No announcement yet.

Week 3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pallies hasn't had any bot difficulties.
    Originally posted by Ward
    OK.. ur retarded case closed

Comment

Guess you missed the TWLB game I was talking about.
      sdg

Comment

I find that ignoring evidence that contradicts things I arbitrarily feel like saying is good for my digestion and general sense of well-being.
        Originally posted by Ward
        OK.. ur retarded case closed

Comment

Well why arent the bots ready? Seriously now, i appreciate whos making them, but why was TWL started 3 weeks ago when we knew the bots werent ready? And why was did it say on the website that the bots should be ready for LAST weekend. Now you're saying the bots wont be ready for THIS weekend. Thats some real horse shit.
          _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

why isnt there an official word or at least a TWL OP saying something...grrrr...
            1:Nimrook> On a scale of 1 to 10.. how old do u think Michael Jackson's boyfriend is?
            1:Jack Kiefer> 22
            1:Jack Kiefer> he is innocent, i know from experience. All I did was sleep in his bed and he gives back scratches.

Comment

As we speak, there is being worked hard on the new TWL bot. The new bot will be based on Matchbot, what is a stable bot used in TWD for years. We expect the bot first delivery on wednesday

Thats from the TWL site b4 LAST weekend games. Now a week later we supposidly dont have bots that are ready.
              _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

the majority of twl wanted no gap... why would you make a gap

Comment

I don't mind the delays, like decy said, it'd just be nice if someone would tell us what the fuck is going on.

Asia Minor> see you sunday fuckers
                  Asia Minor> maybe not
                  Asia Minor> i hope you guys lose
                  bloodzombie> I hope your mom fucks you while you sleep
                  bloodzombie> every time you have a wet dream, it's really your mom fucking you
                  bloodzombie> remmeber that next time
                  bloodzombie> seriously

Comment

TWL needs a press secretary
                    top 100 basers list

Comment

Originally posted by Vykromond
                      Pallies hasn't had any bot difficulties.
                      Good for you .

At 1st week our game against pirates (base), bot crashed 1 time, also in wb's against pallies. Well that's kinda ok BUT, last week (round 2) our game against Teks in base, bot crashed 3 or 4 times, and were delayed by hour. Bot crash wasn't the only reason to that big delay... We didn't get any host since there was 5 twlb games at the same time (surprise that host were missing from the game which was schduled 1st... "newbie basing, who cares" ?)

I really hope they will get rid of this annoying bot crash.

Ps. Fix that time slot thing in twl site.
                      Cuji> Mantra stop spamming ?cheater, running in twd game is legal

Pearl Jam> ewan, stop stealing goals you mongoloid

Comment

Good morning,

Earlier this morning I had to read in my staff letter email that TWL is going to be delayed this week (Ironic if your a TWL op).

So what is going on the last weeks?
                        Before i returned to staff as TWL op the decision has been made and TWL was announced with the preseason date. The problem however and still is the development sector of TW. There are definatly improvements met, however it takes time, patience and some fall downs before it all is going to fall in place.

Aslong as I have been back, i have done damage control in the TWL sector. We have experienced afk or not avaible bot and website coders untill now.
                        Sika have stepped up and helped us out alot with bot coding. The bot is ready for first testing, however getting it up onto TW is taking days and days, since some problem taunt us. This is not unfamilair to me, since TWL season 7 had the same development problems also. Once you get a bot coder capable to do some research on the case, you need to motivate him to find the solution to your specific problem; They sometimes don't do much more things then asked. This is very (very!) frustrating, but I need to live with it. It takes time before things are done, unfortonatly we don't have that time. The problem relies on the few people who have access to the whole bunch.

Communication
                        Besided that are a lot of other problems to get TWL on the right track. One thing is the time difference and schedules between head TWL op Pure and myself. Since its basically the case when I go to sleep, pure logs on a hour after, we barely see eatchother on the chat, and its hard to adjust schedules to meet actually and discuss things rather quick. That causes a lot of miscommunication problems and also the problem discriped in my first paragraph/line.

TWL Week 3 delay
                        We basically agreed that another preseason with the old bots would have been dramatic. The prroblems we saw the last week (bot crashes 3 times in one game for example) I find unnacaptable to go on with. That is not fun for you, neither for us running around at every arena, chaos on staff chat etcetera.

Since pure is unaware of the status of the new TWL Bots he decided without consulting me to say unnofficial (since i don't see any news posted by him) that this weeks TWL is going to be delayed. I can agree with this completly, if we do not get the bot up and running with a first test on friday it has no use. Besided, scheduling would be too tight to get your squads all lined up on saturday and sunday times.

With all that said, we still continue to work on all the things mentioned. We still read the TWL forums and note down every suggestion we like, and discuss it with TWL Staff to possibly add it in.
                        Posting news is done not reguraly since we are all unclear sometimes on the situation also. We really try to improve all, but in this case time is short and it leads to frustration. I ask you personally to give us some time and slack on it all, and lets pray and hope all is aligned the next week.

Thank you,
                        Rodge
                        Greets,
                        Roger

Comment

Ok .... anyone for some TWD this weekend?
                          gravy_: They should do great gran tourismo
                          gravy_: Electric granny chariots
                          gravy_: round the nurburgring

XBL: VodkaSurprise

Comment

Originally posted by GuruMeditation
                            Ok .... anyone for some TWD this weekend?
                            dibs

Edit.

Rodge, does script work on the TWLBot? Or is he only working on other bots? Because he's made stuff involving automatic DB updates i'm pretty sure, and lately we've been hanging out so I think he's in a lax point at his school.
                            NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

I totally agree with the delay. It would be too stupid to play with retarded bots, it would be same as if you are listening music with your walkman and suddenly your batteries are empty.. Plus scheduling games for weekend would be too frustrating if your bot crashes 4 times per game. Just when you get new bots done.. test em and if they are fine.. start twl 8 without no more preseasons.

You can all wait week or 2, can't you nerdies?
                              revolt> my girl
                              Golden_Aim> nice lips, i bet she gives u awesome blowjobs
                              Metal Headz> she looks good for bjs
                              Golden_Aim> LOL MHZ
                              Metal Headz> ROFL

1:kesser> MENTION ME
                              1:kesser> MOST KILLS

kess is homo

Comment

Originally posted by Golden_Aim
                                You can all wait week or 2, can't you nerdies?
                                No..
                                megaman89> tsunami taught me that 1 shouldnt have used it
                                L K> taught u what?
                                megaman89> how to suck

9:WiL> im gonna with my league \o/
                                9:Graner <ZH>> you mean win?
                                9:WiL> being on plade i forgot how to spell it

Comment

Working...
                                X