No announcement yet.

TWL Season 25 Announcement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

or in your case they r 2 scared to vs any mitch as a slight undirdig they dun think teams or conditions are 100% or maybe they cant handil potentially losink a video game mitch so they dun join ne squidrin or mayb they join the consensis top squidrin if they receif an invitition

Comment

y u vs me

Comment

I feel like the roster limits are too strict at the moment. There are only 6 teams and it's a very long season, we are limiting how many people can participate in the league. I think there should be some added flexibility to take into account there are less teams and it's a long season.

Specifically 13 for both LD+LJ seems harsh given the fact we normally had 10 teams in both leagues. Small roster doesn't necessarily mean less stacking, while it always means less players participating in the league.

Comment

Originally posted by viop11 View Post
          would bet my life sivinks that the twl ops cud b willing to vs more teams into twl if ppl would b competitors n make teams n signip!
          Why make a squad if there is no guarantee it will be accepted. It all seems so cryptic how to get into this.
          TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
          TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
          TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
          TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
          TSLD CHAMPION 2018
          TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

"y u vs me"

not vsink u for anything u shouldnt b vsink yourself for if u vstid ne morils/competitif sp1r1t/didnt vs the wirst approach 2 competition on the entire planet

dun vs ppl for sumthing u wudnt want to b vstid for/treat ppl the way u would want 2 b treatid is sumthing i always considir, and if i was evir behaving like sum tr1sh juice from bottom of arbys dumpstir n not wanting to participate in a video game becuz i think teams are unfair or i might lose, or i only play if i cud b on the consinsis b1st team, i would hope sum1 would call me a disgusting/unacceptable individual and demand i applegize 2 my fimily. vs ursilf

"Why make a squad if there is no guarantee it will be accepted. It all seems so cryptic how to get into this."

if u vs it they will come. any1 who makes a squidrin and retrieves sum non girpigi playirs would be allowed in. yis if u make a squidrin w/ ursilf yoast n falconeer as your top strikirs n ask to vs all 3 leagues maybe u r rijictid, but if u cud retrief a team of non j1br1n1s i bet u r grintid entry

wut is useless is j1br1n1s like zeebu n othir non girpigi playirs sayink there should b more teams but they dun eefin join or make teams or shiw ne twl ambition

Comment

1gn1r1d

Comment

Was that towards Rab? I can't decipher ur teribil spelin.

If it wasn't to me, I shud respond anyways to clarify I'm not trying to vs anyone but explaining the hesitancy of people spending hours trying to collect a squadron together who then don't even know if it will be accepted. Most everyone is on a squad already and don't want to leave if rosters are going to be expanded like there is talk of, or if they are already sure they will be used where they are currently. In my personal case, leaving Divine is too risky to say do a remake of Paladen or something because it seems I'd have no control over if it would be accepted or not.

I doubt I'm alone atm knowing if or how I could play in the league. I'd love to play in it though like so many would!

TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
                TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
                TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
                TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
                TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Originally posted by zidane View Post
                  I feel like the roster limits are too strict at the moment. There are only 6 teams and it's a very long season, we are limiting how many people can participate in the league. I think there should be some added flexibility to take into account there are less teams and it's a long season.

Specifically 13 for both LD+LJ seems harsh given the fact we normally had 10 teams in both leagues. Small roster doesn't necessarily mean less stacking, while it always means less players participating in the league.
                  The limits are fine. 13 players was the limit for all 3 leagues last twl and there was no issues. But I do feel 8 teams in wb and jav would be better and would solve the problem otherwise we will have the same issue as this twdt.
                  Best warbird to ever enter trenchwars

Comment

the 13 playirs for all 3 leagues was an issue for ripitish last time because the rosters locked with multiple months left in the seasin and r1p1t1sh couldnt field enough for sum base games cuz a few ppl quit when we were struggling and then we had lig issues/ppl beink absint etc

i wudnt eefin b opposed to 13 playirs for all 3 leagues if dwippil didnt lock the rostirs w/ multiple months left in seasin n not alliw ripiti to replace sum1 when they leave

Comment

just write a rule allowing that a roster may resupply from the unrostered population as long as the player replacing the player removed is of relatively equal or lesser skill. that should be reviewed by all of the caps and the league ops. basically just extend the soft lock, but add the additional restriction at some point until a week before playoffs and hard lock it then.

This should mitigate viop's outlined circumstance without major impact to the league at large. a squad that needs to actually do this probably isnt at the top of the standings anyway.

the only drawback here that i can see is drama surrounding the review on whether the replacement is of 'equal skill' but that seems like a relatively minor risk due to the top teams likely never needing to do this late in the season anyway.

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Zeebu View Post
                        just write a rule allowing that a roster may resupply from the unrostered population as long as the player replacing the player removed is of relatively equal or lesser skill. that should be reviewed by all of the caps and the league ops. basically just extend the soft lock, but add the additional restriction at some point until a week before playoffs and hard lock it then.

This should mitigate viop's outlined circumstance without major impact to the league at large. a squad that needs to actually do this probably isnt at the top of the standings anyway.

the only drawback here that i can see is drama surrounding the review on whether the replacement is of 'equal skill' but that seems like a relatively minor risk due to the top teams likely never needing to do this late in the season anyway.
                        This is literally exactly what we ended up implementing for last TWL and I think it worked out pretty well.

After the soft-lock went into effect, It allowed rapid & I think 1 other squad (lululemon, maybe) more flexibility to adjust their TWL roster, while giving other captains an opportunity to veto (squads were limited to 1 veto) the roster additions before the next Sunday's matches. If a veto was used, captains at large had a chance to vote and agree or disagree (a no-vote was the same as a disagree) with the veto (2/3 majority vote). Pre-soft lock any roster changes could be made, post soft-lock changes were subject to captain veto & review. No captains ended up using a veto, though there were plenty of discussions around the proposed roster moves where a veto was almost used

The wording in the rules was pretty complex (each team has 1 veto, veto's are reviewed and voted upon by other captains to agree or disagree with the veto, 2/3 majority vote, etc.), however I do think it was an effective solution for the overall issue.
                        zidane> big play
                        Omega Red> dwop sick
                        mr mime> its called an orca smash u uncultured fk
                        WillBy> ^^

1:Chief Utsav> LOL
                        1:Rule> we dont do that here.

cripple> can u get pregnant if u cum in gf's ass

Comment

Originally posted by Dwopple View Post

This is literally exactly what we ended up implementing for last TWL and I think it worked out pretty well. After the soft-lock went into effect, It allowed rapid & I think 1 other squad (lululemon, maybe) more flexibility to adjust their TWL roster, while giving other captains (squads were limited to 1 veto) an opportunity to veto the roster additions before the next Sunday's matches. If a veto was used, captains at large had a chance to review and allow or reject the roster moves. Pre-soft lock any roster changes could be made, post soft-lock changes were subject to captain veto & review. No captains ended up using a veto, though there were plenty of discussions around the proposed roster moves where a veto was almost used

The wording in the rules was pretty complex (each team has 1 veto, veto's are reviewed and voted upon by other captains to approve or reject roster changes, 2/3 majority vote, etc.), however I do think it was an effective solution for the overall issue.
                          cool, i didnt participate last twl and had no idea. good to know its worked well enough before.

Comment

Originally posted by Zeebu View Post

cool, i didnt participate last twl and had no idea. good to know its worked well enough before.
                            Ye mb if that came off as defensive, wasn't my intention <3 I was pointing out your idea was a good one in my opinion

Not gonna lie, it did require quite a bit of hours to implement a google sheet to manage this as well as requiring captains to check roster moves each week... but it could be used again, if needed.
                            zidane> big play
                            Omega Red> dwop sick
                            mr mime> its called an orca smash u uncultured fk
                            WillBy> ^^

1:Chief Utsav> LOL
                            1:Rule> we dont do that here.

cripple> can u get pregnant if u cum in gf's ass

Comment

it worked horrendously n u vs a law school tixt book document and r1p1t1s rostir was locked in place for the final 2 minths n we werent allowed to vs changes n jus total unnecessary sh1t instead of just allowink a 3 league team w/ 13 playir rostir the ability to add sum1 who wasnt on anothir twl rostir aka c1mm1n s1ns1

Comment

as long as you removed the other people from the roster beforehand, i dont see what the issue would have been? was it just the date? did it hard lock 2 months before playoffs?

Comment

Working...
                                X