free trial.
                      3. Dial up, go play elim.
                      4. Become a lag master.
                      5. Cancel AOL, go back to your nice Comcast connection.
                      6. Waste all the laggers in the zone with ease.

Edit: And on the topic of "omfg bullet from halfway across the screen!":

That's a bit of an exaggeration. You'd need a good 500ms or greater to get something like that. While there is some amount of delay between the shot and the time you see it, most better players are dodging before a shot is ever fired anyway. Besides, you could always just use their lag to your own advantage by making more sudden movements just before they fire. If you can't even predict when someone is going to fire you don't belong in twd/twl anyway. I honestly don't have a prob with bullets appearing far away from a ship, it's when I can't see the person's ship well enough to lead my shots that something is fishy, and that doesn't happen unless he spikes uncontrollably (which never happens in twd anymore).
                      as another old lagger that used to have a steady 300 ms, and who now has a steady 30 ms (or below) i would have to agree with this statement... and I like being lag free A LOT better than laggy... I remember when i was laggy I would get as many eats on other people as they would get eats on me, really annoying knowing half your shots wont kill, nowadays almost all my shots kill, but im smart enough to not rely totally on that one shot to kill someone off

on a side note, is Stricten even a word? cuz the core word is strict and ive never heard of stricten, ive heard of being "more strict" or maybe even stricter works (i doubt it)? but stricten??? i dont think it does
                      RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
                      RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

I once had 300ms because I had dialup, and that was the only thing available(lived in north eastern USA). Every elim I played in I couldn't finish due to a spike here or there. Then I got better dialup and I was able to play elim's and dd but it was still terrible for the same reasons you guys mentioned. I'm at 40-60ms and I'd never go back to anything over 150ms if I could avoid it.
                        1:Best> lol why is everyone mad that roiwerk got a big dick stickin out his underwear, it's really attractive :P
                        3:Best> lol someone is going to sig that
                        3:Best> see it coming
                        3:Best> sad

Comment

just how stupid can people be...?
                          money or high-speed internet isn't the problem.

distance from the server is.
                          300 ms is fine, how can some people who spike everyday whine about 230 ms
                          TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

Originally posted by Jones View Post
                            just how stupid can people be...?
                            money or high-speed internet isn't the problem.

distance from the server is.
                            300 ms is fine, how can some people who spike everyday whine about 230 ms
                            I was wondering when someone was going to point that out, im willing to bet that if I was as close to the server as some of you with my current connection id be around 100ms average instead of 260-300.

What makes it worse is the isp rates between say the americas and australia, 2mb connection over there would set you back, what $20-$30 a month, something like that over here would be around the $150 mark a month.

Just food for thought

Comment

Working...
                            X