Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sleepy Weasel
    Ever heard of brit squad?
    lol, yes i have. Gotta admire how they never stop going at it.
    7:Knockers> how'd you do it Paul?
    7:Knockers> sex? money? power?
    7:PaulOakenfold> *puts on sunglasses* *flies away*

1:vys> I EVEN TOLD MY MUM I WON A PIZZA

7:Knockers> the suns not yellow, its chicken
    7:Salu> that's drug addict talk if i ever saw it

1:chuckle> im tired of seeing people get killed and other people just watching simply saying "MURDER. RACISM. BAD"
    1:chuckle> ive watched the video twice now

Comment

ew, were all 3 polls about twlb useless? and i hope random damage in twjd/dd and bd/leagues too will be changed!
      www.BasingCrew.com

Comment

Originally posted by Blood
        I say divide TWL into two. If any of you are familiar with pro league, iml and aml, you know what I'm talking about. Have 10-12 squads on the upper league, the same amount in the lower league, 2 worst teams of the upper league always have to compete with the 2 best teams of the lower league after the end of the season for spots in the upper league. tw has enough teams for this, and i bet it would make all this much more competetive. you can easily decide which squads are for upper and which for lower with twd, and I don't think it'd make the weekend schedules too cramped or lenghten the season.
        this wont work in tw that well because squads get dissolved so often..
        www.BasingCrew.com

Comment

Originally posted by JeBu
          this wont work in tw that well because squads get dissolved so often..

maybe they wouldn't with this system
          jee

Comment

This is true to. ALot of those squad who dissolve are always the same type of squads. The squad who are supose to be good in 1 league then they do bad, end up dying midseason or something. If they played ppl more on ther level they mite stay alive longer. As for stoping the squads such as rampage last season, and someone like fire this season i dont know what u'd do. They'd be "pro" league so to say yet they'll prolly die after 1 season. The only real way this would work is with squads like Pallies and diso who stay alive multi seasons. But i do like how its ran in DSB, and if its possible i think it'd be good here to.
            _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

keep it the way it is, dont drag it any longer....

ty
              There is no point in singing while shitting cause shit wont come out dancing.....

Comment

http://dsb6.league.nu/standings.asp?lid=17

This is how DSB runs their league, the top squad in Amateur league after each round moves up to Pro league while the last place squad in Pro league moves down to Amateur league. The Pro league and Amateur league are seperated into two conferences for each league just like the West and East conferences in TWL. So there are two Pro league conferences and two Amateur league conferences. Which means two Amateur league squads move up to Pro league while two Pro league squads move down to Amateur league after each round, one from each conference. Since there is 8 Pro league teams, there is 4 in each conference. I think there is like 6 games played in each round for Pro league, and by the 3rd round the conferences merge into just one conference for Amateur league and one conference for Pro league.

The thing with the DSB league is, you play the same squad a lot in your conference throughout the whole season, since you keep moving up to the next round with most of the same teams. While in TWL you play each team in your conference once, I think both leagues have just a few mixed conference games. So with all these rounds and matches in the DSB league the league really stretches out, I think were on week 18 coming up and thats still regular season.

So if we were to have our league just like the DSB league but with instead 10 Pro squads instead of 8, the league would really take forever. I know nothing about how the SVS league is ran so I won't make any comments on that. I personally think we should just keep the league how it is, atleast for this season. It works, and everybody wants league to start as soon as possible, meaning no more delays. Maybe next season we can have both a Pro and Amateur league while finding a way to keep the league the same length.

Comment

Why split the league into two? That's for TWD is for.. so more people can play.

If you have 2 leagues either they each have like 8 teams thus you play the same people over and over (boring!) or if they have more, you make it so that it becomes unmanagable for TWL to host reasonably. Other leagues like Premier can do it for sure, but they also have a dedicated zone and dedicated hosts for each league, TW doesn't and that's not going to change.

Further more, as I've seen in Premier, it splits the community into tiers. These tiers won't really care what happens outside of their own tier, and it helps fragment the community.

Finally it sets up elitism to the highest degree. Good players will soon realise if they ever want to play in the league that really matters vs. the really good teams, they will have to quit their squad to play in the 'pro league' squad. It amplifies the effect of team stacking. This in turn makes it so that the team that rises from the 2nd league every season usually gets mauled, and eventually each league more or less operates independently of eachother because no one from the 2nd league wants to rise up, and people at the top could care less about anyone else. I've seen this happen in Premier over the years and there's no reason why it wouldn't happen in TW. It works in real life because of various factors, but not in the limited communities of Subspace.

-Epi
                  Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
                  www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
                  www.animeslice.com

Comment

Those are good points and I agree. I don't see any real reason to copy other leagues if this one is working out fine to begin with. Each league in each zone should be ran in its own way, and I think TWL is running fine how it is. I just think we need to be more picky about which squads are allowed in league.

Comment

I don't see why the team that rises up from the lower league would always get mauled... I mean, Redshift is doing very well in Pro, and Creation is fine in IML.

What the tier system does do, however, is that it encourages some laziness in just staying on a lower tier than your skill would allow you to, and beating on everyone in that tier. I mean, what is United doing in IML, or for that matter all the Pro players in IML/AML, or IML in AML?
                      - k2

Comment

Originally posted by K2Grey
                        What the tier system does do, however, is that it encourages some laziness in just staying on a lower tier than your skill would allow you to, and beating on everyone in that tier. I mean, what is United doing in IML, or for that matter all the Pro players in IML/AML, or IML in AML?
                        Actually, United is in IML AND Pro with the same roster in both, same thing with Bad.
                        TWL-J champ season 5 (Elusive)
                        TWL-D champ season 6 (Elusive)
                        TWL-D champ season 8 (-FINAL-)
                        TWL-D champ season 10 (Syndicate)

Comment

Originally posted by Cig Smoke
                          This is true to. ALot of those squad who dissolve are always the same type of squads. The squad who are supose to be good in 1 league then they do bad, end up dying midseason or something. If they played ppl more on ther level they mite stay alive longer. As for stoping the squads such as rampage last season, and someone like fire this season i dont know what u'd do. They'd be "pro" league so to say yet they'll prolly die after 1 season. The only real way this would work is with squads like Pallies and diso who stay alive multi seasons. But i do like how its ran in DSB, and if its possible i think it'd be good here to.
                          what the heck?

Comment

I think cig is saying that the system wouldn't work because the good squads that sdhould be at the top of the later dissolve often after a season - even though new squads come to take there place.
                            The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
                            All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

yes maybe but most of those squads who dissolve is the reason because their squad isnt good enought. and many of those squads are full of squad hoppers who cares about winning too. actually didnt TWL have that system long time a go? i remember when there was first WF we won lower first season and 2nd season we got upper and got 3rd. then there was only wb and it was in TW leagues arena.
                              www.BasingCrew.com

Comment

16 teams is way better. 8 for 2 conference. I think it would be more fun having 16 teams.

Also having 16 teams is good in playoffs also. Well I mean after twl regular season ends, all 16 squads are allowed in the playoffs, (Ex - NHL Playoff System)

TWLD Season 8 Champion: -FINAL-
                                TWLB Season 9 Champion: -FINAL-

Sika> go in, burst and portal out © everett 2006 all rights reserved
                                Cross> feel like masturbating after seeing everett in javbirt
                                1:LF> my gf gives bad head, how do i fix this 1:pinkSTAR> give head to another guy 1:LF> k ur ignored
                                4:moot> cintra thinks he's as good as ev now so he's decided not to talk in public like him
                                1:broly> winning this title is like having sex

Comment

Working...
                                X