Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IMPORTANT: TWD Reset, Rule change, Roster limit.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So a year and a half ago, a poll that has a roster cap of 35 winning over no cap by 4 votes when you know very well that the third option vulched votes from no limit is why you are trying to kill the zone? Seriously fucking retarded.

Make a new poll.
    Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Amen wark

Comment

For once I agree with Kthx, I dont think its is a smart idea.
        (Children)>hunted for life
        (zhou)>ofc u hear things cus ur still a virgin
        :zhou:i dont wanna go deaf bro

Comment

Indeed, its like making a poll with:
          35 limit 5 votes
          40 limit 6 votes
          a lower limit. 4 votes

And saying that 40 limit is the favorite.
          (Children)>hunted for life
          (zhou)>ofc u hear things cus ur still a virgin
          :zhou:i dont wanna go deaf bro

Comment

surprisingly, no limit won that poll! not to mention, over half of the people that voted for a limit are either mentally challenged or just plain retarded. while twd may be good for experimenting, i'm definitely against this for several obvious reason that some of you jerks don't seem to realize.

- you may call it irony if you want, but this game currently has an inactive playerbase that's actually keeping twd active; there's hundreds of players that will simply log at odd times to play a single and/or couple of twd games only to disappear for another week. the sad fact is, there simply isn't enough active players to support this proposal of a roster limit of as low as 35. if your goal is to make the zone more competitive, then all you have to do is lower the twl roster limits even more to force players to change squads if they want a twl title and/or playing time.

- where exactly are you planning on finding both active and capable captains for all these squads that are magically supposed to appear out of thin air? truthfully speaking, i wouldn't want to create a squad filled with members from the player pool of all the axed inactive member. you can't have an active squad if your entire roster is filled with inactive members -- you need several active members in order for that to work, and there simply isn't enough active players at the moment.

sure, you can have an extremely active squad with 35 members. but for that to happen, most of the members of that squad have to be active players -- and good luck finding roughly 200 to 300 active (playing every day for hours) for multiple squads for this to work.

can't type properly nor can i either fucking make a proper phrase it seems. just got off work and this just makes me more annoyed.

please, think it over. you can pull off this shit when twl qualifications start, but for the LOVE OF GOD do not limit the rosters during off season. twd is finally quite active, why ruin a good thing?

Comment

This is what happened.

Predator had a discussion one day with a few people on one of his chats where a small group of like minded individuals who don't understand or know anything about how this game runs all had a circle jerk about roster caps being the savior of this zone. I don't really blame him since we all know the same thing happened to Demonic with the unfair resolutions bullshit that was going on. Anyways they linked him to a few close polls or biased polls or old outdated polls and he started thinking that "you know what im going to save the zone, these people are totally right, the entire zone will love this" when in reality most people who aren't retarded don't want a roster cap because its fucking pointless (especially after looking at the current free agent list rofl). Anyways now good captains who are actively playing games and keeping trenchwars active are going to have to make decisions to kick old friends who want to play a game here and there off the roster or kick off newbies who might not ever have a chance to play on another higher tiered squad again due to this roster cap. Sometimes good players are found because higher tiered squads give them a chance to play with them because they seem like cool guys. That won't be happening anymore.

Thats always been the problem with staff, too many small picture thinkers and not nearly enough big picture thinkers.
              Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

fuck them long posts that make close to no sense. not that my word weights anything in this matter, despite being a twd operator for a long time now. it seems like this will happen regardless of what we say, and if my fears come true it'll be hard to recover twd if this turns out to be a failure (which it most likely will given our current player base).

Comment

Whatever, I suggest civil disobedience, make staff forcibly with their own powers axe players off your rosters, when this fails we can make sure they get axed for abuse of powers and being fucking retarded.
                  Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

of course, if we can get someone to code a very delicate (and complicated) system with training squads merged to the main squad, along with doing some drastic rule changes, then sure i'll approve this shit that's happening -- but as things stand, just an outright no from me. sorry.

Comment

doubt we (twd staff) will have to axe anyone off the rosters -- and even if it comes to that, then i won't do a shit about it (sorry, pred, you can axe me if you want, but i'll keep my stance on this matter until something drastic happens that changes my mind) because that's just the way i do my shit.

if anything, we could try to brainstorm (omg!!) and try to come up with ideas to make this work properly. such as, how to make it possible to have a main squad with training squad (farm squad) in the same roster and what kind of rules should apply to that shit.

^can't describe for piss right now. fuck me. fuck this change. ill continue to be inactive in twd i guess.

Comment

Heres something funny that proves my point

I am captain of Dynasty

http://twd.trenchwars.org/squads/11886/roster
                        http://twd.trenchwars.org/squads/11886/recent

We haven't played a game since July 20th and yet we have 28 people on the roster, 28 people who don't really give a shit if they dd or not. Now lets just say I wanted to get Dynasty active again, I would have a 7 person limit on new recruits before I hit the cap, either that or I would have to axe people who have been extremely long term dynasty players and been long term loyal to the core of this squad for years and I am going to have to leave them a message saying what..
                        "
                        sorry bro apparently axing you is making this zone really more active, thanks for taking one for the team champ"

Please, you all know this is fucking useless, just admit it, suck it up, tuck your ego back into your pants and put an end to this meaningless, useless change before you end up getting yourself axed Predator.
                        Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

I'm not understanding the fucking issue here. Is it that hard to round up 4 players for a JD/DD out of 35 rostered players? OH NOEZ, BDERS WILL HAVE TO DD/JD TO KEEP ACTIVE, HUGE ISSUE. DD/JD until you can get 6-8 players on for a BD. If you knew how to run a squad you'd get active players, if they're not keeping your squad active then axe them. Time for us to see who can really run a squad and who can't. Decisions decisions. Captains need more of a challenge anyways in this game, been stressing that for awhile.

Comment

You're just happy you finally have something to bitch about on the forums again wark
                            Retired SSCU Trenchwars Head Sysop

1:24> they'd rather add afks than me
                            24 is in for Freq 1 as a Warbird.
                            1:M_M God> gg

help: (renzi) (Public 33): is it possible for a washing machine to cause a wireless connection to lag?

Candy King, -C4L-

Comment

Yeah you are right MM :P

But I am still right and I do believe strongly in what I say here so.
                              Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

howabout no cap (or at very minimum 50) on twd and 20-person limits on TWL squads. that way the inactives can have "pop on and play" squads and then the active players can break off and make smaller squads for TWL which will also create new squads due to the cap, keeping TWL competitive and exclusive while maintaining the entertainment value of TWD? whoever posts immediately after me is a homosexual

edit: the point of twd is a sort of training grounds for TWL. what squad is gonna wanna be recruiting new people if they always have the pressure of a roster cap? how can you farm out the good 3 or 4 players out of a mass recruit when you can't mass recruit? knowing that TWL is a 20-player-per-squad league will have plenty of impact on TWD competitiveness while avoiding the problems actually associated with it.
                                Last edited by Jerome Scuggs; 09-06-2011, 04:05 PM.
                                NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Working...
                                X