What a sad display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jason
    Nah, Rag. I can quite easily fall right into a manually hosted game. I was an ER way back during the Slowbob TWL era when all the matches were hosted manually.

BESTEST I SAY!

cool $$
    Originally posted by Kolar
    My reaction:

;1;Holy Shit
    ;1;Al Qaeda took care of method for us

Comment

Originally posted by TajaUk
      But we played a portion of the game 4v5 and you expect us to finish the game 4v5. Thats UNFAIR and not our fault.
      ONCE AGAIN, YOU SLOW BRIT!, it was your fault. you guys told that player to spec cus you wanted to sub him. YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO SPEC IN TWL. It is one hundred fucking percent your fault. and keep hanging on to that excuse because we both know it was only 4v5 for about 2 seconds before the rest of you specced yourselves too, not the entire game like you're trying to convince people of.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragnarok.
        lol? it has to do with bad luck not how good u are
        If the host doesn't know how to host manually it's not bad luck. Unpreparedness or stupidity is what that is.
        7:Randedl> afk, putting on makeup
        1:Rough> is radiation an element?
        8:Rasta> i see fro as bein one of those guys on campus singing to girls tryin to get in their pants $ ez
        Broly> your voice is like a instant orgasm froe
        Piston> I own in belim
        6: P H> i fucked a dude in the ass once

Comment

Originally posted by froedrick
          If the host doesn't know how to host manually it's not bad luck. Unpreparedness or stupidity is what that is.
          why let them host if they don't know how to host manually??

how hard can it be?? i mean just get a twbot in & remove ppl with 10 deaths
          and count the kill from 1 freq.
          Originally posted by Kolar
          My reaction:

;1;Holy Shit
          ;1;Al Qaeda took care of method for us

Comment

you dont even need a twbot ... manually hosting means you can *spec people when they get 10 deaths.

i dont think TWBots are even online during twl hours anyways, or matchbots for that matter... just TWLBots

Comment

Hmmm, all excellent points. However:

Why not host manually?

Probably because it'd suck ass to have to enter that much crap into the database. How many games are there during the weekend? How many players play? WPE <ER> was following the rules for TWL matches. The bot dies, the game is void and must be replayed. Check out section IV if you don't believe me.

Thanks, now stop crying and accept what happened.

As a side note: I do think you were robbed by a laggy bot (not certain how it happened...I think someone needs to review the exception.log on RoboQueen to see if BS knows of a bot-crashing bug) and I think when you play again you'll win anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Dougan
                Hmmm, all excellent points. However:

Thanks, now stop crying and accept what happened.

As a side note: I do think you were robbed by a laggy bot (not certain how it happened...I think someone needs to review the exception.log on RoboQueen to see if BS knows of a bot-crashing bug) and I think when you play again you'll win anyway.
                Bleh, I just wanna put my 2 cents in for this comment. We got randomed to this shitty ass saturday time and the other squad was unprepared. They were given extra time to put in a 5th because they only have 4. Im not complaining about that, however, as the game went in, the bot died and the game could have easily been manually hosted or started over again like it should have been.

The +/- Deaths do matter in this league and now round 11 they will get lucky, maybe show some of their better players for subs when they only had tatsumari. I dont really care who shows for them at this point, however, this game was clearly ours at least +25 and every point matters for playoff contention.

And for crying? Its frustrating when you get screwed over constantly by staff, and delay of game. British squad was unprepared and now they get to week 11 with more people. Fair.
                I found a nickel and I bought a fishing pole, Then I sold some fish, got a raft, fished more, sold massive fish, sold raft, bought a ship, hired a first mate (awesome), picked up a crew, won TWL.....

http://pirates.exquisitehosting.com/...ercules_02.gif

Comment

ahahahhahahahahahhhahahahah

Comment

if you dont like how twl goes, then stop playing it.
                    LA

Comment

Who cares, u'll beat them in week 11 when you will know if u need the win for playoffs or not. Having it later in the season probably benifits u even more considering pirates will get better and BS probably wont.

On a side note tho, TWL staff should decide on a set in stone rule of whats gonna happen if a bot lags out. 1 week games are being restarted rite after the bot comes back, then the next game they delay it till week 11. There should be a rule that states if games should or shouldnt be restartd rite away taht way hosts wouldnt have to make the call.
                      _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

Originally posted by TajaUk
                        Underground is a slime who takes great pleasure in following us around and slating our squad and britian, coz portugal beat us at football, go figure his brain?
                        haha i take pleasure in doing that to, not because we beat u at soccer, but because u think u are good at it.

Awesome, u give too much importance to a non factor squad.
                        There is no point in singing while shitting cause shit wont come out dancing.....

Comment

Few points.

TajaUK,

Stfu with your "randomly assigned luck" bull. The match is not randomly assigned out of those slots left, it is chosen by a TWL OP who knows full well what the squads said about when they can show.

Stfu with your trying to blame us for showing 14 pilots because we got lucky and some schedules that didn't believe they could make it made it, our luck in showing a good line has nothing to do with getting screwed over from the day we actually KNEW people could show.

And stfu with the "blame staff not us" crap, I'm damn well blaming staff, but you don't get off the hook. You are a disgrace to TWL, if you can't show 5 pilots at the match start time (which you said you could make even!), if you resort to specing members to force a rematch, and if you can't play another a mere half hour after original time (rematch lineup timer was called at 8:29, 8:39 was when the 10 minutes ended and the rematch should have started), then please do us all a favor and exit twl stage left.

Suggestions:
                          Please employ only hosts who are capable of switching to manually specing mid game. The bots are only required to check the elligability of players, all players in the game are obviously checked out, and it wouldn't be hard at all to simply print a list of elligable players before the game starts (players who are aren't there at the start shouldn't and alreayd might not be allowed in anyway).

Hell, why have the complicated elligability checks performed so fragily at all? Use the TWD bots which are much more proven (only crashed on me twice in like 100+ matches) and simply only have elligable players on that roster.

There are possible solutions out there to keep this from being the several times weekly occurance it is right now.

P.S. Please do follow Rob Dougan's suggestion and check the logs to make sure the bot wasn't spamed/crashed/etc out.
                          Last edited by Lews Therin; 06-26-2004, 10:55 PM.

Comment

this post started as something about the way it was hosted.

heres basically what happened.... just to clarify why lews was unhappy with the staffer.
                            1. British squad have 4 people at the end of the 10 minutes, Pirates have 14 ... on a game where they needed it to be saturday in order to play their best players, so they got their wish and it was saturday
                            2. the game was 24-14, the bot lags out... game continues.
                            3. score reaches 41-20, british squad decides they want to sub someone. knowing full well the bot had been gone for some time. someone tells the guy in question to spec. (illegal in twl to spec on purpose, should be granted 1 death automatically by the host as stated in the rules i believe)
                            4. host to british squad communications apparently fail and the host does not put in the player they wanted to sub in.
                            5. British Squad decides .... moment after they told the first guy to spec ... to just all spec
                            6. silence (since there is still a blueout) for 2-3 minutes
                            7. i pm the host to get some more info on what the hell is going on, shouldn't we be given the win since they all specced?
                            8. no response, minutes later the host leaves the arena.
                            9. i use ?help did we win or is this going to be replayed or what? ... no response
                            10. everyone assumed starts assuming it'll be replayed week 11, the end.
                            So yeah, excuse me and my squadmates for "whining", but i think we're entitled. Not one thing went our way except for the part that we actually got to control.... the actual gameplay. And we were cheated out of that by the bot, the other squad, the host. So yes, we whined about it. And so would you.

Comment

Originally posted by Luckily Yours
                              Awesome, u give too much importance to a non factor squad.
                              once again, this is mainly a post about staff... but to a lesser extent, about british squad too.

and we just feel cheated since we would've likely taken first place in our conference had grapevine won their game vs. pallies tomorrow.

Comment

No offense wpe, your a good person but the whole "not manualed" thing bugs the hell out of me. After all, I do remember asking at the beginning of season: "What if the bot fails or gets d/c?"
                                Someone replies: "Thats why the host is there."

Back in the day the games were hosted manually. So WPE, I shall forgive you (since it is British Squad) but I have given you a new homework assignment. =p

Comment

Working...
                                X