No announcement yet.

The New TWSD (twsdx)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

those corners are just coincidence, leave the map as is, all corners will get played its just a matter of where the flagger is running to, when i had flag i would kill and use all 4 corners to keep alive..great map, great game i say keep it with the bricks prized every 20 secs and it will be a new big league, probably could take over twlb :x

Comment

Originally posted by Reaver View Post
      As of right now, the things we're hoping to have implemented in the final version are this:
      • 1 non-stationary (moves with whomever picked it up first) flag
      • transferable flag upon-death
      • points awarded for the team holding the flag (very small amount of points)
      • more than normal amount of points awarded per kill by the flag carrier
      • normal points awarded per kill by non-flag carrier
      • non-random damage
      • Implementation of Brick's into the game play allowing for temporary fortified movable bases
      • Attach to other spiders

Ideally it should combine an aspect of basing and an aspect of dueling. Allowing players to be creative to an extent and set up bases in many different area's and shapes to better defend against the enemy is something I've wanted to incorporate for awhile. The flag will award points over time, but a very small amount so that it balances; killing the other team many times can be more effective than the team that's running and hiding without killing while holding the flag.

As always, if you have comments feel free to let us know, though we are planning to at least give the above mentioned settings a try.
      Agreed.

Bricks are good also.
      Prize the bricks by bot each 20 seconds or so, prize 2 at a time every 3 seconds. I don't know, this might have been worked out already, not sure.

Anyone think current TWSD should just be replaced by TWSDX and adopt the TWSD name?
      (Twerp and Duel Pasta)
      5:dads revenge> they are both actually my virtual pet salamanders I have to feed them virtual flies 3 times a day

1: Pandagirl!> What do I say back to that
      1: Pandagirl!> How about "lol"
      1: winipcfg> despite "lol"'s versatility, I don't think that'd be good in the situation

If you can't beat them, eat them. ?go zombies3 - Chao <ER>

Ricko> mvp gets poppadums from weak's corner shop

Comment

leave it as twsdx! prize bricks every 20 secs, thats it!

Comment

It will replace twsd when its finished and bug free...
          And no, we will not prize bricks every 20seconds or whatever
          because it ruins the game play we were after.

You have to be strategic with the brick, not just having tonnes of bricks
          to place all over the map...
          PubBot8> Going to 69 :greedy:

Jacklyn> I'll play with this clit thing later
          Dr.Coiff> i've played with it

3:Mirror <ZH>> fly around and boom blow everyone up

Comment

ok how about 8 second bricks every 30 seconds? still requires strategy

Comment

Hella fun. know when the bot will be wroking, rii?
              Whos got the crack!?

Comment

Originally posted by AcidBomber View Post
                I would say make it 3v3, any more than that is gonna be rape for the unlucky spid who gets spawned by like 4 or 5 =P

besides, is already painful enough to find squads who have 4 on to DD/JD... make it 3 so they have that option open so they dont have the excuse of saying "LETS DD AND JD INSTEAD OF SD". But if the squad only has 3 people on, then if they want to TWD, SD is the only choice which can therefore boost its popularity amongst the less active squads to get games going and have fun.
                agreed. I personally love spiders and I think it would be awesome to be able to challenge someone with them. I'm not a huge fan of basing and dueling is getting old after 5 or 6 years, so combining the best aspects of them both, I think twdsx is a great idea. Mad props to riistar and reaver and whoever else. I don't play this game very much anymore so anything that increases activity is a plus
                Currently listening to:
                Valient Thorr - Immortalizer
                Dead to Me - Little Brother
                Tim Barry - Manchester
                Lemuria - Get Better
                Alkaline Trio - Agony and Irony

Comment

It's been awhile so here's an Update...
                  For all those who keep asking me, no i haven't forgotten about TWSD...

It needs 1 major tweak to be ready and left to its own devices without us losing the flag outside the arena
                  (Basicly the bot will pickup and drop flag into the arena from what i've been told)...

Recently alot of bot coders quit and the ones that haven't aren't active for various reasons, the main
                  contributor to this project for the bot was MMaverick himself and since he had to move to a new house
                  (like i just did last week) we are both without internet for the interim.

To top that off, Priitk changed the passwords on his server where RoboQueen is hosted,
                  for those that don't know this already that is the Hub the hosts/controls the Matchbots for twd.

No one has this new password currently, so nothing can be updated.
                  We're working on resolving this, but as u can imagine its a slow process with priitk.
                  Last edited by RiiStar; 09-11-2008, 05:23 PM.

Comment

Update:

Had some new code applied, thanks to MMaverick (even tho his schedule is full)
                    and we ran a test for the most part all went well...

Round times have been lowered to 5mins at the suggestions of the twd squads
                    who helped with the test run. Since 10min rounds ends up around 40mins with
                    roster organization etc...

Couple more small tweaks and a test, and it would seem we're almost ready!

:fear:

Comment

Sounds good, keep up the good work
                      1:Best> lol why is everyone mad that roiwerk got a big dick stickin out his underwear, it's really attractive :P
                      3:Best> lol someone is going to sig that
                      3:Best> see it coming
                      3:Best> sad

Comment

nice
                        violence> dont talk 2 me until u got 900+fbook friends and can take 1 dribble from the 3 point line n dunk

[Aug 23 03:03] Oops: 1:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life
                        [Aug 23 03:20] money: LOL NOT QUITE VIO BUT 5:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life

Comment

About time, going to have to prove I'm the best twsd player in tw again.
                          (Steadman)>they went out drinking... ogron siaxis and siaxis gf
                          (Steadman)>apparently ogron is EXTREMELY morbidly obese and ridiculously sweaty
                          (Steadman)>and he spend the entire night being awkward and staring at siaxis gf
                          (Steadman)>and after that they did not meet up again...

Iron Survivor> you missed something in your sig. he also smells like cheese

Comment

tileset is amazing. kudos to unliked

as for the positioning of the tiles, some very good tile formations that involve alot of strategy. and those flyover and flyunder tiles are great to stop bricks being put there
                            1:Underground> WHO THE FUK ARE THE WITH, EASE, WITH EASE, EASE JR.

Yojo?> And I keep arguing that when everyone else sees his stuff 3/10 of a second ahead of him, factoring in the 3/8 of a second it takes your brain to tell your hand to move, it's nothing to do with skill =/

1:zidane> they dont wanna play vs. u dald
                            1:B4sERmaN75_X> dald youve been blacklisted by pirates gg

1:Ease> fucking stupid newbie sitting out of base for half an hour, then you finally come in and fire shots at 1000 mphl

Comment

what is the name of the arena? cause twsdx seems to be the same.

Comment

?go twsdx and the SD maps have not changed, the only change in the future will be an updated credits board at A1...

Comment

Working...
                                X