TWD Roster Cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWD Roster Cap

I think it could be a good time to test out a roster cap, especially for those squads that play TWBD. Note that I said TEST! Looking at the BD ladder I noticed it only has 7 teams, 2 of those teams will probably average <1 game per month. 3 of the remaining 5 teams have 40+ people on them, majority basers. Lets split them up so we actually have more than 3 squads to play against every night! Food for thought.
    Yes, I think it would increase the competition.
    62.75%
    No, I can't bear not being with ALL of my friends at once
    37.25%

can't do it, not even if the limit is at 100. hms is a moron, witness is a moron. #fuckit

http://forums.trenchwars.org/showthr...mit&highlight=

No limit (roster cap remains same)
    45.13%

35 max players on squad
    47.18%

40 max players on squad
    7.69%

notice the 92 people with a vote of 35 max on a squad. make us vote and do nothing about it. #hmsstyle
    (Steadman)>they went out drinking... ogron siaxis and siaxis gf
    (Steadman)>apparently ogron is EXTREMELY morbidly obese and ridiculously sweaty
    (Steadman)>and he spend the entire night being awkward and staring at siaxis gf
    (Steadman)>and after that they did not meet up again...

Iron Survivor> you missed something in your sig. he also smells like cheese

Comment

Ossify 60
      Rabioso 55
      Thunder 53
      Paladen 53
      Boss 49
      dicE 47
      Asians 46
      Epidemic 45
      Clawed 43
      Lethal Dose 43
      C H E E Z 42
      STONERZ 40
      Discombobulated 38
      Devest 38
      Brainwave 37
      Anti-Scrub 37
      Savanger 37
      Penetrate 36
      sage 33
      Rapid 32
      Respect 32
      Blind 32
      Ancients 32
      Solar 31
      Los Diabloz 30
      Mad 30
      Quicksand 30
      Deliria 29
      Ferous 29
      Warpath 28
      Dark 24
      Disoblige 22
      Next 21
      Rhino 20
      Chrondrite 18
      -Defiant- 18
      POUNDED 18
      madeira 18

we also don't have these numbers anymore.

Comment

I was actually thinking more along the lines of 20-25 per roster, but that's not up to me. Just with Freebie/LEGO/Penetrate alone we can turn 3 squads into like 8 (6 is more likely due to all the inactives)

Comment

Hey lizard fuel how about you word the poll less shittily biased if you want people to take it seriously.

Here let me give you an example.

TWD Roster Cap - Poll

1. Are you a stupid whiny fucking cunt who wants to increase the "competition" supposedly in this zone by making veterans who have been playing on squads together for like six years split up because newbies are helpess fucking losers who cant' get good enough to win a championship?

2. Are you an excellent member of the community who wants people to be able to play with who they want and likes tits, freedom, and has sex all the time and doesn't want squads to be broken apart by a communist agenda?

Obviously thats just a tiny bit more obvious than yours but still.
          Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Draft, WTF am I getting blamed here, this is probably the one league I really have not had much to do with outside of basic TWD calls.

Comment

sorry i'm just use to blaming shit on you cause youre always in it. but you closed my thread about twd roster limit as i linked about. so you are kinda in it. k bye lol

Comment

cap it.

worried about activity though.
                4:BigKing> xD
                4:Best> i'm leaving chat
                4:BigKing> what did i do???
                4:Best> told you repeatedly you cannot use that emoji anymore
                4:BigKing> ???? why though
                4:Best> you're 6'4 and black...you can't use emojis like that
                4:BigKing> xD

Comment

Originally posted by Draft View Post
                  sorry i'm just use to blaming shit on you cause youre always in it. but you closed my thread about twd roster limit as i linked about. so you are kinda in it. k bye lol
                  That's what we have dezmond for, to blame for everything.

And wark, yes I'm biased. I'm allowed to be. Even if you don't agree with my reasoning the baseline remains the same. Either you want to see a roster cap or you don't

Comment

i dont care.

throw one on there for 2 months then remove it again.
                    make sure there is a start and end date defined from the beginning.

then go back and ask how people liked it.

if you see activity spike to new heights of awesomeness, maybe it was a good thing.
                    if nothing significant changed in activity, then you know it didnt do shit and people can stop whining about it.

the big thing is that if you decide to add this temporarily, say really really big on the twd website exactly when youre removing the cap again. if you cant bring yourself to put an end date on a brief trial period, then dont do it at all.

of course, all of this is dependant on when twl starts. if you decide to start it soon, dont bother with this until after. you usually need a few good weeks to let the twd ladder sort itself out for twl qualifications.

also, in my opinion, any cap that is set low enough to actually force the creation of new squads (like 20 or so) will break basing activity. (and no, saying that there are more squads around so there will be more opportunity to play someone is a joke and not an answer for that one)

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

No, well then there should be exceptions, for example it would be stupid if we (diso) would have to remove the inactive old diso vets who has been on ouir roster for years just because of a twd cap limit.
                      I understand if you want to create more activity but removing inactive old guys who doesn't play is no idea.
                      https://soundcloud.com/annux-1/annux-relief

1:Wah!!>THE WAY I FEEL FOR YOUUU HOHOHOHOOH OHOHO
                      1:Wah!!>OH OH OH OH OH OH OOOHH
                      1:Wah!!>I dont worry cause
                      1:soild <ZH>>EVERYHTINGS GONNA BE ARLIGFHT
                      1:Wah!!>people keep on talking
                      1:soild>they can say what they like
                      1:Wah!!>ALL I know is:
                      1:soild>EVERYTHINGS GONNA BE ALRIGHT

Comment

Yes for roster cap. Whichever baser i asked to join our team has gone to penetrate/freebie instead because these teams can do 2 bds at the same time. Jesus christ.
                        2:blood> i think vt is a terrible player to be honest
                        2:vt> what makes you think i am terrible
                        2:blood> irrefutable empirical evidence

Comment

i can't decide whether to just laugh away this joke thread from my head or start flaming at your plain retarded idea that has been proposed at least 10 times the past 2 years, but guess i could just flame and give some constructive criticism at the same time. alright, let's start!

now, how many times exactly do i have to say no for all you idiots to make you understand that this idea will not work at the current state of the game? because you fools keep bringing up this topic over and over again.

first of all, basing would die. trust me, it would fucking die or be even more inactive than it is at the moment. it would be near impossible (not to mention frustrating as hell, almost as frustrating as playing against me and my lag) to find an opponent with 7 or 8 players available for a basing match if the rosters were limited to, let's say, 25 to 30 members. and before one of you morons reply and make yourselves look like complete fools, basing with 5 or 6 players sucks -- and whoever thinks something else should just jump off the tallest building in their neighborhood, break their neck and die.

if there should be a roster cap of some sorts, it should be much more complex than the one you fools are suggesting. it should include features such as these:
                          • increased roster capacity for squadrons that have been around for a longer period of time thus promoting squad longevity. roster capacity limit would increase every month (or every three weeks) and there would be a limit of how much extra roster space you can earn. currently there aren't that many squads that stick around season and after season, and they deserve the credit.
                          • older members of the squadron (>180 or >240 days) would not take much (if even any) of the roster capacity limit, especially if the player has not played a single twd game in more than two weeks. this would allow old members of the squadron to stay loyal without forcing the captain(s) to axe the player in order to get some extra roster space for new members. not to mention this would encourage players to stick around in one squadron instead of hopping around like a rabbit on crack. in fact we could even give a shiny medal for players that are loyal to their squads. several different colors depending on how long they have been on the squadron. the fuck like i know what they should look like.
                          • new players (meaning genuine new twd players, players that have never been on a twd squad before on any alias) would not take anything off the roster capacity limit until they have been on the squad (or on multiple squads) for a total amount greater than 30 days. this would encourage squadrons to recruit public players or elimination players that have never played twd before, as they could increase their roster members without using up their valuable roster capacity limit.

just some of the several ideas that one could implement to the roster capacity idea. just setting a limit of 25 (or 30, or even 35) would fucking fail due to the zone being inactive.

just my two cents.

(looks like i used the words "fool", "idiot", "retard" and "moron" way too much, sorry for this. i love you guys!)

Comment

^ another pro post by turban. fuck my life.

Comment

i would much rather rejoin trench wars staff than have a roster capacity idea implemented, by the way. and that says a lot considering how many brats there are in that damn staff team. or maybe things have got better since i left. :wub:

triple post! easy.

Comment

Working...
                              X