No announcement yet.

TWL Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes bleen, as much as i wanted to flame guano, i prevented myself from it in my post, i even thought of saying wat u said but hey, we all thought guano would be decent and he turned out to be crap, nothing to do about it and no need to bitch and whine.

Just wave THE PUSHER as the next best thing now. Untill he screws up or leaves.
    There is no point in singing while shitting cause shit wont come out dancing.....

Comment

Originally posted by BLeeN
      Funny how people can change their minds so easily again.

First they all waved Guano in as the next best TWL op.
      Next best thing is that they grind him to the ground.
      They are mad because it's taking so long for him to finish the bots, and they wouldn't restart TWL until they were ready.
      sdg

Comment

I'm not convicting them, I'm just pointing out a bad habit we all have. =P
        Light is faster than sound. That is why people look bright, until you hear them.

Comment

Originally posted by Ivan
          PL I think you should keep it 16 teams!
          I agree 16 is a nice number.
          _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

Originally posted by Cig Smoke
            I agree 16 is a nice number.
            Having 16 teams it's just easy to make fair teams going in playoffs, and out of the playoffs, also fair amount of numbers for 2 conferences. more advantages...
            TWLD Season 8 Champion: -FINAL-
            TWLB Season 9 Champion: -FINAL-

Sika> go in, burst and portal out © everett 2006 all rights reserved
            Cross> feel like masturbating after seeing everett in javbirt
            1:LF> my gf gives bad head, how do i fix this 1:pinkSTAR> give head to another guy 1:LF> k ur ignored
            4:moot> cintra thinks he's as good as ev now so he's decided not to talk in public like him
            1:broly> winning this title is like having sex

Comment

Hey TW... what do you do when you want to get the job done?

Put Pallies in the driver seat.
              Mayo Inc. - We should change god's name to "Tod"... see if there's any followers. - Mattey

Comment

Originally posted by Mayo Inc.
                Hey TW... what do you do when you want to get the job done?

Put Pallies in the driver seat.
                I'm a big fan of push too, but could you suck your squad's collective cock a little less?

Comment

why fewer teams?
                  why a shorter season?

it took a record amount of time to get all this started, and in the end it's going to be a shorter event?

there are enough quality teams in trench wars to support a 16 squad league. i made an example of this with basing squads a while back.

don't penalize those squads just cuz this is starting late and you want to get it done before summer or something.
                  Philos> I both hate you and like you more than anyone in this game randedl
                  Philos> there is something about you
                  Philos> You're like the wife i'd love to fuck, but beat every night after work

PhaTz> we should all wear t-shirts that says "I WAS THERE WHEN RANDEDL LOST TWLD" and on the back, "TWICE"

Comment

yeah let's do it the normal time length. No one ever complains about TWL being too long. Thanks Push for taking this back over, it needed it badly.

Comment

Hey thanks everyone! Good to be back in this mother!

In response to all that's been said about Guano, back off suckas. This guy has done a shitload of stuff for us, bot wise and with some other projects. He just happens to be a victim of his own willingness to help with everything he can. If anything, the only thing he did wrong was not letting us know sooner of his situation. Whatever though, we've got this thing rolling and are gonna launch it asap. Good luck Guano, get your shit done so you can come back and be my lackey!

About the shorter season/less teams issue. First I'd like to point out that this is not set in stone, and may very well be changed. We are just working out some ideas and this one seemed to fit quite nicely into our vision of future TWL's. I know many of you have heard us speak of continuous TWL seasons, but it never materialized. In order to do this, we felt it was necessary to adjust the league structure to allow for 2-3 TWL seasons per year. We spoke of lowering the amount of total teams in each league to 14, and decreasing TWL to a total of 12 weeks each season (7 weeks of regular season, 4 weeks of playoffs, and 1 week for the All-Star games). We also had to consider the uncontrollables such as holiday weekends, possibility of bot failure, and zone failure. For this we considered a 3 week buffer, giving us a total of about 15 weeks for each TWL season at the most. With a short break in between seasons for re-seeding of squads and TWD qualifications, we should be able to start at least 3 and fully complete 2 seasons in a 365 day period.

Another point we had to consider was competition. TWL is supposed to be a league where the best of the best duke it out for that top spot. Really we're only lowering it by two teams for each league and by three regular season games, which will be plenty for everyone. TWD will still be running during TWL, and other squads will need to keep their shit together in the event of a TWL squad being removed or dropping out. This will all work out fine. If not, we've got another season to change it.

Let's just get this shit rocking and deal with it when we have to. Personally, I'd rather have TWL up and running now, instead of slowing down for another set of changes. If things don't work out, the next season will be knocking on the door soon after this one. This is going to be a fun season! Put your game faces on and go kick some fucking ass!

-PUSH
                      Ünited Stätes Toughens Image With Umlauts WASHINGTON, DC—In a move designed to make the United States seem more "bad-assed and scary in a quasi-heavy-metal manner," Congress passed a bill Monday changing the nation's name to the Ünited Stätes of Ämerica. "Much like Mötley Crüe and Motörhead, the Ünited Stätes is not to be messed with," said Sen. James Inhofe (R-OK). An upcoming redesign of the Ämerican flag will feature the new name in burnished silver wrought in a jagged, gothic font and bolted to a black background. A new national anthem is also in the works, to be written by composer Glenn Danzig and tentatively titled "Howl Of The She-Demon."

-->CLICK HERE!$!$!<--

Comment

Originally posted by wadi
                        I'm a big fan of push too, but could you suck your squad's collective cock a little less?
                        You've obviously never gotten a blowjob from Mayo.
                        Mr 12 inch wonder

Comment

I don't think basing can field 16 competitive squads so I'm fine with lowering that. Although I think dueling and javs may be able to field 16 squads that are all able to get some wins. Maybe throw some bye weeks into basing so the leagues would finish at the same time. Whatever. Other people fighting for TWL spots probably have put more thought into this than I have.

I'd prefer 2 seasons per year, with about an 8-12 week period in between them. Although really as long as the time between them isn't a year, I"m fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattey
                            You've obviously never gotten a blowjob from Mayo.
                            A little slice of heaven.
                            Ünited Stätes Toughens Image With Umlauts WASHINGTON, DC—In a move designed to make the United States seem more "bad-assed and scary in a quasi-heavy-metal manner," Congress passed a bill Monday changing the nation's name to the Ünited Stätes of Ämerica. "Much like Mötley Crüe and Motörhead, the Ünited Stätes is not to be messed with," said Sen. James Inhofe (R-OK). An upcoming redesign of the Ämerican flag will feature the new name in burnished silver wrought in a jagged, gothic font and bolted to a black background. A new national anthem is also in the works, to be written by composer Glenn Danzig and tentatively titled "Howl Of The She-Demon."

-->CLICK HERE!$!$!<--

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy Weasel
                              I don't think basing can field 16 competitive squads so I'm fine with lowering that. Although I think dueling and javs may be able to field 16 squads that are all able to get some wins. Maybe throw some bye weeks into basing so the leagues would finish at the same time. Whatever. Other people fighting for TWL spots probably have put more thought into this than I have.

I'd prefer 2 seasons per year, with about an 8-12 week period in between them. Although really as long as the time between them isn't a year, I"m fine.
                              anti-scrub, pallies, disoblige, spastic, juice, incuria, melee, rejected basers, grapevine, syndicate, -final-, mambo, sk8, syndicate, whiterabbits, one more squad i can't name off the top of my head?

i don't think it would make sense to do 16 squads in 1 league and 14 in another since we are probably aiming to have them all end at the same time?
                              Philos> I both hate you and like you more than anyone in this game randedl
                              Philos> there is something about you
                              Philos> You're like the wife i'd love to fuck, but beat every night after work

PhaTz> we should all wear t-shirts that says "I WAS THERE WHEN RANDEDL LOST TWLD" and on the back, "TWICE"

Comment

Originally posted by BLeeN
                                Funny how people can change their minds so easily again.

First they all waved Guano in as the next best TWL op.
                                Next best thing is that they grind him to the ground.
                                I always thought of Guano as the guy who did everything behind the scenes, not a crowd-pleaser.

Yay for TWL Season 7. Few weeks, and counting.
                                5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
                                5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
                                5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

Working...
                                X