TWL Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Randedl
    k yeah, i said i did it really quickly, didn't even read it over.

anyways, aside from that: there will always be squads better than other ones, and thus, there will be those 0-10 records or something similar. the real reason behind those records though, was that those squads didn't have to qualify for twl, the were carryovers from 2 seasons ago where most league spots were granted to squads, not earned by them, this has now changed.

last season we had:
    diso, rampage, elusive, anti-scrub, melee, war angels, cripples, brit squad, pallies, light, spastic, mambo, whiterabbits, burning rose, no surrender, solstice, shriek, paladen, camisade, hck-limited.

granted those aren't all squads capable of winning twlb, and some of them did dissolve, but that is TWENTY squads worth of twlb players. add about a year since then and take the amount of time people have had to improve from playing twd or pub and that more people start playing the game than stop, and i think that number will have increased. subract the worst 4 of those squads and that's not a bad looking twlb i don't think, especially given that some squads that still exist from last twl who didn't play basing may take an interest in it now.
    I agree you'll always have teh squads w/ the real bad records. Regardles if we have 16 or 14, the last place team is obviosly the worst and will prolly lose to most everyone else. Its just how its ognna be regardless. I also think we can get 16 teams w/o thinking twice. Also like u said, alot of those squad got in by carry over from season b4, or by being top in TWD @ the time of a dropout. Not all of them earned it, this season we'll have every squad who makes TWL earn there spot there, so obviously they'll atleast show some sort of dedication towards it.
    _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

BTW, I'd like to know if the divisions are decided like last year. I'm probably not the only one who thinks the divisions were quite unbalanced. Of course, an easy system would be having last years playoff squads as squads 1, 2, 3 and so forth, and the rest in the order they finished in TWBD. Every second squad goes to division 1 and every second to division 2.
      6:megaman89> im 3 league veteran back off

Originally posted by Dreamwin
      3 league vet

Comment

Originally posted by Miku19
        BTW, I'd like to know if the divisions are decided like last year. I'm probably not the only one who thinks the divisions were quite unbalanced. Of course, an easy system would be having last years playoff squads as squads 1, 2, 3 and so forth, and the rest in the order they finished in TWBD. Every second squad goes to division 1 and every second to division 2.
        Ya only makes sence to break up the playoff squads equaly and then have the higher ranked TWD teams put into divisions that way. Its more accurate then having captains vote.

I was gonna say asevoimat to or wahtever ur called bc i seen u guys basing alot lately, but i dont konw if ur goin vs good ppl or not. I know I seen Elenya getting some balls and basing vs squads like Melee and actualy taking base and stuff.
        _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

It's not just about some squads getting bad records at the bottom of the rankings, of course that will tend to happen. But some of those squads with horrible recs get torn apart in every single match they play, without putting up much of a fight at all, so obviously they aren't competitive enough to compete in the league. Just look at the point differential from last league of how much these squads lost by in their matches and not just against the top squads. I would like to see each squad in the league atleast have the ability to make possible upsets or put up decent fights against other squads in the league, not just get destroyed no matter who the opponent is. This league is suppose to be competitive. For the squads who can't manage well or put up a good fight against the squads in TWL, there is always TWD for them.

Also, about qualifying for the spot in TWL. You act as if they really earn their spot in TWL by qualifying through TWD. First off, most of the squads that are going to compete in TWLB have to qualify for their spot, easily 10+ teams assuming we let 16 teams in? In a span of 1 month to qualify for leagues, to make it in the top 10 to qualify is no horrendous task. I'd say winning 5-7 base games should get you into TWLB no problem. I wouldn't really call that earning your spot.

But hey if you can think of 16 squads that are competitive enough for this league then by all means im for it, but I can barely even scrap together 14.

Comment

One thing is for sure. Pallies wants revenge =P

And Rand, last season we had alot of problems with squads dissolving.
            At least 4 to 6 squads might not even be there anymore till the end of TWL.
            Last edited by BLeeN; 03-17-2004, 06:25 AM.
            Light is faster than sound. That is why people look bright, until you hear them.

Comment

I'm with sleepy on this one. Afterall, this IS -TWL-..the ultimate goal to win. We shouldn't have 3-4 TWL's per year, or it will just lose its "purpose"...it's THE battle, the best against the best.

2 TWLs per year thanks.
              Originally Posted by HeavenSent
              You won't have to wait another 4 years.
              There wont be another election for president.
              Obama is the Omega President.
              http://wegotstoned.blogspot.com/

Comment

I say divide TWL into two. If any of you are familiar with pro league, iml and aml, you know what I'm talking about. Have 10-12 squads on the upper league, the same amount in the lower league, 2 worst teams of the upper league always have to compete with the 2 best teams of the lower league after the end of the season for spots in the upper league. tw has enough teams for this, and i bet it would make all this much more competetive. you can easily decide which squads are for upper and which for lower with twd, and I don't think it'd make the weekend schedules too cramped or lenghten the season.
                jee

Comment

But if you split TWL up, then you might get a similar situation to Premier, with various pro players going to IML or AML for some undiscernable reason, whether it's not wanting to play against as good opposition, or because they don't care, or whatever. But its ridiculous when ReDS in AML has one really good player that was in Pro, and another who actually won the thing, and then another pro player who is pretty decent. It's like Weaver, Randedl, and Lain joining Elenya or something and winning TWL lower league.
                  Last edited by K2Grey; 03-17-2004, 09:35 AM.
                  - k2

Comment

Originally posted by K2Grey
                    But if you split TWL up, then you might get a similar situation to Premier, with various pro players going to IML or AML for some undiscernable reason, whether it's not wanting to play against as good opposition, or because they don't care, or whatever. But its ridiculous when ReDS in AML has one really good player that was in Pro, and another who actually won the thing, and then another pro player who is pretty decent. It's like Weaver, Randedl, and Lain joining Elenya or something and winning TWL lower league.

Well Said K2.

We already have 2 leagues TWL, TWD. Not exactly the same...but it's a decent set up.
                    I came, I saw, I lagged out... :rolleyes:

Comment

Im in ReDS ty k2grey, and u made us no justice. we have about 5 ex pro players and 2 ex iml.

and this wouldnt happen in tw, cause the competition in tw is nothing compared to wat it is in premier. So in tw good players would stay in the top league, save rare exceptions
                      There is no point in singing while shitting cause shit wont come out dancing.....

Comment

Originally posted by demonfaze
                        It's not just about some squads getting bad records at the bottom of the rankings, of course that will tend to happen. But some of those squads with horrible recs get torn apart in every single match they play, without putting up much of a fight at all, so obviously they aren't competitive enough to compete in the league. Just look at the point differential from last league of how much these squads lost by in their matches and not just against the top squads. I would like to see each squad in the league atleast have the ability to make possible upsets or put up decent fights against other squads in the league, not just get destroyed no matter who the opponent is. This league is suppose to be competitive. For the squads who can't manage well or put up a good fight against the squads in TWL, there is always TWD for them.

Also, about qualifying for the spot in TWL. You act as if they really earn their spot in TWL by qualifying through TWD. First off, most of the squads that are going to compete in TWLB have to qualify for their spot, easily 10+ teams assuming we let 16 teams in? In a span of 1 month to qualify for leagues, to make it in the top 10 to qualify is no horrendous task. I'd say winning 5-7 base games should get you into TWLB no problem. I wouldn't really call that earning your spot.

But hey if you can think of 16 squads that are competitive enough for this league then by all means im for it, but I can barely even scrap together 14.
                        You make alot of good points demon. Although as for the squads that go 1- 10 and such, it still gives them experience. It can't keep being the same squads and players over and over becuase eventually those squads will dissolve, and alot of those players will stop playing.

Sure a newer squad in twl may do shitty, but it gives each player on the squad experience that they can't get from TWD. So even if the squad they're on dissolves, the maybe able to put up a better fight the next time around on a different squad.
                        7:Knockers> how'd you do it Paul?
                        7:Knockers> sex? money? power?
                        7:PaulOakenfold> *puts on sunglasses* *flies away*

1:vys> I EVEN TOLD MY MUM I WON A PIZZA

7:Knockers> the suns not yellow, its chicken
                        7:Salu> that's drug addict talk if i ever saw it

1:chuckle> im tired of seeing people get killed and other people just watching simply saying "MURDER. RACISM. BAD"
                        1:chuckle> ive watched the video twice now

Comment

Originally posted by Capital Knockers
                          You make alot of good points demon. Although as for the squads that go 1- 10 and such, it still gives them experience. It can't keep being the same squads and players over and over becuase eventually those squads will dissolve, and alot of those players will stop playing.
                          Ever heard of brit squad?

Comment

Twl's need to spread out somewhat to allow squads to grow, try new tactics, and just have fun without competition.

So leave it at 16 squads and maybe have twl twice a year? Because once is way to slow but twice is not extraordinarily fast.
                            -L3

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy Weasel
                              Ever heard of brit squad?
                              2-10 ffs We will be around forever, lets just hope this year we can improve on that record.
                              Last edited by TajaUk; 03-17-2004, 12:18 PM.

Comment

There is a big difference between someone like NS/BS in leagues and someone new coming into leagues who mite do bad. We dont know how they'll do, we dont know what each of there players can do, and like he said they mite do bad the 1st season but next season they'll atleast improve some. Squads like BS/NS were in leagues for how many years now, obviously they were alrite at some point but they showd they cant be top notch. New squads can expand and maybe grow, but u cant tell w/o givin a chance.

As for the 2 league thing, thast hwo DSB is to. Even the amature league gets a few shots at the pro league guys sometimes. Im not exactly sure how its ran i dont keep up w/ that shiz, but it works well. If we were to so something like this i'd be all game and whatnot, but i dont see anyone but the same few squads keeping in the top branch.
                                _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

Working...
                                X