Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IMPORTANT: TWD Reset, Rule change, Roster limit.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IMPORTANT: TWD Reset, Rule change, Roster limit.

Hey, there has been questions about twd reset.
    So here is your answer, twd will reset later next week.

With this new reset we'r going to make some changes in TWD.

Rule change: 48h waiting period on squadchange rule to 24h waiting period.

Roster limit: 35 players.

Why the roster limit?
    - This will create more twd squads and create more activity and games, we hope. We will see. If there is something wrong with the roster cap, we can always adjust it. Just be patient.

EDIT:
    TWD reset will happen next friday (09/16/11). Also the roster cap will be applied after reset.
    62 out of 64 squads already under or at 35 players, big thank you to captains.
    Last edited by PredatoR_FNM; 09-13-2011, 01:45 PM. Reason: reset date set
    Original Mambonian
    TWD Head Coordinator

Its frustrating to write these lines after every post^
    I'd hope there would be another way..like some automatic system that fills them itself after every post.

I'm already calling it - roster cap is gonna have to be raised.
    NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

just do 35 for normal 1 league squad, 40 for 2 and 45 for 3, or something

obviously this happens the day my squad merges -_-

Comment

Originally posted by Not ThiX View Post
        just do 35 for normal 1 league squad, 40 for 2 and 45 for 3, or something
        how does one designate whether or not their twd squad is 1, 2, or 3 leagues.
        Gripe> apok is good but he's completely wasted his youth playing this game

Comment

i dont see why you guys think a cap will make more activity, in tenure we are always doing 2 bds or 2 jds/dd at same time as a bd or some shit, making new squads because of a cap just makes more ppl have to be a captain and more squads that will play for a week or a month and fall apart.
          7:RoDNeY> u dont know what afk means u think it means the arab way of saying KFC

Comment

maybe a specific amount of games in each league played per month would be required? 20 games per month?

also, twd is so active right now because of the big squads. the bigger the squad, the more of a chance they will have enough to play, and the more of a chance there will be an opponent (another big squad) who has enough.

twd is super active right now, why change it? there's plenty of player movement anyway, theres bound to be a few new squads that come up with time.

plus, the people that will be axed from rosters to meet the requirement will be of 2 categories: newbs and inactive vets.

newbs are incapable of starting their own squad with stable leadership that will end up successful, enough so to play games (maybe one squad will come out of this)

inactive vets are inactive and typically only interested in logging on occasionally to play a game or two

this is more likely to kill the activity/competition in twd rather than aid it
            Last edited by Pressure; 09-05-2011, 05:34 PM.

Comment

Squad Roster Cap

I hear there will be a roster cap beginning next week that will only allow you to have 35 people rostered. If this happens, you will watch trenchwars die before your eyes, if people who have been in paladen and spiritcrushers and other squads have to leave.... They're gonna be pissed off and they'll simply quit... I've had players on my squad tell me that they're glad to be on my squad because sometimes life gets in the way and they can't play for extended periods of time, but when they come back...they know the squad will always be there... This will kill trenchwars, please reconsider this roster cap people!

Comment

who u
                1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

it's about time this happens, should be good for the zone.

Comment

This
                    is
                    fucking
                    stupid
                    (RoboHelp)>This message has been sent by Left_Eye:
                    (RoboHelp)>TW Staff are looking for players who play regulary and are friendly, helpful, knowledgeable and who
                    (RoboHelp)>show a desire to improving the zone. If you are interested in joining TW Staff, e-mail
                    (RoboHelp)>TWStaff@gmail.com
                    (RoboHelp)>If you have any other questions regarding this issue, please use :Left_Eye:<Message>.

Comment

http://forums.trenchwars.net/showthr...e-Roster-limit.
                      Fuck it.

Comment

roster cap is and always has been a bad idea, sorry predator.

i'm inclined to agree with godspeed; there's always a first thing for everything. the reason twd is even slightly active (and fun) at the moment is because of these big and active squads, making them to force axe people (mainly, newbies) only will make twd more inactive.

at least make the limit hit the next reset when twl qualifications begin (if even then) as it would be kind of stupid to limit the squad sizes now that twd is finally active.

do some research, most of the active squads are -- surprise, surprise -- big. they won't be as active (not even close, if i may add) if they have to axe ~25% of their roster due to a stupid rule.

Comment

alright, time for a ~4 hour nap before starting to play dead island. just think it all over again, pred, i know you meant good but roster limit isn't that great of an idea. rather have the whole squad hopping rule removed completely and watch hell break loose.

Comment

turban if you can't get games on squads with 35 people then that squad has issues, you only need 8 to bd. it's called making lots of squads active, not just the squad you're on.

Comment

Originally posted by zidane View Post
                              turban if you can't get games on squads with 35 people then that squad has issues, you only need 8 to bd. it's called making lots of squads active, not just the squad you're on.
                              My squad is a great example of this stupidity. its got a shit ton of half inactive sons of bitches, more than 80% of the roster. Being big as we are we are able to get enough inactives online to play. Oh also, how about all the newbs that wont find a stable squad now? I guess you don't really care about getting people out of pub and into leagues.

shit rule is shit
                              (RoboHelp)>This message has been sent by Left_Eye:
                              (RoboHelp)>TW Staff are looking for players who play regulary and are friendly, helpful, knowledgeable and who
                              (RoboHelp)>show a desire to improving the zone. If you are interested in joining TW Staff, e-mail
                              (RoboHelp)>TWStaff@gmail.com
                              (RoboHelp)>If you have any other questions regarding this issue, please use :Left_Eye:<Message>.

Comment

Working...
                              X