Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IMPORTANT: TWD Reset, Rule change, Roster limit.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whether the idea is good or not is an endless discussion and chances of everybody agreeing on the same thing are a million to one. Fact is, the idea has been floating around for ages, it has worked for innumerable online games and it has never been tried here before. There is only one way to find out whether it's a good idea for this game and it's being done right now.
    "People fear what they can't understand, hate what they can't conquer."

"Cherry blossoms in the Spring, and starry skies in the Summer. The Autumn brings the full moon. The Winter brings the snow. These things make Sake taste good. If you don't like Sake, then there is something wrong with you." Seijuro Hiko

Comment

Rosterlimits won't solve anything. it isn't as much of a problem with having many squads as it is finding enough capts than can do it
      TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

Originally posted by zidane View Post
        it's about time this happens, should be good for the zone.

I agree, this should of been done years ago when TWD just cameout...

Im pretty sure he didnt mean activity in general bozo! He like most of us are looking for more activity in terms of more squads hopefully being formed, as well as more competition coming from this in terms of more viable squads in TWL... Also hopefully some growth in terms of newer players being able to get more playing time once they do join a TWD squad... I mean You/ur squad is the perfect example to prove his point... You guys use to have a buncha noobs and trained them by implimenting them into the game with a mix of experienced ppl, which i feel you's did a really good job of introducing new players into Organized basing and squading... now its rare to see a noob even in for Tenure... Now i love ur sexually appealing squad with the exception of royst/phren ofc, FU PHREN!!.... but squads got crazy outa hand this TWD and theres no benefit to 4-5 squads having like 60+ ppl on rosters :P

Also i think that in TWL the limit is 35 isnt it??? So i dont see why that # wouldnt work here :P

edit: LOL BOZO FUKIN LUV THE IDEA -TENURE-4LIFE
        _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

Good idea but 35 is too low. 35 is the limit for 3 league squads for twl. Their should be competition within the squad for them to fight for the spots, besides that i agree with turban. Going to be harder to get games going with this rule. Atleast make it a 40 or 45 cap limit. thanks. <3 tw

Comment

This was good for activity i bet

Dolly Molly fired from squad by danyell!! 2011-09-05 18:18:18
            Eurythmic fired from squad by danyell!! 2011-09-05 18:14:40
            Valo fired from squad by danyell!! 2011-09-05 18:14:04
            daZoo fired from squad by danyell!! 2011-09-05 18:13:52
            Sunny D fired from squad by danyell!! 2011-09-05 18:13:45
            chemikill fired from squad by danyell!! 2011-09-05 18:13:04
            TranceTunes fired from squad by danyell!! 2011-09-05 18:11:40
            textures fired from squad by danyell!! 2011-09-05 18:11:35
            Son Of Sam fired from squad by danyell!! 2011-09-05 18:11:28
            Shaggy2Dope fired from squad by danyell!! 2011-09-05 18:11:22
            Tanis fired from squad by danyell!! 2011-09-05 18:11:03
            Tanis fired from squad by danyell!! 2011-09-05 18:10:54
            tauren` fired from squad by danyell!! 2011-09-05 18:10:52
            poppadoda fired from squad by danyell!! 2011-09-05 18:10:37
            Pogrom fired from squad by danyell!! 2011-09-05 18:10:33
            panzii fired from squad by danyell!! 2011-09-05 18:10:23
            luggy fired from squad by danyell!! 2011-09-05 18:10:05
            NewHeights fired from squad by danyell!! 2011-09-05 18:09:39
            Dave Mirra fired from squad by danyell!! 2011-09-05 18:09:29
            Godzero fired from squad by danyell!! 2011-09-05 18:08:37
            Ektanar fired from squad by danyell!! 2011-09-05 18:08:19
            Harvester Of $orrow fired from squad by danyell!! 2011-09-05 18:08:11
            Jaeds fired from squad by danyell!! 2011-09-05 18:08:02
            Grand Daddy fired from squad by danyell!! 2011-09-05 18:07:52
            Vermillion Flame fired from squad by danyell!! 2011-09-05 18:07:34
            dmr fired from squad by danyell!! 2011-09-05 18:07:13
            D= fired from squad by danyell!! 2011-09-05 18:07:00
            Dark_kat++ fired from squad by danyell!! 2011-09-05 18:06:32
            Zee fired from squad by danyell!! 2011-09-05 18:05:20
            Bloody Wolf fired from squad by danyell!! 2011-09-05 18:05:08
            qwertyuiop fired from squad by danyell!! 2011-09-05 18:04:40
            Hemp Head fired from squad by danyell!! 2011-09-05 18:04:27
            Caralho fired from squad by danyell!! 2011-09-05 18:03:29
            Bo Bodacious fired from squad by danyell!! 2011-09-05 18:03:25
            Bill Hickok fired from squad by danyell!! 2011-09-05 18:03:18
            BackSpacer fired from squad by danyell!! 2011-09-05 18:03:16
            BackSpacer fired from squad by danyell!! 2011-09-05 18:03:11
            angry.chair fired from squad by danyell!!

wow, hope you guys find room to put those guys in games since we can't do it any more.
            (RoboHelp)>This message has been sent by Left_Eye:
            (RoboHelp)>TW Staff are looking for players who play regulary and are friendly, helpful, knowledgeable and who
            (RoboHelp)>show a desire to improving the zone. If you are interested in joining TW Staff, e-mail
            (RoboHelp)>TWStaff@gmail.com
            (RoboHelp)>If you have any other questions regarding this issue, please use :Left_Eye:<Message>.

Comment

lololol i feel u heroin bob, for alot of squad this gonna dead them completly. I dunno who the hell to axe.. and for many reasons other than that think it should be 45 limit. holler at me pred if u want the facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Heisman View Post
                lololol i feel u heroin bob, for alot of squad this gonna dead them completly. I dunno who the hell to axe.. and for many reasons other than that think it should be 45 limit. holler at me pred if u want the facts.
                THere is 18 squads on roster, so in a month we should be able to say a nice i told you so
                (RoboHelp)>This message has been sent by Left_Eye:
                (RoboHelp)>TW Staff are looking for players who play regulary and are friendly, helpful, knowledgeable and who
                (RoboHelp)>show a desire to improving the zone. If you are interested in joining TW Staff, e-mail
                (RoboHelp)>TWStaff@gmail.com
                (RoboHelp)>If you have any other questions regarding this issue, please use :Left_Eye:<Message>.

Comment

chyea

Comment

Originally posted by Heroin Bob View Post
                    Vermillion Flame fired from squad by danyell!! 2011-09-05 18:07:34
                    just using this one as an example from your list -- i was explaining the new pub to this player last night because it's been that long since he/she has played in it.

you should be axing inactive players anyway.

As for the cap -- I have mixed feelings about it. The lists of +s and -s are obvious. I like what rednaz said -- squad roster caps work in other online games, why not here too?

Lots of those names in your axed list appear to be quite inactive. sorry danyell <3 :P
                    Fuck it.

Comment

okay honestly - you guys did this without even asking because you knew we were all just going to say no.

Why did you even decide to do this? Obviously this is a horrible idea. There's going to be a ton of people (100+) being removed from squads and most if not all, are not going to bother finding another squad - they're just going to delete the game. Congratulations on putting the nail in the coffin. This is honestly going to be the end of trench wars, or what's left of it anyways.

I'm probably not going to play anymore either. I think that was the end of it for me. Ciao everyone, was fun / wasn't fun playing with some of you.

Comment

http://twd.trenchwars.org/squads/11672/roster

clearly limit caps would make squads like this squad play more
                        NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

About time! Stop being scared of change, it's not always bad. 35 is good whether it's a 1 league or a 3 league squad. Let's see what squads develop early and which ones can stick around. The only squads that were big and active were also the ones who had inactive loyal members and new members. If you're so worried about new players having no real leaders or elite members to play with on some random new squad then it's time for some of you to step up.

Deal with the change and adapt. Every game has changes to better it .It's not a patch, but it's good enough.

Comment

BTW, Xog, I'm pretty sure we agreed on roster cap last year with about 10 different polls.

Comment

i agree, 40-45 limit.

Comment

so i just came back from a weekend of painting the new house i'm about to move into...

my squad (expert) apparently merged with another squad (mute). this was probably done because expert was primarily a basing squad, whereas mute was primarily a dueling squad. that's just a guess/presumption on my part, but it makes sense for the two to get together so they have an overall decent mix of players.

now here's my issue. this new roster limit has totally fucked me. after the merge, mute's roster is currently sitting at 50 players. they're already going to have to boot 15 and i haven't even completed the change-over myself yet.

i'm the kind of guy who is getting pretty long in the tooth when it comes to spaceships, so i'm not crazy super active. however, i do log on here and there (mostly late weeknights or on weekends) looking to play a few twd matches. what's a guy like me supposed to do with this rule change? with the new roster cap, everyone is going to be looking for especially active players only, leaving a guy like me to only be able to find other guys like me, and then we'll all be a bunch of guys who aren't all that active and we'll never be able to get games.

just a little miffed that this was done so abruptly. and i honestly don't think it's something the majority of us want. the people who are saying it will be good for the zone seem to me to be naively optimistic, but i suppose i'm been around too damn long and that makes me especially resistant to change.

in my opinion, we simply do not have a large enough active (key word alert!) player base to support such a rule change. this is not going to promote more competition. it's going to kill off even more of the stragglers who have been clinging on year after year while this game dies just a little bit more and more.

------------------
                                tl;dr

make an exception to the roster cap rule for guys like me who have been playing this shit for over a decade so we can hang out on a fully rostered, active squad and hop in a match now and again at our convenience. speaking on my own behalf, i think my longevity and continued dedication to the game earned me the right to a little leeway.
                                jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X