No announcement yet.

TWL Season 25 Announcement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yis the hard lock was 2 minths or 6 game weeks i belief b4 the end of the seasin and we were locked in w/ the rostir we had and cud only show 6-7 for sum base games and 1 game we show 8 but had a l1g issue

would vs 0 complainink but if ppl l1g/cant shiw unexpectedly or perhaps leave the squidrin becuz the team isnt doink gr8 and instead of wantink 2 try and b part of the solution they would rathir b sulkirmin n leaf eefin though they are part of the reasin the team wasnt doink gr8 becuz they shiw up n vs sumwhat sh1t performinci but vs 0 accountibility n blame othirs, a 3 league squidrin w/ only 13 persin rostir should b able to make a transiction!

Comment

yeah, it seems reasonable to be able to remove a player from a roster spot and add a similarly skilled one up to a week or two before playoffs. especially if your squad is struggling to show full lines. i can see a potential hangup if a playoff spot is on the line but i would imagine that typically a team that is still in the mix at that point has strong show rates.

Towards the end of the season, maybe allow squads to vet some pre-approved alternates. in that case, a team that begins to show signs of struggling to show full lines could request some pre-approved roster replacements. that way if it comes to a week where lack of show rate becomes forfeitable, that squad can elect to remove someone from the roster and immediately add someone from the pre-approved slot.

that seems unnecessary, and i still cant figure how just leaving the soft lock open until close to playoffs impacts things negatively... but it is another layer of protection against abuse while still allowing day-of action in case a forfeit seems imminent.

the only thing that i think should have a hard stance is that if you had previously taken a roster spot for that league on a squad, and youve played a game, you cannot be added to another roster in that particular league. did previous seasons allow twl roster hopping prior to soft lock? i cant remember

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

The restrictions are bad. One dueling team only gets 8 players? Why wouldn't a team that is awful in one dueling league but good in the other not just signup for both, not showup for the one they wont compete in, and have 13 roster spots for the trouble?

RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
        RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Not sure where to post, but if any teams are interested in having me for base that would be awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Exalt View Post
            The restrictions are bad. One dueling team only gets 8 players? Why wouldn't a team that is awful in one dueling league but good in the other not just signup for both, not showup for the one they wont compete in, and have 13 roster spots for the trouble?
            because its an invite league with limited slots. what sort of self entitled piece of garbage would actually try to do that?

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Zeebu View Post

because its an invite league with limited slots. what sort of self entitled piece of garbage would actually try to do that?
              *cough* Accuracy *cough*

Comment

Originally posted by Zeebu View Post

Last season had multiple squads that did this, and lets not pretend TWL is some exclusive thing in 2022.

Also, 8 roster spots for 1 dueling league and 12 for base is just not enough spots no matter what. This was extremely apparent last season after multiple forfeits from multiple teams. I believe one or two even had to drop out because they couldn't field enough players. It's almost as if people cannot show up every week, shocking as this may be to some. It's also almost as if Sunday afternoons aren't really the best time to have games for a lot of people, but has never been changed or even allowed to be reviewed after 15 years of the same thing because of the 3 total Euros that still play this game would be inconvenienced.

As a side note, if people stopped stacking so badly just to bench when they'd start on other squads, roster limits wouldn't even be needed and more teams could be fielded, thus increasing the overall competition and viability of the league as a whole. Yes, likely only one or two teams will ever have a chance to win, but that's literally no different than every other TWL in the past. I'd argue it's far more self-entitled and selfish to bench on a good squad if there are options to start on another. Since basing doesn't use the same roster as the dueling leagues, we mine as well stop pretending the age old "I like squadding with friends" for TWL matters one bit. People have chats for that and TWL squads clearly don't have to be the same as one someone joins for friendship.

Basically, all past arguments are non-sensical, so roster limits don't have a reason to exist in such a strict manner. People want to bench on good squads because they want e-medals others earn for them. It's always been this way with TWL. The TW community has always done this. Fuck, people stack nonstop in TWD matches when the games don't even matter. All I suggest is that the roster limit should be more than it is for any team that only joins one league, which so far seems to be just Divine. I have no idea how you could pretend teams won't join multiple leagues for roster spots when 15+ years of this game has shown the community is overall garbage and untrustworthy when it comes to doing questionable things for an advantage.

I'd also like to say that none of this actually helps my squad. It probably only helps the best ones. Look at Evil for instance. I see 15 players rostered right now. 3 of them cannot play TWL whatsoever under the current rules. Considering all of them are at or near the top in terms of skill level in their respective ships, it seems to me to be counter-productive to let 3 of those players not play TWL at all, assuming they stay on Evil.
                Last edited by Exalt; 08-19-2022, 06:54 PM.
                RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Originally posted by Vys View Post
                  I agree also with ard. The twl me and dwopple ran with the small roster cap for 3 leagues worked really well. I really don't see why that needs to be changed?

From memory I think all 3 finals went to 3 rounds. The only negative feedback we faced was that the season was too long.
                  Except it didn't really work well. Multiple teams forfeited. You didn't notice, because only the top 2 teams had no issues whatsoever. If TWL is JUST a league between the top two teams, then it can be decided in about 1 or 2 hours on any given day and poof, the league is over. Every other team in the league is a non-factor that only extends the league. Don't try to claim everyone in the game doesn't already know what the top two teams are either, because if that were the case, you wouldn't all stack on the same squads together year after year after year.

Personally, there really doesn't need to be a TWL if the mindset you and dwop have continues. The fact that you cannot see it shows how blinded you guys are.

Real life sports leagues have full seasons and playoffs, complete with good and bad teams even when everyone usually knows who will be in the finals, because the bad teams get draft picks at the end of the year. That's what makes things actually interesting.. Suddenly, the Golden State Warriors who lost like 50 straight seasons in the NBA become a powerhouse team with enough 1st round picks. The Chicago Bulls of the 80s suddenly draft a man named Michael Jordan and become one of the best teams of all time after a few years. Take away those draft picks and the only two teams that ever matter in the NBA remain Boston and LA forever. All other teams mine as well never play another game. You would rather Boston and LA be the only teams that ever play, while trying to ruin any reason for the other teams to exist. If you want to play this game by yourself, by all means, do so, but I'm sure it will get awfully lonely after a while.

But hey, what do I know. It's not like 100000 players have quit this game already. Things are looking up! Let's marginalize all the other teams even further!
                  Last edited by Exalt; 08-19-2022, 05:07 PM.
                  RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

What in the 1950s conservatism did I just read...?

No one is forcing you to play TWL. If you're thinking about it, though, "vs some testosterone" - vio.
                    ​​​
                    zidane> big play
                    Omega Red> dwop sick
                    mr mime> its called an orca smash u uncultured fk
                    WillBy> ^^

1:Chief Utsav> LOL
                    1:Rule> we dont do that here.

cripple> can u get pregnant if u cum in gf's ass

Comment

• Originally posted by Dwopple View Post
                      What in the 1950s conservatism did I just read...?

No one is forcing you to play TWL. If you're thinking about it, though, "vs some testosterone" - vio.
                      ​​​
                      If I and everyone else don't play TWL, there is no TWL. Top two stacked squads can go play each other in a private arena and declare the winner within an hour. Stop wasting everyone else's time then, which seems to be the only thing you are capable of with worthless comments like the above. Let me know when you have something constructive to add to this discussion or game Dwopple. vs some brain cells so you can come up with a real argument
                      RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

• Originally posted by Exalt View Post

If I and everyone else don't play TWL, there is no TWL. Top two stacked squads can go play each other in a private arena and declare the winner within an hour. Stop wasting everyone else's time then, which seems to be the only thing you are capable of with worthless comments like the above. Let me know when you have something constructive to add to this discussion or game Dwopple. vs some brain cells so you can come up with a real argument
                        Lol. There's 5-6 teams willing to play in every league 2 weeks out from roster submissions for TWL. There's 15+ volunteers to captain TWDT and we're nearing 100 sign-ups ~1 month away from TWDT draft after maxing out with 147 through both FAs last season. This is 2022 TW at 15 daily average TWD games after going through periods of less than 3 per day.

Whose time is being wasted by running 2 leagues, for both player bases? No one is forcing you to play TWL. No offense, but you sound upset you aren't going to be on a TWL roster this season when there are 40+ other players who are ready for it in each league on top of the TWDT sign ups.

​​​​​
                        zidane> big play
                        Omega Red> dwop sick
                        WillBy> ^^

Comment

• Plus there are more than 2 squads at the top, and people like watching best on best regardless if they're involved or not. It's good for the zone no matter how you slice it..
                          Subspace - Best kept secret in the video gaming world. Let's keep it that way.

Comment

Lol. There's 5-6 teams willing to play in every league 2 weeks out from roster submissions for TWL. There's 15+ volunteers to captain TWDT and we're nearing 100 sign-ups ~1 month away from TWDT draft after maxing out with 147 through both FAs last season. This is 2022 TW at 15 daily average TWD games after going through periods of less than 3 per day.

Whose time is being wasted by running 2 leagues, for both player bases? No one is forcing you to play TWL. No offense, but you sound upset you aren't going to be on a TWL roster this season when there are 40+ other players who are ready for it in each league on top of the TWDT sign ups.

​​​​​
                            There are only 100 total players in this game left. Running two leagues is massive desperation to begin with, but having a TWL where most of the competition of active players aren't even around as it is due to summer is just weird to me. Doing TWL regardless to keep activity up and please the 3 people who complained about it not happening for a while is fine I guess, but then trying to fuck over rosters and restrict the playerbase to ridiculous levels after multiple teams forfeited last TWL (where the activity was MUCH higher) over it, at least one team had to drop due to multiple forfeits, squads like Vio's had to play down a player in base, etc is such stupid decision making that I honestly think you are as incompetent as they come. The only reason you're still in the position to make any decisions at all is because nobody else wants the job. You took literally none of the constructive criticism and obvious problems shown the TWDT you ran just a month ago into consideration and decided to double down on it for yet another league.

No offense Dwopple, but you're an incompetent moron who doesn't have critical thinking skills, has no managerial ability, and frankly, your ad hominem attacks do you no credit. Are you even on a roster? I haven't seen you play a game in years. What are you doing making any decisions whatsoever? You failed spectacularly just a month ago for TWDT. People like yourself kill the game, but your undeserved egos refuse to allow you to self-reflect and make improvements. Do better, otherwise fuck off. I don't care either way, but don't speak when you clearly don't have the ability to debate in good faith.
                            RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

• Originally posted by Exalt View Post

There are only 100 total players in this game left. Running two leagues is massive desperation to begin with, but having a TWL where most of the competition of active players aren't even around as it is due to summer is just weird to me. Doing TWL regardless to keep activity up and please the 3 people who complained about it not happening for a while is fine I guess, but then trying to fuck over rosters and restrict the playerbase to ridiculous levels after multiple teams forfeited last TWL (where the activity was MUCH higher) over it, at least one team had to drop due to multiple forfeits, squads like Vio's had to play down a player in base, etc is such stupid decision making that I honestly think you are as incompetent as they come. The only reason you're still in the position to make any decisions at all is because nobody else wants the job. You took literally none of the constructive criticism and obvious problems shown the TWDT you ran just a month ago into consideration and decided to double down on it for yet another league.

No offense Dwopple, but you're an incompetent moron who doesn't have critical thinking skills, has no managerial ability, and frankly, your ad hominem attacks do you no credit. Are you even on a roster? I haven't seen you play a game in years. What are you doing making any decisions whatsoever? You failed spectacularly just a month ago for TWDT. People like yourself kill the game, but your undeserved egos refuse to allow you to self-reflect and make improvements. Do better, otherwise fuck off. I don't care either way, but don't speak when you clearly don't have the ability to debate in good faith.
                              It's pretty clear you have done next to zero reading on anything related to the 2 upcoming leagues considering you think I've made any significant decisions after I made it abundantly clear I would merely be supporting the League Ops for both leagues.

I do quite love how you point out "nobody else wants the job" while following it up with a "do better, otherwise fuck off." Thanks for the constructive feedback?

I am curious, though, what would you rather have us do for leagues in TW given the various factors (volunteers, development & the high-value draw of automated bots w/ detailed stat tracking)? I don't understand what your gripe is from your 3 previous posts besides the fact you don't plan to play TWL... which is fine.
                              zidane> big play
                              Omega Red> dwop sick
                              WillBy> ^^

Comment

It's pretty clear you have done next to zero reading on anything related to the 2 upcoming leagues considering you think I've made any significant decisions after I made it abundantly clear I would merely be supporting the League Ops for both leagues.

I do quite love how you point out "nobody else wants the job" while following it up with a "do better, otherwise fuck off." Thanks for the constructive feedback?

I am curious, though, what would you rather have us do for leagues in TW given the various factors (volunteers, development & the high-value draw of automated bots w/ detailed stat tracking)? I don't understand what your gripe is from your 3 previous posts besides the fact you don't plan to play TWL... which is fine.
                                I mean you spend an hour PMing me in game over this, and the entire time you never came up with an actual argument besides "show up on Sunday or don't" as if that means something. Multiple forfeits happened last TWL. It was entirely due to roster restrictions. The only reason roster restrictions are around is to make people not be able to stack as much as they usually do, except the only teams that were hurt by roster limits were the mid-tier squads that have no shot at really winning, which are basically everyone outside of the top 2 or 3. More than a few top players just didn't play TWL rather than play for some "lessor" squad, so nothing was fixed by roster limits. This is a community problem that can only be fixed by those top players, but they didn't do it. This experiment failed and instead hurt those who were never the problem.

But whatever, you have never addressed anything I said and couldn't do so even after hours of PMing me in-game. I honestly don't think you are capable of having this conversation, either due to pride, intelligence, foresight, I don't know. It doesn't really matter either. You just aren't able to do it. You couldn't take constructive criticism last TWDT either. It's a character flaw that isn't conducive to the position imo.
                                RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Working...
                                X