No announcement yet.

The next TWLB season.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think you're wrong eeks... I think new squads will appear that surprise people... though the 4 big basing squads that you mentioned will be hard to beat for a newer squad, because we've been playing together longer, a lot can change before the season starts. look at light last season, they showed that a bunch of skilled players can come together and and succeed in basing without having played together for a long time.. you've also got squads like floydians who have been tyring to build for quite awhile, and might pull some surprises... there's also wtfz, which I know very little about, but I think they're basers.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I think there is an increasing amount of basers in tw, and when it's almost time to start the season, all those people are going to want to be involved... obviously they can't all join the established basing squads, so new squads will be formed and older squads will pick up more basers...

basing leagues are only gonna get better.
    http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

ya but i am available for a squad also, so just pm me im on all day
      Tox

Comment

WTFZ and Decay. 2 new squads with undoubtable potential in base.
        http://disoblige.be-damned.com/OLD%20WEBSITE/

Comment

Yes, if ull remember Annux built one of the best basing squads before with Vortex (until he got banned) and now we have a great deal of its old members and more, plus our leaders probably wont go through the trouble of getting banned, and niether will annux.
          Mayo Inc. - We should change god's name to "Tod"... see if there's any followers. - Mattey

Comment

that's what you think, muahahha!

Comment

Vortex looked in contention for Third last TWLB. I think wtfz can at LEAST be Top 5, most likely higher (if it stays stable)

Floyds seem to practice alot, somewhat liek the bunnies did/do. They'll be top contentders too.
              The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
              All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

Originally posted by Kookie
                Floyds seem to practice alot, somewhat liek the bunnies did/do. They'll be top contentders too.
                LAFF

Floyd are not the bunnies, they don't have the skill the bunnies have they aren't the bunnies, We played against them and owned them with people not in proper positions. SO LAFF
                There once was a man from Nantucket.

Comment

Floyds 4 TWLB!

Comment

adman:
                    we based with AS about 6 weeks ago and lost by 25k after being ahead!? at about 20 mins in.

seems like the question to ask here is what would happen if we didn't have "people not in proper positions".

Hmmm, speaking of basing with AS, I talked to Fruitang yesterday about basing this weekend. Sunday @ 3PM US EST seemed to work ok for both...so let's all find out!

At this moment I think were about 5th in trench when it comes to basing. Anyone who disagrees, feel free to stand up. Were on every Sunday, and talking smack in forums doesn't get anything done. We duel too, and have even had one jav match, not that were planning on entering in javs..

..and PS
                    arrogance doesn't want none anymore. Last time we based it was 5 wabbits w/ mayo, credit account, and mythrandir and we lost by 10k. This "scrimmage", after they decided they didn't want to schedule any more matches. No doubt, worried how it'd look to lose to us after winning 144-58 a month before when we weren't well practiced.
                    And you run, and you run to catch up with the sun, but it's sinking
                    Racing around to come up behind you again
                    The sun is the same in a relative way, but you're older
                    Shorter of breath and one day closer to death

Comment

I've never been one to put a lot of stock in scrimmages. A-S is a good example of a squad that can do absolutely horrible in a scrimmage and do fairly decently in a league match. We scrimmaged Onix last season and lost by about 100k and a few days later defeated them in the real match.

Scrimmages are just a good way to get some players some playing time, to see where your weaknesses are, and to have some fun.

llater,
                      Tony

Comment

You into fun, Tony?

Comment

Originally posted by Gabraham

..and PS
                          arrogance doesn't want none anymore. Last time we based it was 5 wabbits w/ mayo, credit account, and mythrandir and we lost by 10k. This "scrimmage", after they decided they didn't want to schedule any more matches. No doubt, worried how it'd look to lose to us after winning 144-58 a month before when we weren't well practiced.
                          arrogance> PLAY US
                          Gabraham> give me 2 weeks to prepare
                          arrogance> DIE

We're stronger with a lineup of our own players. 3/8 is a pretty large percentage. That was a scrimmage, but you can't seem to leave it at that.

But yeah, lets throw down again this weekend Gab. No 2 weeks to prepare, and no subs since you can't seem to accept scrimmages for what they are. How's that sound? Sunday afternoon?

Comment

How can you prepare for a practice? Thats like saying im gonna study for my homework which i will receive tomorrow in class...
                            :yawn:

Comment

Rabbits> play us
                              floyds> no
                              Rabbits> play us!
                              floyds> no
                              Rabbits> wtf? you talk shit but you won't play us?
                              floyds> in a month
                              Rabbits> a month!?
                              floyds> a month
                              Rabbits> what do you need a month for?
                              floyds> we need better players because we suck
                              Rabbits> better players won't help you.

month later. Rabbits win 150k-50k

Rabbits> How you like that?
                              floyds> We still should have had your TWL spot!

Comment

She's choppin' broccoli!

This post brought to you by the comedic genious of the one and only Dana Carvey.
                                jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X