No announcement yet.

TWL Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All 16 squads in playoffs? Hell no. You should have to earn your playoff spot, otherwise regular season would be pointless.

Comment

Originally posted by demonfaze
      All 16 squads in playoffs? Hell no. You should have to earn your playoff spot, otherwise regular season would be pointless.

It wouldnt be pointless, it would be how u earn ur playoff seed. If ur #1 u have a hella lot ezier way to the championship then if ur a #4 seed. Although Ivan set up the ladder the wrong way, i fhe did it rite it would work. Although i do go w/ u demon, since we are on this "playoff squads requalify" thingy i think we should stay with it and mak eteam work and strive for that

and Rip NN hit it rite on I didnt mean bad on u guys i mean those "elite" squads that pop up for 1 season much like Light and rampage the past few years, they would ruine the system blood wants. I think this year would be the only year ops would putt ppl in each sub league. Once a squad dies the #1 "amatuer" league squad would go to pro league. Meaning that new "elite" squad that pops up would go to amatuer leagues. IN my mind they wouldnt get a free pass rite to the top.
      _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

It doesn't even matter if you face the best squad in the 1st round of the playoffs or the finals, either way you'll end up facing them if there isn't some big upset. You don't get anything more from being knocked out in the semi's then you do getting knocked out in the quarters. So yes, it would be absolutely pointless to let every team in the playoffs. The top squads couldn't care less about regular season if every team is allowed in the playoffs, because im sure it doesn't matter to some of them who they face in the playoffs in whatever round.

Either way the undeserving low ranked squads will just get demolished in the first round of playoffs like they did throughout the entire regular season. Playoffs are suppose to be the top squads playing eachother, nothing less.
        Last edited by demonfaze; 03-19-2004, 06:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by demonfaze
          Either way the undeserving low ranked squads will just get demolished in the first round of playoffs like they did throughout the entire regular season. Playoffs are suppose to be the top squads playing eachother, nothing less.
          Agreed.
          1: cundor> let's do a disoblige .?go base
          1: Cremation> cundor desperately trying to tell the world hes a diso
          1: cundor> dude
          1: cundor> i already told my parents
          1: Desperate> LOL
          1: Cremation> HAHA
          1: bram> :)
          1: Da1andonly> LOL

Comment

Hey im with ya i dont think all 16 should make it. I was just pointing out good poitns from both sides. I bet to some squads tho they'd much rather play someone like BS in 1st round instead of mambo. And play an ezier 2nd match such as maybe Burning rose instead of a #2 seed who would have to face a mambo or spastic. (those names were using last year of course) ANd the abilities of an upset are what makes games/leagues fun Im sure in NCAA tourny u'd say most of them squads cant beat duke/NC but those 2 squads arent in the Finals every year. These are some things they gotta think about, although i like the idea of playoff squads getting an auto-bid into next TWL. so fux all 16 in TWL playofs.
            _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

Gosh, stop getting reasons for an even bigger delay....

i recall a few time ago we all saying TWL is fine just do it the way it is we dont care about new bots, now we are talking about a whole new level of changes.

implement the enw bots and lets get this show on the road. Ignore this inane babble thats being talked over in this shit thread
              There is no point in singing while shitting cause shit wont come out dancing.....

Comment

yeah im itching for kill
                NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

And I'm just plain itching, goddamn fleas.
                  jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Luckily Yours
                    Gosh, stop getting reasons for an even bigger delay....

i recall a few time ago we all saying TWL is fine just do it the way it is we dont care about new bots, now we are talking about a whole new level of changes.

implement the enw bots and lets get this show on the road. Ignore this inane babble thats being talked over in this shit thread
                    Most of this babble is bout playoff and playoff structure. Those things can be decided while TWD is goin on, or while TWL is even goin on. The chosing of 16 or however many teams is what needs to be decided b4 TWL starts. The holding back of TWD reseting has nothing to do with this thread or nethign else that we are doin from wha ti understand. I thought from P_L's 1st post it wsa to reset earlier this week.
                    _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

Cig, are u forum police or something?

does your computer beep everytime some1 posts in these forums, or are u just on permanent watch 24/7 ? You should talk to rabbitrappist so u could alternate shifts.

your on ignore from now on untill u stop:

1. writing a book in answer to every post.
                      2. answering to every post.
                      3. writing a book with nothing useful or interest worthy in answer to every post.

P.S. i saw u quoted me, didnt read wat was written below. this post isnt in answer to yours. oh and btw, dont ask me if u ever did anything to me, cause u didnt, i just dont like nicee people.
                      Last edited by Luckily Yours; 03-21-2004, 03:17 AM.
                      There is no point in singing while shitting cause shit wont come out dancing.....

Comment

first da1 and now download. I love it!
                        The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
                        All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

does your computer beep everytime some1 posts in these forums, or are u just on permanent watch 24/7 ? You should talk to rabbitrappist so u could alternate shifts.

3. writing a book with nothing useful or interest worthy in answer to every post.

P.S. i saw u quoted me, didnt read wat was written below. this post isnt in answer to yours. oh and btw, dont ask me if u ever did anything to me, cause u didnt, i just dont like nicee people.
                          You my friend speak on behalf of every freakin motherfucking ss player who reads this forum. Thank you download, you took the words right out of my mouth.

-Tyson
                          Blood Love Overcomes Our Depressions

Comment

I dont get what ur problem is, but i really dont care either. I check forums once when i wake up and once b4 i go to bed. That pretty much lets me read each person's reply w/o havign to read 20 minutes worth of replies b4 i can type. I actualy been trying to cut down on how long my posts are, but i realized i wont for u. Just bc u think somehing isnt worth or of interest doesnt mean someone else thinks the same way. I believe many ppl understand what im saying or atleast get the general gist of it.

As for tyson, i wont even start with u again, i'll simply ignore u. Its alot ezier then listening to some newbie ramble and have an additude bc he's all of a sudden "elite" in a game. To bad more ppl cant be like Domi where they are elite and dont talk shit. Some ppl i guess are just immature and make themselves look like an idiot.
                            _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

Originally posted by Nickname
                              I think cig is saying that the system wouldn't work because the good squads that sdhould be at the top of the later dissolve often after a season - even though new squads come to take there place.
                              I guess trench wars players love change, and a change of squad name or alias seems to be a common occurance every couple of months. So our current system works fine as it is, because it keeps in mind that no matter what new squads come up, only the squads who have the most activity and skill will regain TWL status.
                              ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
                              Failure teaches success.

Comment

Originally posted by Nickname
                                first da1 and now download. I love it!

Originally Posted by HeavenSent
                                You won't have to wait another 4 years.
                                There wont be another election for president.
                                Obama is the Omega President.
                                http://wegotstoned.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X