Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd like to see any proof you have of these moments that had a massive impact on a game, besides dreamwin doing it twice in 2020

Also just because something happened in the past, doesn't make it right. Just cause you were wronged by some bullshit doesn't mean it's ok for someone to be wronged the same way 5 years later
    Last edited by zidane; 06-16-2020, 11:51 AM.

Comment

• Don't try to play devil's advocate with me, Zidane. You have unknowingly abused this "glitch" in the past, which has been witnessed by many other players and even mentioned several times in this thread. Does this mean you deserve to be on the banning block? The answer is no, in case you were wondering .. common sense.

In the end there is no way to prove something that has happened in the past 20 years without video proof. I know for a fact it has happened few times in TWDT and TWL, and I'm not even speaking of the latest season where I had heard it happened once again and was caught on camera. Whether we speak about shark mines or bombs being cleared mere seconds before impact which would kill one's own team, invisible warbirds or spiders killing key targets immediately after ship switches/changes, or javelins causing a team wipe. Sometimes these are done in the last minute of the game (which makes it more "memorable"), and at times they are done much earlier on. It is not as uncommon as you think, but doesn't happen as often as it used to due to specials not being as powerful.

In my honest opinion is that it does not matter when this abuse of bot mechanics happens. It still gives a large advantage to the team abusing it and affects the outcome of the game. I do not believe it is right to do it, and thus honestly our first priority should be to fix the bots to ensure it does not happen again.

Bottom line is that you should stop with the witch hunts and outrageous demands of forfeits and bans. It is not productive or helpful at all.

Comment

• Here some thoughts about what I read :

-I agree with Zidane (or was Ogron) that if you inversed the positions, people would still support the same team, ie not Fire. Most of them would call it cheating if it was done by a Fire player I'm well convinced.

-Most intriguing post is one of Singer's. So if someone lose an appeal he can't play next game right? That's fun I bet most people never knew that. Also the answer must be made about the exact appeal ie forfeit for Plade? So if they say no forfeit but we replay it's another proof that rules here have absolutely no meaning right? Also isn't 24 hours or something to give an answer? I don't even know. But it's maybe time to stop making rules, or to respect them, right now it looks like a circus.

-Ogron comparing Dreamwin invisible javing with a white cop killing a black man. BLM brother, you got some good points here.

What a mess..

But I vote Dreamwin2020 I hope the guy who gonna make the decision only gonna refers to rules and not his personal opinion. And adapt rules for future season if necessary. And do what Turban said.

Comment

• please provide any proof of me ever bypassing my death timer, i'd like to see it turban. also I never said dreamwin should be banned, I do think plade should forfeit since they lost the game.

also you should get off your highhorse, it is not suitable for someone who admitted he

Comment

• Originally posted by Turban View Post
            Bottom line is that you should stop with the witch hunts and outrageous demands of forfeits and bans. It is not productive or helpful at all.
            It is if you believe you won the game and were robbed by a cheater. From that perspective it's not productive or helpful to derail with other scenarios in which a bot can be abused, but wasn't in this game so is therefore irrelevant to this appeal.

Comment

• I think we are missing a very valid point here. Anyone making a ship change will do it as fast as possible. Fire's has every right to be angry over what happened, but forfeit is going too far, and who's to say a shark couldn't have bombed that repless cram? Plade had a shark with reps for those 2 spiders, I can kill 2-3 spiders myself at close range with a shark when opponent spiders have no shark, and I am only an 8* spider. 99% is "fake news", you can't 100% truthfully say Fire had the game won.
              Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

rylo> 1.5 mil for whoever kills renzi
              (10 seconds later)
              rEnZi is out. 17 kills 10 deaths. 2 players remain.
              P TW-Pub> rylo sent you $1,500,000, you now have $4,047,199.

If you're going to do a thing you should to it to the best of your ability or don't do it at all.

Comment

• Plade won. Many squads have been screwed over by "unfair" bugs, glitches, dumb fucking bots, flag jupes, lag, etc. in the past and nothing was done to rectify it. Refer to Stayon's post. Instead, rules or bots were fixed after the fact. Those of you asking for "hard proof" of these injustices are literally going against Fire's argument of keeping the "integrity" of TWL. Laugh.

The community remembers.

If this appeal is granted you're literally slapping the face of everyone who was "wronged" in past TWL seasons. Again, refer to Stayon's post.

This was a known issue pre-TWL and nothing was done. That isn't DW's or Plade's fault. You can't change outcomes because you don't like what happened, that's not how it works.

Was it lame? Oh, fuck yeah, but move on like many have before you.

Congrats, Plade!
                zidane> big play
                Omega Red> dwop sick
                mr mime> its called an orca smash u uncultured fk
                WillBy> ^^

1:Chief Utsav> LOL
                1:Rule> we dont do that here.

cripple> can u get pregnant if u cum in gf's ass

Comment

• Originally posted by Nipple Nibbler View Post
                  you can't 100% truthfully say Fire had the game won.
                  I can say it, did say it, and believe it to be true.

Comment

• Wow. So much could be said. I could perhaps dwell upon the notion that had either team secured me in their starting line noone would be having this convo. Or maybe I could go down the road of ridicule where I lambast Fire for bawling and pouting like such grand idiots that they might well have ruined it for themselves by being too stubborn to accept a replay. I'd at some juncture probably take a quick detour to shine some light on Kado's performance going about as poorly as I'd have predicted. Or I could even go so far as to point out in a play-by-play where certain players are basically clueless and consistently failing themselves and their team. I'd probably also note that, as a (Championship) captain in the Basing Cup, I macro'd !change for my sharks to re-rep in an emergency - I simply forgot to do it, but I acknowledged it as fair game and a well known mechanic of the league. Ship was invisible? ask for a REPLAY you fkn bitter idiots, or sink with the stubborn feedback-loop that is your pride. this is basically my take on the situation as it currently stands.

But instead I'd like to focus my attention on what I'd deem the most insidious and obnoxious of the wyrms I see crawling around here... it can be seen most vividly in all of its unholy glory via Stayon's inane ramble of post, but its appearance is noted much elsewhere as well. It essence lies within some idea that because this is year 2020, or season 23 orwhatevr, or bc ur 30+ years old or blah blah, that people ought to "care less" about the game. This is such a disingenuous and stupid fucking notion. Ill just give a quick example: Lets take a player like Rough. Imagine Rough 15 years ago, when he'd probably admit to "caring" about the game. He was probably just as irrelevant, tried just as hard, and had some similar insecure fuckboy disposition akin to the one he carries now, but the point is, he was playing the game hours each day, same as today.

What kind of idiot spends hours and hours every week doing something and then immediately turns around and tries to call it irrelevant or devalued as a way to spend said time? This is the basic goddamn premise of Stayon's thesis and it is echo'd in the sentiment of many others around here, and I find it absolutely abhorrent and utterly self-defeating, and I wish you'd all shut the fuck up.

The Mind of the Father
                    Riding on the subtle guiders
                    Which glitter with the inflexible tracings
                    Of relentless Fire

Comment

• If what dreamwin did isn’t illegal, then the conversation should stop right there. I think it would be shortsighted to give Fire the benefit of the doubt based off of conjecture.
                      Last edited by renzi; 06-16-2020, 12:14 PM.
                      J-B-Inc> i ddi that duel while doing coke of pawner moms ass

8:Riverside> UPDATE FOR WEEK 1:
                      8:Riverside> I go 4-60 and we lose 0-6

2:saiyan> [Dec 22 21:22] Rough: yo just came on to tell you, can you go on a real date with a girl (need to be specific here lol) instead of talking to claus on forums about calcs and formulas for a league? Happy holidays btw

Comment

• Originally posted by Rab View Post
                        But you don't have to kill entire cram to break, 2 spiders with a shark CAN kill 3 spiders without, leaving 2 spiders left. Mikkiz can crash through 2 spiders, especially since they will have already been shooting. Mikkiz also could have bursted. There are too many what if's. The game was not over, at high level of play anything can still happen.

(10 seconds later)

If you're going to do a thing you should to it to the best of your ability or don't do it at all.

Comment

But you don't have to kill entire cram to break, 2 spiders with a shark CAN kill 3 spiders without, leaving 2 spiders left. Mikkiz can crash through 2 spiders, especially since they will have already been shooting. Mikkiz also could have bursted. There are too many what if's. The game was not over, at high level of play anything can still happen.
                          That's what the 1% is about.

Comment

• Originally posted by Poseidon View Post
                            I could perhaps dwell upon the notion that had either team secured me in their starting line noone would be having this convo.
                            Actually true.

Comment

• Originally posted by zidane View Post
                              please provide any proof of me ever bypassing my death timer, i'd like to see it turban. also I never said dreamwin should be banned, I do think plade should forfeit since they lost the game.

also you should get off your highhorse, it is not suitable for someone who admitted he
                              Zid, stop. We don't have video evidence, but if we're arguing about one's "integrity" ....

Have you used this same bot command to clear bad mines in the past? Yes, you practically invented this lame ass "strategy". The irony.
                              Have you used it to save a bad mine from breaking your own cram? Yes. Plenty TWers have witnessed this.
                              What do sharks do? They die. A LOT.

Now, what's the probability of you switching yourself when you're a dead shark? Really fucking high.
                              What does this do? Clears bad mines, give you 3 reps again, and bypasses the death timer.

*GASP*

It was a lame tactic, and hilariously ironic. But, you're fucking thick headed, man.
                              zidane> big play
                              Omega Red> dwop sick
                              mr mime> its called an orca smash u uncultured fk
                              WillBy> ^^

1:Chief Utsav> LOL
                              1:Rule> we dont do that here.

cripple> can u get pregnant if u cum in gf's ass

Comment

you can't 100% truthfully say Fire had the game won.
                                Originally posted by Rab View Post
                                Originally posted by Rab View Post
                                That's what the 1% is about.
                                So not 100%

(10 seconds later)

Comment

Working...
                                X